its official peolpe its toronto against the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its official peolpe its toronto against the world

i am getting sick of the refs and the nba..... where is the unbias refs now people dissing
    canada or raptors deosn mather cuz they suck what about whats right

punctuation marks help make sentences more intelligible; use them.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

ach, it's some peoples opinion that the refs are out to get ya but then the Raps should never give them the chance to screw them. In every game Raps have lost "due to the refs" there have been so many missed opportunities the players can only blame themselves for: bad defence, poor shot selection, missed free throws, offensive breakdowns etc.

Yes the refs have been garbage; yes the Raps have had some critical calls not go their way or be called at all. But the refs didn't miss the crucial free throw, DeMar did. The refs didn't force up that terrible shot falling through 2 set defenders, Lowry did. The refs didn't prevent the Raptors from running a good set to get a good look in the crunch, the defence did.

If this were OZ, raps fans would be Beecher early in season 1. All dressed up in ladies clothes wearing lipstick crying about getting screwed by an old man. It's time to take destiny into your own hands and take a crap all over this poor-me shit and hang the blame where it belongs: THE RAPTORS.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
        i am getting sick of the refs and the nba..... where is the unbias refs now people dissing
        canada or raptors deosn mather cuz they suck what about whats right
        Go to sleep, Andrea. You guys have a game tomorrow and we don't want to see any of your lazy rebounding or sub par defense. If you spend all your nights before game day making crappy threads online, its no wonder you've been playing like such a slouch.
        Last edited by pesterm1; Fri Nov 23, 2012, 07:05 AM.

Comment

"the Raps should never give them the chance to screw them."

Right, so shit reefing is acceptable if you manage to win the game in spite of it?

Fucking ludicrous.

Comment

I am ready to kick the world's ass... where are they, let me at them, got my brass knuckles on standby.

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
              "the Raps should never give them the chance to screw them."

Right, so shit reefing is acceptable if you manage to win the game in spite of it?

Fucking ludicrous.
              Shit reffing isn't acceptable at all. But what can anyone do to change it? Send more tape and demand public apologies, only to see it happen again in the future? Wasted effort, IMO.

Worry about what you (the Raptors) have control over. As Minks said, that's decision-making and execution. Play sound basketball, and a non-call in the final 5 seconds would be inconsequential.
              Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Nov 23, 2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

where is the unbias refs
                and you indirectly hit the nail on the head.

Its not that the refs are 'bias' its that we as fans are 'bias' towards our team. So we see what we want to see and blame those who don't agree. We simply place our own biases on others. ie. The Raps should win, the Raps didn't get a call and lost, the refs are the ones making the calls, therefore the refs are bias.

Charlotte, Miami, LA, OKC, Houston... all those fans and their media think the refs are out to get them to from game to game and situation to situation. That the refs have a bias against them or that the league is conspiring against them.

Refs make mistake. They blow calls. The way calls are made aren't always the way we wish they were.

Thats what happens when you have imperfect people making decisions based on an imperfect system who uses imperfect people.

When a team is in close and important games, where one or two possessions make all the difference its going to seem that much worse. Unfortunately Toronto was in a position, right from the start of the season, where every game is important, ever more so with each loss, and almost all the games were close. Making what amounts to the usual seem extreme.

If a team keeps relying on the refs to blow the whistle (or not blow it respectively) in order to get a win - there is a larger statement about the team being made.

Comment

You file a class action suit against the NBA and the officiating crew at the behest of the Raptor Fan Base and sue them for malice and obvious disregard for standards.

You bring up the Donghey situation as well as statistical analysis to show that the game is indeed officiated differently when a Canadian team steps on to the court.

You put on the heat on the league, to put in checks and balance into place. You fire Stern's ass before he can retire. You launch personal investigations against all officials and their private lives to make sure there is no inappropriate behaviour. You turn on the heat to 11. You become such a thorn in the side of the NBA, that every time an official sets foot in Pearson, they need to make a run for the washroom to shit their pants.

Playing nice, and being polite is not going to get you much notice.

Comment

Send more tape and demand pubic apologies.[/QUOTE]

I don't intend to be the spelling police but this was pretty funny... You missed the 'l' in public and it came out as 'pubic apoligies' as in apologize for exposed pubic hairs? Just a funny thing, that's all.

Comment

MillerRegent wrote: View Post
                      Send more tape and demand pubic apologies.

I don't intend to be the spelling police but this was pretty funny... You missed the 'l' in public and it came out as 'pubic apoligies' as in apologize for exposed pubic hairs? Just a funny thing, that's all.
                      LOL! Ooops.

Corrected

Comment

Toronto against the world!!!!!

I think we've scratched the surface of a serious conspiracy here. The NBA is obviously paying off the refs to put the Raptors at a disadvantage, in order to allow teams from the bigger markets (like, uh, Charlotte?) to win more games.

Think about it...this is obviously the first step in a wider scheme to invade Canada, gain control of the tar sands, and turn us into the 51st state. They demoralize us by making our basketball team seem terrible when they're actually a cast of all-stars. Then they use our losing record as a reason to buy out MLSE. From there, it's just a quick jump to controlling the Canadian hockey system, the Teacher's Union, and all Primo Pasta plants in the country.

Torontonians, unite. Grab your JV bobblehead dolls and a piece of wood with a nail in it. Let's invade Buffalo and put an end to this insanity!

Celebrating the Futility of the Toronto Raptors:
                        http://www.holycraptors.com

Comment

Holy Craptors wrote: View Post
                          Toronto against the world!!!!!

I think we've scratched the surface of a serious conspiracy here. The NBA is obviously paying off the refs to put the Raptors at a disadvantage, in order to allow teams from the bigger markets (like, uh, Charlotte?) to win more games.

Think about it...this is obviously the first step in a wider scheme to invade Canada, gain control of the tar sands, and turn us into the 51st state. They demoralize us by making our basketball team seem terrible when they're actually a cast of all-stars. Then they use our losing record as a reason to buy out MLSE. From there, it's just a quick jump to controlling the Canadian hockey system, the Teacher's Union, and all Primo Pasta plants in the country.

Torontonians, unite. Grab your JV bobblehead dolls and a piece of wood with a nail in it. Let's invade Buffalo and put an end to this insanity!
                          +1

Comment

Drummond just dunked a ball while it was in the cylinder (like, IN it), and the next play Valanciunas is called for an offensive foul that was clearly a flop.
                            Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

I vouch Scotts eye, I saw the same sequence and had the same questions
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X