Reasons for Optimism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    As I said last year and in the offseason, you can't change a culture without changing the people. Culture is not something that just happens, or that can be imposed. It's a by-product of your personnel. Quick story:

My first job was with a struggling group in a company. When I started, I worked my ass off: 12-15 hour days. Then, I noticed that all the managers left at 4:00 and the senior guys were playing on the internet all day. So, all of us young guys started doing the same thing. A year later, the company removed the vice president in charge of our group and hired a new guy. The next day, the new VP fired all 3 senior managers. The day after: he fired all the senior guys under them. The next day, he fired half of the juniors. The message was clear: fucking around time is over boys. It took two years but by the time I left for another job, the department was back on its feet. Why? Cause the department was now full of hard working, intelligent guys who were ambitious and hungry. Why? Cause he hired guys who were hard working, intelligent, ambitious and hungry.
    This is great, but how does it apply to the Raptors exactly?

Based on your analogy, who are the senior guys who got fired? We had a team in the top 10 defensively, we got rid of Barbosa, Bayless, James Johnson, Gary Forbes, Alabi, Uzoh, Carter, Magloire, and replaced them with JV, Ross, Lowry, Fields, Lucas, McGuire and Acy. Now our defense is amongst the worst in the league again. Should replace half the team again?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post

Based on your analogy, who are the senior guys who got fired? We had a team in the top 10 defensively, we got rid of Barbosa, Bayless, James Johnson, Gary Forbes, Alabi, Uzoh, Carter, Magloire, and replaced them with JV, Ross, Lowry, Fields, Lucas, McGuire and Acy. Now our defense is amongst the worst in the league again. Should replace half the team again?

Here is what slaw was hinting at:

#FireBC

Comment

I'm guessing the analogy wasn't specific to defense, but instead, "culture" in general. In which case Colangelo needs to go, his henchmen need to go, and their defensively-challenged, 1-dimensional players, need to go.

Comment

It's not a story about shuffling around the worker bees. It's a story about management. Establishing a successful organizational culture doesn't start with the minions, it starts with the head honcho. If MLSE wants to send a message that "fucking around time is over", cleaning out the front office (and I do mean cleaning it out) is the place to start.

Comment

In that case I agree with you 100%!
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Just wanted to say:

I told you so.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                Just wanted to say:

I told you so.
                Told who what exactly? To be optimistic at the start of the previous season (which was a trainwreck)?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  People keep finding all these excuses. Landry Fields was hurting us when playing, and now people go "oh bad luck we have Landry Fields hurt!" If you haven't noticed, Dallas is above .500 with a rag tag group of cast offs and old people and NO Dirk Nowitzki.

Our record is what it is. We are not a good team, we are much closer to the worst team in the league then we are to a playoff team. Lowry can keep it as positive as he wants but I see a team that's been playing for a month and are only better than the 0-10 Washington Wizards.

Oh, and I'm sorry to burst anyones bubble, but this percieved "core" of DeRozan, Lowry and Valanciunas in his prime is like a 7th seed at best, despite improvements, DeRozan will never be a top 3 option on a good-great team, he's a 6th man or "Landry Fields" starter at best.
                  Mhhmmmmm You are not Nostradamus

Horrible predictions ahahahaha
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    It's not a story about shuffling around the worker bees. It's a story about management. Establishing a successful organizational culture doesn't start with the minions, it starts with the head honcho. If MLSE wants to send a message that "fucking around time is over", cleaning out the front office (and I do mean cleaning it out) is the place to start.
                    This is probably the most sensible post. Short and on the nose.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

We don't need results now.
                      We need a good team and a strong foundation. The results will shortly follow!
                      We need a good team but the Raptors are not a good team. WE need a strong foundation but there is not a strong foundation.

There were results last year in an incredible turnaround on defense. This year the results all point to regression.

I disagree results are not needed now. A lack of results now is proof the direction of the franchise is flawed.
                      white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Told who what exactly? To be optimistic at the start of the previous season (which was a trainwreck)?
                      Im pretty sure this is self explanatory.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I don't think it is at all. I think you're trying to sound smart about something that was totally random. The foundation is totally different (if you count players to front office to coaches). Some pieces were moved...some pieces they were moved for were moved....Management was totally cleared out, and the support staff in the coaching team totally changed. The team that started this season more closely resembled the team you were saying to be optimistic about, and the early results were so awful that Masai shook things up even earlier than anybody could've thought.

You're just being annoyingly condescending about this.

Comment

Bahahhahahahahaha

Whatever makes you feel good, dude.

Notice when the comments were made? Yeah, you were so right about a team headed to a 6-12 start before a MAJOR trade that drastically changed the team.

Bahahhahaha

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong - one of my more redeeming qualities in a sea of not so redeeming qualities.

But it is nice to know you've been holding this card close to the vest. I bet it makes you feel good now, eh?

Bahhahahahaha

Comment

So weird that this was even bumped... its two Season Old?! WTF?!

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              So weird that this was even bumped... its two Season Old?! WTF?!
                              Good lord.

That just makes it even more laughable.

I thought it was from the start of this year.

Comment

I agree, I like where the team is going, and am afraid another GM would unravel our development
                                Since we are cherry picking comments, perusing the thread, I find this hilarious.

Yeah, Masai sure unraveled this teams development!

Lets start the #BBB campaign!

#BringBackBryan

Comment

Working...
                                X