I really feel bad for Jonas, DeMar and Ed today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=TRex;165633
    Davis - 15pts and 14rbs in 22mins. Played his hearts out today while Bargnani played like crap. What would it take for this guy to get some legit playing time?
    [/QUOTE]

Consistency
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Bargnani? i hope you're being sarcastic man...
      I really need to stop getting high. I meant speshol ed.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
        Consistency
        Not to mention the nightmare created by having JV and Davis clogging the paint on offense. Not saying that anyone would drive, but if they wanted to, it would be prett much impossible.

Nobody in their right mind would or could predict that Bargnani wouldnt have made more than one shot.

Comment

You folks do realize, I presume, that Bargs is just a basketball player, he is not a killer, a pervert, etc. yet the hate I read is amazing. If he plays well, he's lucky, if he sucks, you told us so. Face it, he is a seven footer who will get you 20 and 5. Play fairly good one onone defense and can create mismatches (on most nights). He is never going to be a great rebounder or help defender.

Some folks have to get over themselves. He is what he is; his salary is about right for his credentials and there are never guarantees that whoever you trade for (however passionate) will be any better. Is 15 points and seven rebounds better than 20 and fiveÉ You get the point).I sometimes get embarrassed when I read RR and see the hate spewed out. I canm only wonder what other bloggers must think...

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            T Mac was like 20 when we left TO. Bargnani is a fucking 27 year old, no defense playing, no rebounding 7footer that chucks endless three's all game long. This guy is not going to become any better than he is now.
            If Bargnani gets on the right team, with a strong teamdefending big, and in a particular role, not as the first or second man, he could easily be a very helpful player. And by easily I mean easily.

Comment

Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
              You folks do realize, I presume, that Bargs is just a basketball player, he is not a killer, a pervert, etc. yet the hate I read is amazing. If he plays well, he's lucky, if he sucks, you told us so. Face it, he is a seven footer who will get you 20 and 5. Play fairly good one onone defense and can create mismatches (on most nights). He is never going to be a great rebounder or help defender.

Some folks have to get over themselves. He is what he is; his salary is about right for his credentials and there are never guarantees that whoever you trade for (however passionate) will be any better. Is 15 points and seven rebounds better than 20 and fiveÉ You get the point).I sometimes get embarrassed when I read RR and see the hate spewed out. I canm only wonder what other bloggers must think...
              Bargnani doesn't fit the culture of this team anymore. He's a relic from the days of Colagelo's failed "Phoenix North" experiment. Casey will never be able to fully implement his defense-first philosophy with a player incapable of understanding team-defense.

This has nothing do to with his contract, and everything to do with his style of play. Bargnani does not fit the Toronto Raptors anymore. Why is this an "embarrassing" concept?

Comment

I agree that the fit is probably not there as he needs to set himself to score, he can`t do it in transistion. The embarrassment comes from the way we seemingly attck individuals as opposed to intellectually present ideas. I get the passion, but as in all things, I think we need to control it (for the record, I also watch these games and shout and curse...)

Comment

I agree that the fit is probably not there as he needs to set himself to score, he can`t do it in transistion. The embarrassment comes from the way we seemingly attck individuals as opposed to intellectually present ideas. I get the passion, but as in all things, I think we need to control it (for the record, I also watch these games and shout and curse...)
                  I think the passionate/emotional responses are a direct result of 17 years of constant losing, with very little reason to believe things can improve based on the current roster. It's a helpless feeling...

This franchise has yet to crack the 50-win barrier. That's pretty pathetic when you think about it. And nowadays, 50 wins seem farther away than they did last year.

The Magic were in the finals in just their 5th year of existence. Our expansion laughing stock cousins, the Grizzlies, have reached 50 wins (and look to be a great position to do so again this year). Heck, even the NBA's doormat Clippers look to have a nice core group moving forward (plus the bright lights of Tinsel Town to attract impact players).

The Raptors, on the other hand, seem to be running really fast, but going nowhere. It's the familiar "treadmill of mediocrity" theme that has plagued this franchise for years. Not good enough to compete, and not poor enough to draft elite talent. Worst of all, the cycle has no end in sight....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani doesn't fit the culture of this team anymore. He's a relic from the days of Colagelo's failed "Phoenix North" experiment. Casey will never be able to fully implement his defense-first philosophy with a player incapable of understanding team-defense.

This has nothing do to with his contract, and everything to do with his style of play. Bargnani does not fit the Toronto Raptors anymore. Why is this an "embarrassing" concept?
                    Unfortunately it is starting to appear like Colangelo is also a relic from that failed experiment.

Comment

I agree, optimism is becoming harder and harder to find!

Comment

I certainly get some optimism out of us not getting blown away by teams. Double overtime against the Spurs, who always do very well in the regular season. Of course losing again hurts (sucks). I just hope Casey et al get better at closing out games. He wasn't good at that last year and he still isn't.

Comment

provide a reason to be optimistic. Instead of that righteous bullshit you're spewing.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I think the passionate/emotional responses are a direct result of 17 years of constant losing, with very little reason to believe things can improve based on the current roster. It's a helpless feeling...
                            I completely agree with Halifax that the reactions by some people should not be part of this forum. The constant fuck this and fuck that like language is fucking annoying. I also don't think the 17 years of losing are to blame for this or can be used as an excuse for this, not in the least because I don't think most who use that language are old enough to have experienced most of these years first hand.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                              provide a reason to be optimistic. Instead of that righteous bullshit you're spewing.
                              Kickboxing, need more time for kickboxing.

Comment

This team is not me, and I don't take their losses or wins personally. I find following an NBA team to be full of entertainment, from seeing how draft picks pan out, to watching our GM flop like a fish. I doesn't have to be a winner for me to be entertaining, sometimes there is more entertainment in meritocracy.

Take for instance the NY Knicks, it was so much fun to go to that forum when they sucked and see their suffering. To talk about Curry stealing burgers from the attendees in the courtside seats. I miss those days.

Comment

Working...
                                X