Demar playing the three.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar playing the three.

Should probably go in the everything Demar thread but I figured I'd post it out here first. As much as I dislike the two point guard line up, it's showing us an interesting situation that has been talked about for a while: Demar playing small forward. I don't have any stats to present, but from the eye test it doesn't seem like he is having any trouble defending the position. Offensively it does hurt him because he can't post up because his man is too big, but he does seem to be able to attack the rim easier. Long term, especially given the fact that Terance Ross looks pretty good, this is probably the position we will need him to play. Maybe one of you stats guys can analyze more?

I'd love to see more of Lowry, Ross, Demar, Davis, and Val. That is the line up of the future.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Demar has found a new niche as a post up guard. It would be more effective against shooting guards rather than small forwards, but for when the competition is not too stiff, Demar can play the SF just fine. I also think Ross at SG can compliment him!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Outside of JV, highlight of the game on Sunday for me was DeRozan drive and kick to Ross for wide open 3.

For this thread, one thing to remember is wing injuries. Anderson is hardly the answer long term. I am not sure about anyone else but Fields is getting a pass from me for the time being. I think he can do more than what he has shown.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Demar has found a new niche as a post up guard.
        More than anything, I think this should not be disturbed especially when he's hot.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

id much prefer Demar at SF & Ross at SG then these 2point guard combos..Demar can guard the 3 better then jose can guard a 2 sooo it should be a no brainer in that situation.. i get why DC likes it but it hasnt worked well at all..

Comment

I really like derozan at the 2, he is so much better with the threat of being able to post up, probably does wonders for his confidence as well. Im hoping kleizerbeam can get healthy (what is his status anyways?), and string together a couple of good games. He rebounds adequately, shoots 3's, posts up often, on paper he is exactly what we need. I would be satisfied with lowry,derozan,healthy kleiza,davis,big val

Comment

At the 2 he has a distinct size advantage in the post, something he really has learnt to take advantage of. It may be smarter to just get another starting SF...
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Y'all are forgetting about my man Landry fields

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Y'all are forgetting about my man Landry fields
                  Check post #3.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Check post #3.
                    besides you Matty D

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Outside of JV, highlight of the game on Sunday for me was DeRozan drive and kick to Ross for wide open 3.
                      He did the exact same pass to Bargs on Friday, loved it.
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Leave Derozan at the 2. His strength this season, is, well, his strength! LOL! His post-up game has been on-point, and is able to get better looks at the basket in terms of pull-ups and jumpers off the catch for he is taller and bigger than opposing 2 guards.

But, I would definitely love to have Derozan start at the 3, promote Ross at the 2. Both compliment each other very well, not to mention Lowry in the mix, the perimeter would be solid, stronger in the future.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                        X