Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptor Media: Finally a bold statement from......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thing is, if we make the playoffs won't it be in spite of BC?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

How do you figure? If he's to blame for the failures, he should be credited for the successes.
      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
        How do you figure? If he's to blame for the failures, he should be credited for the successes.
        True.

Comment

I like how they appropriately lumped in Landry Fields with other "end of bench" guys Alan Anderson, Dominic McGuire and Linas Kleiza. Yea he's injured but let's call it like it is.

Nice avatar Matt. I'm glad to have you on my side for a change.

I understood what you meant a month back about how it didn't make sense to be so pessimistic even despite Colangelo's past record. You were right, I had every reason to be optimistic because it was illogical to doubt the future of a team based on the GM's past historical blunders. Truth is I've been blind to anything positive with the Raptors due to me calling for BC's head (or Bargnani's) for years now. I hate to be right in this case and witnessing your 180 just makes me sad.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

The problem is that in the NBA you reward failure with a Draft pick. So the little success he has had, was due to his failure.

Even when he failed, he failed at failing. We managed to get the worst picks, while teams like Cleveland were double dipping. Who the fuck is Terrence Ross?

Bryan is a loser regardless of how you arrange the letters.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              I like how they appropriately lumped in Landry Fields with other "end of bench" guys Alan Anderson, Dominic McGuire and Linas Kleiza. Yea he's injured but let's call it like it is.

Nice avatar Matt. I'm glad to have you on my side for a change.

I understood what you meant a month back about how it didn't make sense to be so pessimistic even despite Colangelo's past record. You were right, I had every reason to be optimistic because it was illogical to doubt the future of a team based on the GM's past historical blunders. Truth is I've been blind to anything positive with the Raptors due to me calling for BC's head (or Bargnani's) for years now. I hate to be right in this case and witnessing your 180 just makes me sad.
              I would like to think I've been rational and reasoned in my opinions. I would like to think now is no different.

There has always been, what seemed at the time, logical explanations for the poor play. All those excuses are now gone and there remains only 3 constants: Bargnani, Calderon, and *Colangelo*.

Casey really made a push last season to make a change in the franchise. It would appear to me, barring some unknown head trauma, that he has been told to go in a different direction. How else can one explain the absolute collapse on defense?

Basically all that was going well with the franchise has been undone in just a couple of months.

In my opinion there was always noticeable progress (even in losing) the last few years. Now what we have is a team that might contend for a playoff spot at best.

It is time to make changes. The excuses have run out. Too many players and coaches to delude oneself in to thinking otherwise.

I definitely agree it is sad. As many have experienced first hand, I usually always try to find a positive angle. I can't right now.
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:58 AM. Reason: Colangelo not Casey!

Comment

i want everything gone but lowry,ross,dd,ed and jv gone at this point. that includes casey and bc. our only chance at being relevant for an extended period of time is starting to look more and more like andrew wiggins. we need a star whos not going to leave for nothing so we can finally develop a winning culture. wiggins and jv with a soild supporting cast would keep us in the playoffs for the next 10 years

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  In my opinion there was always noticeable progress (even in losing) the last few years. Now what we have is a team that might contend for a playoff spot at best.

I definitely agree it is sad. As many have experienced first hand, I usually always try to find a positive angle. I can't right now.
                  The positive is that the team, despite seemingly awful, has competed in most games and hung tough against opponents like the Spurs and Utah. Even our current 4 game losing slide had two 1 point games and the OT game against a much much much much much (x infinity) better team. Demar is played better than we dared to hope. JV is more NBA ready than we dared to dream. Lowry has been better than advertised.

We lack a veteran presence to help us close those tight games, we are guided by Lowry who hasn't done that much winning himself in the NBA (but is still a great player to have) and no one else. The culture change has started, and there have been positives signs.

It is baffling that the team has regressed on offence, but I agree that there may be executive influence on how Casey is running the team. MLSE is famous for making money, not winning championships (or even making the playoffs).

But there are still positive's Matt. Don't go to the darkside!!!
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

DeMar DeRozan on the Raptors’ record: “We are not a 3-11 team at all. Period. I don’t just say that. That’s our record, but it does not define us. That’s not what we are. We lost a good nine games that we should have won. That’s the difference right there. Turn things around and things start rolling for us, we’ll be fine. I think we’ve got a little bad luck spell right now. Once we get over that, we’ll be fine.”
                    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...ng-to-houston/

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      The positive is that the team, despite seemingly awful, has competed in most games and hung tough against opponents like the Spurs and Utah. Even our current 4 game losing slide had two 1 point games and the OT game against a much much much much much (x infinity) better team. Demar is played better than we dared to hope. JV is more NBA ready than we dared to dream. Lowry has been better than advertised.

We lack a veteran presence to help us close those tight games, we are guided by Lowry who hasn't done that much winning himself in the NBA (but is still a great player to have) and no one else. The culture change has started, and there have been positives signs.

It is baffling that the team has regressed on offence, but I agree that there may be executive influence on how Casey is running the team. MLSE is famous for making money, not winning championships (or even making the playoffs).

But there are still positive's Matt. Don't go to the darkside!!!
                      If Bargnani was dealt and the Raps returned to Casey-ball, I am back.

Comment

Many people on this site, RealGM, RaptorsHQ and Raptorblog have been making these arguments for 3 years but this is the first time I have seen anyone in the Canadian MSM explicitly call for his head. It's about time. There are only three reasons Colangelo has survived this long:

1. His last name.
                        2. The fact that MLSE doesn't know the first thing about running a NBA team.
                        3. Tanenbaum loves him. In fact, I have been told repeatedly by someone who is pretty dialed-in to the MLSE org that this was the only reason he survived his last contract expiring.

Comment

If Bargnani was dealt and the Raps returned to Casey-ball, I am back.
                          Well there are enough Barg's trade threads and discussion in the media that even BC might finally pull the trigger. Heck, amnesty him and led Ed Davis, JV and Amir take all the minutes.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I would like to think I've been rational and reasoned in my opinions. I would like to think now is no different.

There has always been, what seemed at the time, logical explanations for the poor play. All those excuses are now gone and there remains only 3 constants: Bargnani, Calderon, and Casey.

Casey really made a push last season to make a change in the franchise. It would appear to me, barring some unknown head trauma, that he has been told to go in a different direction. How else can one explain the absolute collapse on defense?

Basically all that was going well with the franchise has been undone in just a couple of months.

It is time to make changes. The excuses have run out. Too many players and coaches to delude oneself in to thinking otherwise.

Really? Casey is a constant? Not even a full season with the team and you lump him in as a constant. I respectfully disagree with you here. Maybe you're on tilt a little bit today with your vitriol. Did you mean BC instead? 15 games ago he was heralded as the great savior. Not sure i'm ready to throw him under the bus just yet.
                            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Really? Casey is a constant? Not even a full season with the team and you lump him in as a constant. I respectfully disagree with you here. Maybe you're on tilt a little bit today with your vitriol. Did you mean BC instead? 15 games ago he was heralded as the great savior. Not sure i'm ready to throw him under the bus just yet.
                              That was a typo on my part.

I am going to fix it.

Comment

The article has inspired an avatar change.

Enough really is enough.

I want to see if and what he can do with Bargnani before he is shown the plank, arrrrr me maties.
                                Damn Matt you beat me to it!

I agree, although on my wish list, i also have trade Calderon and get DC an offensive assistant coach.

Jose has been atrocious on D this year. DRating may not show it, but ive seen games where he got eaten up by Holiday, Tparker leaving him at halfcourt. He seems to let his man pass him leaving the help D to scamper. And those 2 brutal inbounds again the SAS. Yikes.

If BC is able to trade Bargnani and Calderon before the deadline, i dont mind him staying as the GM, but if he doesnt, then Adios.

Comment

Working...
                                X