Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptor Media: Finally a bold statement from......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor Media: Finally a bold statement from......

.....the CBC????

Well atleast I feel my tax dollars have been used for something remotely useful

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/...-be-fired.html

Mr. Andy Phillips good on you for taking the path untravelled.

While I don't doubt there will be some who may disagree with the article, its nice to finally get something other than brown noising or ambiguous fluttering in the wind opinion thats usually comes from those who cover this team.

Even if this isn't a step in a new direction for the Toronto media as a whole, its nice to finally have some diversity.

It is sad it has come to this.

I would add a 6th which ties in with others in those 5: a failure to follow through on hyperbole most related to opportunities to improve the team via trade. Examples:

a) Bosh trade exemption
    b) Peja contract
    c) expiring contracts
    d) cap space
    e) flexibility

I have had good debates with many posters on these types of issues. While I don't go back on the things I say, I do apologize for those who said BC would do nothing with it. Sadly, I can't take anything BC says at face value anymore. He simply has never pulled the trigger. The reason why the trigger was never pulled was because Andrea was never on the table. Now he very well may be on the table but his value is at an all-time low. The more I type, the deeper this sinking feeling gets. I'm going to stop now. I might go for a cry and a bowl of ice cream.

Comment

Bravo! Great article. The most refreshing piece I've read in years!

Comment

yeah, great article. i don't really like hearing their comments about calderon's grit, but he definitely is a sieve on defense
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The article has inspired an avatar change.

Enough really is enough.

I want to see if and what he can do with Bargnani before he is shown the plank, arrrrr me maties.

Comment

*hear hear

Still don't think BC gets the hook this year though. If we end up 5th in the lottery (and lose our pick to OKC), then maybe pre-draft, but BC is here until after the trade deadline, which means he will be the one to choose what to do with Jose's expiring deal (our last trade chip!!)
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              *hear hear

Still don't think BC gets the hook this year though. If we end up 5th in the lottery (and lose our pick to OKC), then maybe pre-draft, but BC is here until after the trade deadline, which means he will be the one to choose what to do with Jose's expiring deal (our last trade chip!!)
              I'm not sure he gets let go during the season either. In order for that to happen I think the Raps would have to be out of playoff contention early.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                The article has inspired an avatar change.

Enough really is enough.

I want to see if and what he can do with Bargnani before he is shown the plank, arrrrr me maties.
                ouch. that 72 players is crazy 72/16 4 full team changes. are we the best at that?

Comment

dunno, with the argos suddenly champs, the jays making dramatic changes that everyone is excited about, it might actually pressure the higher ups to do something.

i was thinking about it last night and it really is time to let him go. the team has no real direction outside of "hope to make the playoffs!" and its not working. i disagree with the comments that Ed and Ross were bad picks, but the roster is certainly in dire straits.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure he gets let go during the season either. In order for that to happen I think the Raps would have to be out of playoff contention early.
                    At the current rate, we're only a few weeks away from the playoffs being nothing but a distant blur on the horizon.....

Comment

if you're going to rebuild, rebuild. the team has a few nice players but could definitely use a talent injection. this "add a couple different middling players each summer" that goes nowhere needs to end.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                        Ummmmmmm..... aren't we there?

3-11 record

68 games left.

.500 is going to be needed to get in it would appear.

Are the Raps going 38-30?

Maybe but it would take some radical changes from what we have seen thus far.

Comment

I've always been a BC supporter, but clearly he has not been able to deliver. We have a nice foundation of KL, DD and JV with a sprinkling of ED going forward. If only BC could come through and get us something in a trade of AB and JC, but at this point that would just be false and misplaced hope.

Comment

I think its a bit early in the season to call for his head. Clearly the team is in rough shape right now and has been for quite a while. I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I was so excited about the team he put together in the off-season that i'm a little shell-shocked after the first 14 games. You've got to imagine that it will get better.

There's no denying the team is headed in the right direction. JV has me very excited, and even ED has put together a solid start to the season, which I wasn't expecting (despite me always falling on the side of Ed in the endless ED v Amir debate). After being an avid Bargs supporter from the beginning, I do think that he has to be moved. He's a good player, I enjoy those moments of brilliance when they happen, but this team is developing a culture that I whole-heartedly approve of, and he no longer fits the mold.

The article was brilliantly articulate and points out the major failings of BC's tenure in T.O. His inability to address the 3 is very puzzling. He basically apologized to Marion when he traded for him...which is kinda messed up considering it was his best attempt at filling that position (I know it was really a move to get rid of O'Neal, but BC could have made it seem like he was going to make it work). His inability to attract and/or keep top talent is an indication that his reputation around the league has taken a major hit. How can a fan-base support him when players and their agents don't trust that he can build a winner? I think BC needs to respond to these concerns in some manner. Whether by trade or by amnesty (Kleiza is my candidate since Calderon is my choice to be the first Raptor lifer...hypocritical, I know), shit better start getting real.
                            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Ummmmmmm..... aren't we there?

3-11 record

68 games left.

.500 is going to be needed to get in it would appear.

Are the Raps going 38-30?

Maybe but it would take some radical changes from what we have seen thus far.
                              There is no doubt that with every loss the playoffs look less and less likely, but they aren't out of contention yet.

I also don't think it necessarily needs to be the playoffs, just a shot at it. (just my opinion of what MLSE would be thinking, and not what I think should be the case). Trust me when I say I hope I'm wrong here completely and the bar is much different than I think

Comment

Working...
                              X