X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embarrassing the team more like it.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

No free agents are running to sign in Utah. But year after year they are in the playoffs. Solid ownership, draft well and when star doesn't want to resign they trade him and get valuable assets. Well run organization.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
        LA Dodger fans protested McCourt's ownership and he chickened out and sold the ball team. A protest would not be the first time any fans have chosen to do so. But the ACC is always full so I'm not sure MLSE/Rogers/Bell would care. I'm also not 100% sure any of the authority figures knows or cares what basketball is.
        Attendance has dropped for the raptors in the last few years. And they cut ticket prices almost in half last year.

Comment

Only protest if its against BC and MLSE. Do not protest against the coaching staff and players, you're just asking for trouble then.

Comment

You don't need to make signs demanding trades to protest the team. The best way to protest the team is to just not show up. Once management see 75% or more empty seats per game they'll realize people aren't interested and things need to change.

Comment

Its not that easy. 80% of the people that show up are casual fans

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Only protest if its against BC and MLSE. Do not protest against the coaching staff and players, you're just asking for trouble then.
                I totally agree for the most part players have played hard. Minus a few (Vince at the end, turkoglu). OWNERSHIP should get the heat.

Comment

Yogi wrote: View Post
                  Sorry, but that's not the answer. This isn't a relationship. Protest MLSE, protest, Colangelo, protest the coaching staff....but don't protest the players. You'll shoot the organization in the foot cuz players will not want to play here even more than they already don't wanna okay here.
                  Yogi is my dogs name.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    shutup. No one cares for your 'Woah-is me' attitude.

Ill tell you what is NOT healthy for any progress:
                    Another Coaching Change
                    Another 'Blow it all up' season
                    Another desperate move to get slightly better in the short term

Cant you for a second see the message you are sending as representatives of toronto fans? We want to be known as the 'Best fans in the league', that is our only way to attract free agents from our part.

Just relax and stop watching for a while if you really want to protest.
                    Agreed, though I doubt fan reaction is a big part of player recruiting, even though every free agent ever signed sites the fans as a reason he did...that's bull.

You know what idiots, a few more wins and it's a 500 team, so just calm the f down. Demoralizing start to the year, yes, absolutely, team missing a true star player,yes, team missing a small forward, in more ways than one...misguided focus on running in training camp, probably, but if we had gotten the pacers opener, the jazz, the bobcats, let's say just those 3 easily had games that came down to make or miss, the playoffs would still be in sight,which is where the team is in it's stated plan, and should be. Leave the decision making to basketball professionals, pleeeease.

Oh, and maybe cheer for the team if you happen to be at a game and not in your basement.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      We all make signs and go protest the next home game

Signs must demand trades, action etc...

I think we would be the first fans to ever protest our own team.
                      A hundred times no to this. This is a horrible horrible idea. You don't protest the player's and coaches, especially since all but one or two seem to be giving their all. We've got to "hold our team down", "have their backs" so to speak through this tough stretch.

Comment

RaptorVic wrote: View Post
                        Rich people don't like to be embarrassed. Since they are not competent enough to compete while staying under the cap. Then why not go over. Look at the nba teams payroll. Why are we not close to the top? Because of suckers like us.
                        I guess you don't know very many rich people. Do you really believe that some petty little protest from 200 fans will produce any response from the owners? You idiots are suggesting that you buy 200 seats to do it. Seriously? This franchise is still one of the more profitable ones in the league and if you think that by supposedly embarrassing the owners they will change personnel you are very sadly mistaken.

Comment

Embarrassing the team more like it.
                          Good
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I'm not saying protest would work but doing nothing hasn't worked. Every movement starts small. MLSE has ruined sports in this city. We deserve better.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              Good
                              This is my team. Embarrassing MY team, would embarrass me.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

This is my team. Embarrassing MY team, would embarrass me.
                                But OUR team is already embarrassing

Comment

Working...
                                X