Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps make ESPN's 5 on 5 list. Not in a good way though!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mountio wrote: View Post
    Chemistry for sure. But I would argue that the injuries may have helped us (ie if LF wasnt hurt, no way that T Ross gets time .. who is clearly our best 2/3 after Demar). Its really, really frustrating.

I think the one thing that ppl are missing is that the rest of the league got a lot better (especially the bottom feeders). Charlotte, Nets in particular .. but still, it doesnt explain 3-12!

Maybe the biggest factor is that we have just lost so many close games .. 2 or 3 of the last posession games go our way and it doesnt look nearly as bad...
    3-13...

2 overtime losses (tied after 4q)

2 losses by 1 point (one of which the NBA has publically admitted was the ref's fault)

1 loss by 2 points

1 shot goes down instead of lipping out, or 1 reffing call goes our way or 1 more free throw is made (FT shooting has been dreadful thus far!) and the Raptors could very easily be 8-8, sitting in 8th place in the East, without even playing any better than they've played.

I know a loss is a loss, but it's optimism VS pessimism... and I really hope that DC can keep his young team from getting too pessimistic about their record, especially in light of the # of new starters (including 1 rookie), all the injuries and especially the fact that the Raptors have had one of the toughest schedules to start the season (which will be balanced out in Dec/Jan)... the sky is only falling if DC lets it fall.

I maintain my optimism.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

robert parrish 00 wrote: View Post
      I thought at very least we would be as lousy as last year too. The funny thing is I thought our upgrades were just as good as the Nets...(insert fart noise). Preseason set my expectations way higher than they should have been.
      I assume you must haved mistyped. You thought that Lowry, JV LF and Ross would be as good as Joe Johnson, Lopez (back from injury) and Gerald Wallace this year? As much as I had hope for these guys, lowry is the only legit NBA player. Think what you might about JJ, GW and BL .. but they are all legit NBA players (JJ a legit allstar).

3 years from now .. maybe. Considering their contracts .. maybe. But this year on the court? No way ..

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
        Chemistry for sure. But I would argue that the injuries may have helped us (ie if LF wasnt hurt, no way that T Ross gets time .. who is clearly our best 2/3 after Demar). Its really, really frustrating.

I think the one thing that ppl are missing is that the rest of the league got a lot better (especially the bottom feeders). Charlotte, Nets in particular .. but still, it doesnt explain 3-12!

Maybe the biggest factor is that we have just lost so many close games .. 2 or 3 of the last posession games go our way and it doesnt look nearly as bad...
        A few more calls going our way would have had us in a lot better position. Think the guys are kind of pissed thing have gone the way they have call wise which has made things how they are so some degree!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          I don't know how this team is significantly worse than last years. It baffles me.
          Raptors have become a team satisfied with losing. Players come here, develop, sign an extension, and then hope they get traded. We are the Wolves and Clippers of the 90's.

Comment

I thought our upgrades were better. We upgraded with Lowry, JV, LF and Ross. They had Wallace for 1/4 of the season, so I wouldn't count him as a upgrade. I thought Lopez would be a step slow after being out for so long injured. So that left one big upgrade of Joe Johnson and I thought all our little upgrades would equal their one all star. So yeah, that was my line of thinking, I was wrong, and nope didn't mistype.

Comment

Landry as an upgrade is still debatable he played well in preseason and then the injury showed up so that remains to be seen if he is an upgrade.

Comment

Working...
              X