No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors Sign Pietrus; Waive McGuire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would really like to see this happen. Good outside shooter, plays very solid defense, and is a veteran. Also, was known as a good locker room guy from playing in Boston.

Waiving DM would seriously be an option, McGuire just doesn't have the skill-set to be a consistent minute logger. Pietrus is for sure an upgrade over Anderson and DM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Pietrus is far better than anyone we currently have at the 3. Watched him play in Boston after Toronto squashed deal with Phoenix over injury concerns. He played very ..good defensively and shoots the the 3. Sign him if you can!!!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        The dam is bursting and Colangelo goes for the roll of electrical tape........
        Exactly. A Pietrus signing would solve absolutely nothing.

Comment

I don't see why not. He's not that great I know. He won't add much either but he'll shake up the personalities in the locker room. Besides What has Kleiza and McGuire provided for us? Do we really think Pietrus will be that much worse?

Comment

KaioKev wrote: View Post
            I don't see why not. He's not that great I know. He won't add much either but he'll shake up the personalities in the locker room. Besides What has Kleiza and McGuire provided for us? Do we really think Pietrus will be that much worse?
            You're right. There's no harm in adding Pietrus.

I'm just annoyed that such a minor move is what Colangelo is pondering, instead of doing what's actually needed.

Comment

Last season
              PER: 8.58
              3 point %: 33%
              FG: 38%
              FT: 65%

I support this signing because it'll make BC look like a huge moron since we'll continue losing with Pietrus.

Comment

so according to ESPN, we are close to signing him. Wow! No words!

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  I
                  Waiving DM would seriously be an option, McGuire just doesn't have the skill-set to be a consistent minute logger. Pietrus is for sure an upgrade over Anderson and DM.
                  Wow, can't imagine being on a team and being the last player signed and all of the sudden, there are talks of signing a veteran player knowing you might be the one to be let go because you played like crap when given the chance to start this late in your career. Where do you go from there? OUCH!

Comment

BD12 wrote: View Post
                    Last season
                    PER: 8.58
                    3 point %: 33%
                    FG: 38%
                    FT: 65%

I support this signing because it'll make BC look like a huge moron since we'll continue losing with Pietrus.
                    Still better than Dom.... at least he will be able to provide something and even stretch the D a little Dom is a 0 option on offense unless he is right under the basket he has the same offensive game as Gray lol. Regardless of what happens with an inevitable trade we have to play the guys we look to trade and boost their value.

I don't think Bargnani will be traded though if he is props to Colangelo for swallowing his melon to do that.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Still better than Dom.... at least he will be able to provide something and even stretch the D a little Dom is a 0 option on offense unless he is right under the basket he has the same offensive game as Gray lol. Regardless of what happens with an inevitable trade we have to play the guys we look to trade and boost their value.

I don't think Bargnani will be traded though if he is props to Colangelo for swallowing his melon to do that.
                      Marginally better than Dom.

70% of Pietrus's shots last season were three pointers. In the playoffs, he shot 20% from 3PT. The last thing the Raptors need is another inefficient chucker that just stands outside the three point line.

McGuire is shooting 47% from the field. From what I've seen, he's nailed most of his open jumpshots. He shouldn't be creating his own shot. Really confused as to why Lowry/Calderon sometimes pass the ball to him when's he posting up.

Comment

Well its either Pietrues or "Terrence Williams" lol the free agent SF market is pretty small. Really too bad Colangelo couldn't land Ilyasova, Chandler or Wallace this off season.. Pietrus it is.

Well in Boston he played solidly more often than not and deeper in the playoffs like they were, he didnt get more than like 8 minutes to rest the Truth a little bit. The most I expect from him is playing good D and stretching the floor a bit more +knocking down somegood open looks what more can you ask for really?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          The dam is bursting and Colangelo goes for the roll of electrical tape........
                          What the heck would you want him to do? Trade for Rudy Gay? Smith? Lebron? You don't think he would like to have those players here too? Your comments suggest that you think he doesn't want to build the best team with the available talent.
                          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

On a somewhat related note. How the F&*% did Fisher not get picked up until now, and were the Raps ever in the conversation? I suppose its possible that Fisher told his agent not to pick up the phone if BC called. If BC didn't at least try to get this guy its a major failing.
                            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Why would we want Fischer? .... Yes hes a multi champion but hes not a great PG plus hes like 38 I believe, he belongs on a older team like Dallas he would not help the Raps at all. Would be worse than signing Gilbert Arenas lol

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Why would we want Fischer? .... Yes hes a multi champion but hes not a great PG plus hes like 38 I believe, he belongs on a older team like Dallas he would not help the Raps at all.
                                Veteran leadership and knocking down 3's. A man with his pedigree would (or should) be welcomed with open arms in TO. I would over pay for that. He may be 38, but he's got 3 good years left in him. This team has really lost its way once Anthony Carter left
                                Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Working...
                                X