OFFICIAL: Raptors Sign Pietrus; Waive McGuire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c_bcm wrote: View Post
    What the heck would you want him to do? Trade for Rudy Gay? Smith? Lebron? You don't think he would like to have those players here too? Your comments suggest that you think he doesn't want to build the best team with the available talent.
    I'm sure Colangelo has the heart to make this team better. He just doesn't have the brain to do so successfully.....

Comment

As much as I like Pietrus, replacing shit with garbage isn't going to do much. Although I don't believe there is an allstar out there BC can get, I think there are better moves for the team than this.

Comment

The sky is falling, and BC is raching for an umbrella. We have nothing to lose at this point, all focus should be on TRoss, Demar, JV, and Lowry. Lowry might be out of the picture soon, judging by his body language. He's not a loser, and thats what you need to be in TO

Comment

So much doom and gloom =/

Signing Pietrus isn't going to do anything for this team. A role player is a role player and we've got a ton of those. He's done quite poorly recently as well. Same goes with Fisher, not sure what's everyone's infatuation with him, he's terrible.

Comment

BD12 wrote: View Post
            Marginally better than Dom.

McGuire is shooting 47% from the field. From what I've seen, he's nailed most of his open jumpshots. He shouldn't be creating his own shot. Really confused as to why Lowry/Calderon sometimes pass the ball to him when's he posting up.
            this is where stats don't tell the whole story. mcguire is absolutely useless on offense.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              this is where stats don't tell the whole story. mcguire is absolutely useless on offense.
              "Stats dont mean a thing"- Charles Barkley

Comment

Am i the only one who rather see DeMar at the 3 and Ross playing SG till Fields return?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

RT @JeffZillgitt: RT @kevin_spain: #Raptors will sign Mickael Pietrus, from @sam_amick & @JeffZillgitt http://ow.ly/fHc4k

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

So, looks like Pietrus passed the physical. As noted yesterday, all signs still pointing to McGuire being waived to make room

Sorry, ceez.

Comment

This is a good thing, He doesnt have to do much just take some pressur off Demar and owry provide spacing and hit the occaisonal open bucket welcome aboard Pietrus.

Comment

He's not our saviour, but if there is gonna be a run for the 8th seed, the raps are better off with him rather than Mcguire

Comment

Raptors sign Pietrus

Pietrus has passed his physical, and the paperwork is complete. Raptors sign Pietrus and will likely waive McGuire. He could play as soon as tomorrow against Phoenix.

Comment

I'm indifferent about this signing. We don't get any better. We don't get any worse. It's more of a whatever signing. For everyone that knows me, I'm somewhat of a supporter of BC and what he does for our team, but it's so obvious that this is just a signing to make it look like BC is actually trying to do something about our poor performance.

Comment

I'm happy about this signing. Pietrus is a great locker guy, great caracter guy. He's also a pretty good shooter and defender, and I wanted him in a Raptors uniform since about 5 years. Plus he speaks french so it's gonna be nice to hear him talk to the TVA Sports reporters after the games!

Comment

Let's put it this way, if Pietrus doesn't pan out as better than McGuire, LK and Fields, it will just add fuel to the #FireBC that's been going on.

Pietrus has a good chance to be at least marginally better, especially in shooting. His defence will be lacking because he'll be out of game shape and it will take time to learn the new system. One thing he can bring to the Raptors, that the other 3's can't do consistently, is shooting the 3!

All is not lost in this dark 3-win season, thus far.

Comment

i'll take a Pietrus for McGuire flip anyday of the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X