Mickael Pietrus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I wonder how long this "honeymoon" lasts?
    Over/Under 2 weeks. The hate awaits.

Comment

You read my mind.

Comment

He had a poor game offensively, and yet he seemed to bring a level of composure to the team that has been sorely lacking. Hopefully it continues. Pietrus has always been one of my favourite players.

Comment

He looked good by not making as many mistakes as the other sf's do. His experience should prove valuable.

Comment

Lets not get carried away by his 1 st game. That being said though, the fact that he is calm and composed(things people attribute to experience) could mean that it's because he hasn't been on the Raptors team. It'll be interesting to see how he behaves after maybe 10 games.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

By waiving McGuire, Toronto lost his only pure SF in the roster. Pietrus, Field, Anderson, DeRozan and Ross are all SG. They can give you some minutes at the SF but none of them are the answer.

Kleiza has the body and the skills to be a SF, but he's been used also as a PF.

Comment

When's our next game?

Comment

+1 They'll be a Pietrus witch hunt before the end of this season. Book it!

Comment

I think Pietrus can be a regular in the rotation and should start until Fields comes back. It was nice to have a capable 3 point shooter on the floor and also to have a solid defender. He isn't the athlete he once was but he still have great hands and he's a very good team defender. 4 man rotation at the wing of Demar, Ross, Pietrus and Fields is fine until we can get a real long term SF.

Comment

Pietrus sucks, that's why nobody signed him. Give him a few games.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                        Doesn't have to be amazing just has to stretch the opposing teams defense with them having to respect the fact that Pietrus left open could drain a 3 in their face. Dominic never did that at all nobody guarded him at all actually.

Comment

I"m not sure why everyone isn't more excited about this. Peitrus, even old Pietrus, is way better than some of the D leaguers we've been putting out there. If nothing else he is a guy who is used to winning and who can shoot threes. We don't need much from him, we just need a guy who can be a threat from the corner to open up some space and who can play average D. Pietrus brings that and may even be a good veteran voice in our very inexperienced locker room: he did go to the conference finals last year with the Celtics and played in the finals with the Magic. That's a good resume on a team with a bunch of guys who have made the playoffs. Great signing in my opinion, hopefully this will mean the end of Kleiza seeing heavy minutes too.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Raúl wrote: View Post
                            By waiving McGuire, Toronto lost his only pure SF in the roster. Pietrus, Field, Anderson, DeRozan and Ross are all SG. They can give you some minutes at the SF but none of them are the answer.

Kleiza has the body and the skills to be a SF, but he's been used also as a PF.
                            Thats not true. Look at Iggy, he's 6'6" and he plays SF. Double A can play both positions, Pietrus has played the 3 for many teams and it hasn't been a problem for him, Fields can play both positions as well(better suited as a SF tho), and Derozan and ross are mostly SG's that can play some SF occasionally.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                              He doesn't suck. He's a Vet that can knock down 3's and defend. He's made some huge shots in the playoffs in the past. Just cause no one signs a certain player doesn't mean he "sucks". It just doesn't work like that

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                I agree, I still feel if Landry comes back to his regular shooting form, plays AT LEAST like he did in pre-season, we'll get some really good minutes out of him. I still expect him to be the starter.
                                Real competition for minutes at that spot will be positive. Perhaps ross and Landry can get some minutes at 2 also. kyle and Jose playing pg and sg does not work over extended minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X