No announcement yet.

Mickael Pietrus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've warmed up a little to the idea of pietrus, tho i still think BC should have made a trade rather than scour the bargain bin. i do like pietrus' attitude towards playing here and you can't really argue that he isn't better than any of our other SF's tho there's a joke in there that i won't bother touching.

i think the thing i like about the signing the most is the locker room presence he brings and what having him there will do for Ross. pietrus is your typical "3 and D" player much like what they have envisioned for ross. i think ross has more potential offensively than just a guy wandering the 3 point line, but i digress. Ross can learn a lot from Pietrus and i hope air france takes him under his wing a little.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Pietrus is the smartest idiot at the small forward position. Was there really a point to this move, or is it necessary for Colangelo to appear active in his contract year?
      Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        He doesn't suck. He's a Vet that can knock down 3's and defend. He's made some huge shots in the playoffs in the past. Just cause no one signs a certain player doesn't mean he "sucks". It just doesn't work like that
        Agreed. Barbosa took awhile to get signed, and still has so much left in his game.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Signing Barbosa would destroy Ross's minutes.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            Signing Barbosa would destroy Ross's minutes.
            no one said to sign barbosa...

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              Lets not get carried away by his 1 st game. That being said though, the fact that he is calm and composed(things people attribute to experience) could mean that it's because he hasn't been on the Raptors team. It'll be interesting to see how he behaves after maybe 10 games.
              Good point.

Comment

Mind you, that I wasn't praising him. It's just it seemed like his presence had this team playing at a calmer pace. I had sensed the raptors were going to win the game from the last couple minutes of the fourth.

I think, he is a keeper for he is a respectable 3-point threat, a solid defender, and a veteran - a useful one at that, compared to Magloire, Carter, Butler - bringing things to this team it most obviously lacks.

Also, I do agree with Raul and his comment on, by waiving McGuire, he was our only 'pure' small forward. Now, obviously if injuries weren't the case, Anderson, Fields, Kleiza all capable playing at that position, but they aren't guys who started out playing at that position, or are ONLY capable of playing there. Casey has mentioned over time though that these players are just playing position, the guard, the wings, and the bigs. Only one wing has been producing so far this season.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                X