Raptors to pacers
    Andrea bargnani
    Terrence Ross
    Ed Davis
    Toronto receives
    Paul George
    David West
    Why Toronto?
    Raptors get there small forward of the future in the Ariza-esque Paul George. We get a starting calibre power forward in return for bargnani

Why Indiana?
    Ive been reading some pacers forums and Right now pacers fans are calling for Paul George's head like raptors are calling for bargnani. They get a young rookie with a lot of upside, a younger version of west in Davis and bargnani to add extend the floor.

Toronto-Washington
    Raptors trade
    Jose Calderon
    Raptors receives
    Emeka Okafor

Raptors take on Okafors contract and gain a low post presence, and mentor for Valanciunas. He'd likely come off the bench.

Washington gains a pass first point guard. With wall out wizards are desperately in need of a point guard so Jose fills that hole. And when wall comes back, Washington could still use Jose off the bench.

Lowry/Lucas
    DeRozan/Pietrus
    George/fields/Kleiza
    West/Johnson
    Valanciunas/Okafor.
    I'm not so sure the pacers one could happen but I definitely think the Jose for Okafor could.

I like Indiana trade. Raps also gain about $13M in cap space. I do not think Indiana does it though.

Only way I take on the Washington trade is if there is an unprotected first round pick or very lax protection on the pick (like top 3 this year, top 2 next, top 1 in '15, unprotected '16). Okafor is a shell of his former self.

Oh, I see now. This is not either or but both together. I would prefer one or the other. Indiana trade makes the Raptors free agent players this summer. Washington trade waives the white flag on the season and, if a pick was included, shows Raps attempting to step back from the acceleration on the build. I like Indiana trade. Use cap space to sign Paul Millsap in the summer.

Lowry
    DeRozan
    George
    Millsap
    JV

I like that starting 5.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I like Indiana trade. Raps also gain about $13M in cap space. I do not think Indiana does it though.

Only way I take on the Washington trade is if there is an unprotected first round pick or very lax protection on the pick (like top 3 this year, top 2 next, top 1 in '15, unprotected '16). Okafor is a shell of his former self.

Oh, I see now. This is not either or but both together. I would prefer one or the other. Indiana trade makes the Raptors free agent players this summer. Washington trade waives the white flag on the season and, if a pick was included, shows Raps attempting to step back from the acceleration on the build. I like Indiana trade. Use cap space to sign Paul Millsap in the summer.

Lowry
      DeRozan
      George
      Millsap
      JV

I like that starting 5.
      Agree. The Washington trade is OK too if a pick is included. It cripples us a little financially but makes us strong immediately. Probably a play-off contender.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Indiana will not give up George. Indiana is doing poorly on offense. How about the following:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bpgxm4f

Toronto gives up Jose, Bargnani and Kleiza.
        Indiana gives up West and Granger.

Seems a bit like a fleecing, but Indiana does not need Granger, with George playing like an all-star. West is an expiring and may not resign - so they get instant offense (which they desperately need) with Bargnani who would play well next to Hibbert.

They also get a good PG to backup/help Collison. Toronto gets an expiring contract in West who would be a big upgrade to Bargnani even if he doesn't come back. Granger is our SF that we've been looking for (although I'm not a huge fan he's a big time upgrade over any guy we've ever had).

Kleiza is not needed for the trade to go through, but he's an extra asset to help convince Indiana to do the trade.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Indiana will not give up George. Indiana is doing poorly on offense. How about the following:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bpgxm4f

Toronto gives up Jose, Bargnani and Kleiza.
          Indiana gives up West and Granger.

Seems a bit like a fleecing, but Indiana does not need Granger, with George playing like an all-star. West is an expiring and may not resign - so they get instant offense (which they desperately need) with Bargnani who would play well next to Hibbert.

They also get a good PG to backup/help Collison. Toronto gets an expiring contract in West who would be a big upgrade to Bargnani even if he doesn't come back. Granger is our SF that we've been looking for (although I'm not a huge fan he's a big time upgrade over any guy we've ever had).

Kleiza is not needed for the trade to go through, but he's an extra asset to help convince Indiana to do the trade.
          I don't see why Indiana would do this... What do you mean they don't need Granger? They are horrible offensively without Granger even with Paul George. They are second last on offensive PPG, and third last in FG%. Bargnani isn't going to give them better instant offense. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that David West was better than Bargnani. David West is playing a hell of a lot better than Bargnani and we, as Raptors fans, know how inconsistent Bargnani offensively and defensively. I'm pretty sure Indiana prefers David West than Bargnani. The only good thing for the Pacers is getting Calderon as a backup PG.

Comment

Wait, why do Indiana fans NOT like Paul George? (WOW, he was born on the exact same day + year as my older brother...) He is 22, and he will be really good..
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
            X