More Ed Davis and Terrence Ross!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Ed Davis and Terrence Ross!!

As soon as Ed came in the game tonight in the 2nd half, the team just got a lot more gritty and the team starts playing defence. He also gives them that shot blocking presence inside. Also, 9 rebounds in 17 freakin minutes.

As for Ross, in my opinion he's already the Raps BEST perimeter defender. Add in he's ability to shoot 3's and wide open jump shots. This guy should be getting starters minutes.

The more i see Ross play the more i'm starting to feel better about losing that coin toss with Golden State.
    Mamba Mentality

I don't know if I'd go that far as to say he's better than Harrison Barnes, but from what I've seen so far with the potential, court IQ, and athleticism; he sure has a high ceiling and could be a really good player. Call me crazy, but he reminds me a little of Micheal Jordan. More so aesthetically.

Easily my 2nd favourite player on this team.

Comment

more cowbell

Comment

Ross is stealing my favor, game per game!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Flight 31! by the way who else liked the Lowry Ross DeRozan Bargnani Ed/JVal line up tonight? really clicked. When chemistry and confidence builds with our guys look out!

Comment

The team seems to work well with Ross and Demar on the court together. I think it's time to let them start together.
            Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
            Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
            Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

alexaussie wrote: View Post
              The team seems to work well with Ross and Demar on the court together. I think it's time to let them start together.
              Ross' shooting would really complement Derozans penetration plus hes the best perimeter defender so its a win win situation

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                Ross' shooting would really complement Derozans penetration plus hes the best perimeter defender so its a win win situation
                While Ross is a decent defender, he would get completely abused by strong 2 guards and small forwards, so we would still have to try and put DeMar on the bigger strong wing players from the other teams....not a good thing.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Well this off season you know whats on the schedule for Ross. I'm really loving his game its high wuality stuff for a rookie, we actually have a steal in Terrence Ross so far he and Barnes are looking like the cream of the crop.

The other rookies aren't fairing as well even with 20+ minutes.

Comment

I don't know about "more" of them. NOt sure either is ready to start (obviously not for Ross), and they're both playing quite well in their bench roles. I think maybe Ed deserves a few more minutes, as he's been very reliable this year, which was usually the knock on him (that he'd take nights off). Ross will get them if he deserves them, especially right now with our injuries.

Still though, while I liked Ross going into the draft (thought he'd be the perfect target if we traded down a few spots), I can't deny that Barnes' size and physical talent would be sweet to have at that SF position. It's obvious once again that Demar really isn't a SF. We talk about his size, but he just doesn't have the body for it. This isn't a bad thing. I mean, he's about the same height as Kobe, and Kobe has pretty much never played SF except in very small spurts. Ross is also way too skinny to play SF for long stretches, though he looks to have better defensive potential there than Demar. But still, pretty damn happy with Ross. His game looks really sound. His offense seems pretty effortless, and his D is very fundamentally sound for a rookie.

Comment

I really liked the look of the Bargnani, Davis, DeRozan, Ross and Lowry lineup that was on the court for the second half of the 4th quarter. Lots of energy, lots of hustle, 4 outside shooters, lots of cutting and the speed/hustle defensively for great perimeter rotations. Even Bargnani seemed to be more energized... I saw him running the court on a break after a turnover and I even saw him cut off 2 penetrations to force the guy to pass it back out! If either of Bargnani's open 3's had fallen in the last 3 minutes, that game would have ended differently.

The arrival of Valanciunas and the development of Davis this season really make Amir expendable.

I do worry a little bit about DeRozan & Ross playing the wings together for any extended period of time, when facing bigger wings, because neither is big/strong enough right now. Other than size and the fact that Ross will still make some rookie mistakes, they do seem to have a nice dynamic out there together, especially offensively.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Well this off season you know whats on the schedule for Ross. I'm really loving his game its high wuality stuff for a rookie, we actually have a steal in Terrence Ross so far he and Barnes are looking like the cream of the crop.

The other rookies aren't fairing as well even with 20+ minutes.
                        LOL do you live under a rock.......DO you know who Damian Lillard is?! or Anthony Davis who have been abouslutely tearing it up .. I thought even the most average fan would notice this ....0.o

Comment

Jkwasia wrote: View Post
                          LOL do you live under a rock.......DO you know who Damian Lillard is?! or Anthony Davis who have been abouslutely tearing it up .. I thought even the most average fan would notice this ....0.o
                          Anyhony Davis has been hurt and Lilard though playing pretty good getting 30+ minutes a game is inconsistent have you been watching the games? but i'll let that slide cause everyone has off nights Lilard is the #1 Rook right now.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                            While Ross is a decent defender, he would get completely abused by strong 2 guards and small forwards, so we would still have to try and put DeMar on the bigger strong wing players from the other teams....not a good thing.
                            Did you see Ross on Iggy!?!?! Incredible! really just fantastic. If lowry trusted Ross and the bigs to contain him, that pass off to the perimeter (for Ty's 3) would not have been open. But Ross did EVERYTHING right on that play.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              As soon as Ed came in the game tonight in the 2nd half, the team just got a lot more gritty and the team starts playing defence. He also gives them that shot blocking presence inside. Also, 9 rebounds in 17 freakin minutes.

As for Ross, in my opinion he's already the Raps BEST perimeter defender. Add in he's ability to shoot 3's and wide open jump shots. This guy should be getting starters minutes.

The more i see Ross play the more i'm starting to feel better about losing that coin toss with Golden State.
                              I swear that he has the sweetest jump shot in the NBA. He is so Silky smooth when he shoots it's amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X