Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoopshype says we are in the lead for Pau Gasol

I like it.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

There are pros and cons but at the end of the day AB needs to be moved.

Comment

Real gm reported the same thing but said that BC has shown no willingness to give up AB. He needs to swallow his pride admit he's not the drafting god and trade one of his picks for once.

Comment

we keep him for two years...by then Ed Davis will be primed to start
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

plus it gives us a 20 million dollar trade chip next year

Comment

I am really not a fan of Pau, but it would be good for JV, and with his expiring contract in a few years, and I think good for the future.

Bargnani, just such a disappointment.

Comment

RealGM: Rival Execs: Raptors Most Likely To Acquire Pau Gasol If Lakers Make Trade

So I came across this on realgm, got really happy. Then I read the last line of the article and almost broke my TV

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ers_Make_Trade

Comment

i like gasol but why would the lakers even want bargs?
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

If this is true and we do trade Bargnani and Calderon for Gasol, it probably won't happen for another 3-5 weeks.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...nt_Trade_Gasol

Nash was promised that Lakers won't trade Gasol so they have to try to convince Nash to reconsider when he comes but that would be a long time. Nash won't be back until two weeks if not next week. If the Lakers did promise Nash that they won't trade Gasol, it will take 2-3 weeks or so for them to change is mind. So don't expect to see any trade go down for another 5 weeks or so...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                    If this is true and we do trade Bargnani and Calderon for Gasol, it probably won't happen for another 3-5 weeks.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...nt_Trade_Gasol

Nash was promised that Lakers won't trade Gasol so they have to try to convince Nash to reconsider when he comes but that would be a long time. Nash won't be back until two weeks if not next week. If the Lakers did promise Nash that they won't trade Gasol, it will take 2-3 weeks or so for them to change is mind. So don't expect to see any trade go down for another 5 weeks or so...
                    Lol if we get gasol I bet Nash will wish he chose the raptors instead. But seriously BC needs to put on HIS big boy pants and do this trade.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                      i like gasol but why would the lakers even want bargs?
                      He fits more with the D'Antoni system. The Mike D'Antoni hates post up player and Gasol is probably one of the best post-up PF in the NBA right now. Bargnani loves to shoot long-range 3s and 2s rather than post-up which is what D'Antoni wants and fits his seven seconds or less offensive system. Gasol has shown that he is uncomfortable and unwilling to conform to the new offensive system, so the Lakers feels like he should go. Not only are the Lakers doing this for Bargnani but they are doing this for Calderon. The Lakers are in desperate need of a PG right now especially since Kobe can't be playing the main distributor on the team for long. Nash might be coming back but you never know how injuries will affect his performance, so having Calderon will help distribute the ball. Also, the Lakers bench is horrible. Calderon will help give some spark off the bench. We can shoot the ball and help set up their bench players for easy shots. The only downside to having Calderon as a back up is the lack of defense in the PG position. Both Nash and Calderon are notorious for their bad defense, so that hurts them especially in the Western Conference playoffs against athletic and explosive point guards like Parker, Westbrook, Conley, Paul, and Lawson.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                        Lol if we get gasol I bet Nash will wish he chose the raptors instead. But seriously BC needs to put on HIS big boy pants and do this trade.
                        It's okay. If we keep losing and attendance goes down a bit (since we suck atm), I'm pretty sure the pressure will have BC starting to poop his big boy pants and do the trade. I hope...

Comment

Whatever. I'll wait for a better report to come out before I jump to any conclusions. But, fwiw, I hate the idea.
                          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

I'm wondering if there's any credence to "tendinitis". Sounds like Lakers are preventing further injuries, etc.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                            X