No announcement yet.

Hoopshype says we are in the lead for Pau Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if AB isn't involved, i don't care to do this trade because anyone else we trade would probably delay our future progress.

Comment

Either way, this game (specifically the third quarter and the first half of the fourth) is further proof that the raps can play good with Davis playing Bargnanis spot

Comment

nayan742 wrote: View Post
        Either way, this game (specifically the third quarter and the first half of the fourth) is further proof that the raps can play good with Davis playing Bargnanis spot
        this game was lost the minute Bargs checked back in late in the 4th! Demar better stop the arm flinging & bitching too its not helping any! drastic changes need to take place in order to move forward.. its obvious Primo Pasta has worn out his welcome!!! MOVE HIM ALREADY!!!!

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          If this is true and we do trade Bargnani and Calderon for Gasol, it probably won't happen for another 3-5 weeks.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...nt_Trade_Gasol

Nash was promised that Lakers won't trade Gasol so they have to try to convince Nash to reconsider when he comes but that would be a long time. Nash won't be back until two weeks if not next week. If the Lakers did promise Nash that they won't trade Gasol, it will take 2-3 weeks or so for them to change is mind. So don't expect to see any trade go down for another 5 weeks or so...

kobe gets what kobe wants. if kobe thinks he doesn't want to be bffs with pau no more then nash can remember he is already signed for 3 years. is he going to demand a trade away from his kids?

Comment

This is such a random trade though. As much as it would be an upgrade, Gasol is not what we need. It's too late to make the playoffs this year. And we better be getting a ball handler back, because by the looks of things John Lucas III is not equipped to ride shotgun this year.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              This is such a random trade though. As much as it would be an upgrade, Gasol is not what we need. It's too late to make the playoffs this year. And we better be getting a ball handler back, because by the looks of things John Lucas III is not equipped to ride shotgun this year.
              i think pau would be exactly what we need this year. that and getting rid of amir. i would send amir out for anything another team would give for him, addition by subtraction. pau is a winner and a perrenial all star, a real banger down low. great in practice for ed/bigV and great for everyone in the locker room. guy has been in playoff game 7s and come out a winner. if that kind of player doesn't demand respect in the locker room then our kids can't be taught.

a bargs for pau trade is best for both players. bargs can go somewhere where he will excel and pau will be put back on the low block where he excels at. the rest of this year might be salvaged and definitly next year, even if we lose our pick, we will be better and finally the next year he is 20 million trade chip or right off the payroll.

Comment

I would like to get younger not older... I wish we could get a good big prospect instead

not crazy about this trade it should include at least 2 1st round picks since LA's pick is usually 20+

Comment

LA can't give us any first-rounders for a long time. Believe they've got 2013 and 2015 to Suns, 2017 to Magic, though there's some conditions in there. We'd probably be waiting until 2020 to get one first-rounder back.

Comment

I dont think you can expect much back for AB. He is terrible. Addition by subtraction is exactly what it will be. I dont even see why the Lakers would want this guy. There is 7 years of empirical evidence that anyone with an internet connection can look at to see why you wouldn't want him.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                      I dont think you can expect much back for AB. He is terrible. Addition by subtraction is exactly what it will be. I dont even see why the Lakers would want this guy. There is 7 years of empirical evidence that anyone with an internet connection can look at to see why you wouldn't want him.
                      this I disagree with fully. Kobe at the 2 and Howard at the 5 and bargs puts up 15 to 20 a night doing what he does best. if you watch the Lakers this year, not an insulting if you just a general if you, you will see Pau gets a lot of open looks where he is just a spot up shooter. now put bargs there and he doesn't even need to worry about a pump fake or one dribble jumper. it is simply stand here bargs, catch and shoot. 7 years of evidence shows he is fantastic at one thing. in la he literally only has one thing to do. perfect scenario for him.

it would even vindicate the pick for bc, after the fact. 5 years down the road he isn't the enigmatic bargs we know. he is the multiple champion jumpshot 7 footer bc always thought he could be.

#freebargs

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        this I disagree with fully. Kobe at the 2 and Howard at the 5 and bargs puts up 15 to 20 a night doing what he does best. if you watch the Lakers this year, not an insulting if you just a general if you, you will see Pau gets a lot of open looks where he is just a spot up shooter. now put bargs there and he doesn't even need to worry about a pump fake or one dribble jumper. it is simply stand here bargs, catch and shoot. 7 years of evidence shows he is fantastic at one thing. in la he literally only has one thing to do. perfect scenario for him.

it would even vindicate the pick for bc, after the fact. 5 years down the road he isn't the enigmatic bargs we know. he is the multiple champion jumpshot 7 footer bc always thought he could be.

#freebargs
                        Yeah, and when they give up 40 points a quarter none of what you wrote about his offense will matter.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, and when they give up 40 points a quarter none of what you wrote about his offense will matter.
                          3 former all nba defense players on the lakers starting 5

Comment

If I may add ... Lakers haven't had a pg even remotely solid on defence in the past maybe 10 years, due to age since Lakers have comprised of veterans.

Calderon's defence won't be a hindrance in their pursuit for more players that fit D'antoni's system.

Comment

I just got the little light bulb in my head. this is pure fantasy and I am looking into bcs' mind. maybe he is hoping the Lakers want to improve their bench more with a Calderon amir and klieza trade for pau. haha. that would be awesome. maybe do some d'antoni convincing klieza can start at their four. he has the long 2 range they need. amir gets them a bit younger and Jose fills up their pg spot. oh if only. then their is No reason bargs can't be the 6th man. my only worry is they would move bigv to the bench and start pau while feeding us that this is what he needs.

this is of course not ever going to happen. just speculating on what bc might be thinking in not including bargs

Comment

Calderon + Bargnani + 2nd round picks for Pau Gasol + 1st rounder? Possibly?

I really like this trade, Pau Gasol is a respected winner around the league, and is one of the best offensive post players in the league. No doubt, he has great length, and experience that can help our big guys Ed & JV. Not to mention he will become our 1st or 2nd option, which is not all too bad with a guy of his calibre.

Cons of this trade though is the tendinitis, and the age at the early 30's, plus his contract being so large. But, isn't Pau an expiring contract next season?

Anyways, at this point, anything for Bargnani is a +1 for me. Losing Calderon though gets me a little down, if we could, I would love to include a third team to ship Amir of a returning PG.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X