No announcement yet.

Hoopshype says we are in the lead for Pau Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pau is a good fit here. He bring a post presence and veteran leadership. Valanciunas will be on his road to be an elite C with pau gasol giving him pointers and showing him some post moves.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Pau is a good fit here. He bring a post presence and veteran leadership. Valanciunas will be on his road to be an elite C with pau gasol giving him pointers and showing him some post moves.
      agreed.. i remember seeing video of JV during training camp chatting with A.Mck about how hed like to play like Pau & A.Mck saying how he had Pau early in his career with memphis.. If Pau can teach our current bigs some of those post moves just think how scary a E.Davis & JV frontcourt could be in the near future. although im all for this move if Pau's knees are truelly a problem then find another trade partner for Bargs & Jose
      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I dont trust either.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          agreed.. i remember seeing video of JV during training camp chatting with A.Mck about how hed like to play like Pau & A.Mck saying how he had Pau early in his career with memphis.. If Pau can teach our current bigs some of those post moves just think how scary a E.Davis & JV frontcourt could be in the near future. although im all for this move if Pau's knees are truelly a problem then find another trade partner for Bargs & Jose
          "You taught Pau Gasol?" (face lit up)
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Pau Gasol is averaging
            12.6PPG 8.8RPG 3.4ASG +17.2EFF

Even with bad knees these stats would help us right now! Obviously these stats would go up. If his knees are fine this trade is such a no brainer it hurts!
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I like his assists. Big-Big play! Bargnani has been the reason we never see our posts make plays together.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

At this point, I really do believe the Raptors' organization could care less on how Bargnani does in LA. They've traded him, and he's gone.

Please make this trade. Gasol brings quite a bit to the table.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

This trade is like life saving vest for BC. If he won't grab into it, then Colangelo will set his destiny to one very clear scenario.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

This. +1

Comment

• This. +1

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        I like it.
                        I think I want to vomit - gasol is older slower injured'er SIGN OF THE TIMES
                        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Will Lakers swap Gasol for Bargnani & Calderon?

Gasol has been thrown out there for weeks, most notably in a potential deal to Toronto for Bargnani and Calderon, each of whom fills definite holes in the L.A. roster -- a stretch four and a legit point who could spell or replace Steve Nash. But despite a lot of smoke, there doesn't appear to be any fire, at least at the moment.

The Lakers, according to league sources, remain adamant that they want to see Gasol and Nash together and healthy before making any final judgments on whether to move Gasol and the $37.2 million left on his contract extension. They believe that Gasol, while not being a classic stretch four, can work in D'Antoni's system. For their part, D'Antoni and his players think the same thing (see above).

According to the invaluable Mark Deeks at Sham Sports, Gasol also has a 15 percent trade kicker on his deal, meaning a team would have to cough up an extra $5.74 million on top of the $38.285 million left on his contract -- as well as a pro-rated 15 percent of the remainder of Gasol's $18.7 million this season -- if it wants the 32-year-old. (That $5.74 million would be split in each of the remaining two years of Gasol's contract, or $2.37 million per year that would be added to the team salary of whoever acquired him.)

The Raptors, sources say, are leery of taking a flier on yet another international player, despite Gasol's obvious and longstanding talents. GM Bryan Colangelo has gone this route before, remember -- signing Jorge Garbajosa, drafting Bargnani, signing Hedo Turkoglu -- and even though Gasol would fit in with just about any team, including, most assuredly, the 7-19 Raptors, Toronto isn't ready to pull the trigger.

Besides, Bargnani's torn elbow is expected to keep him out another month, making a deal for him unlikely until he returns. The same goes for Calderon; with starter Kyle Lowry (torn triceps) out for a while, the Raptors have to keep Calderon, in the final year of his contract, around. (He also has a trade kicker, 10 percent.)

But if a Lakers deal for Bargnani isn't in the cards, league sources are convinced the Raptors will eventually move him somewhere. "Bryan is going to move him, no doubt," a rival GM said Sunday evening.

Colangelo said Sunday that he was not under the gun to win this season from the team's new owners, even though the Raptors got Lowry from Houston this summer -- after an unsuccessful courtship of Steve Nash -- precisely because they wanted to jump-start their team's performance this season, feeling a legit point guard would help the likes of DeMar DeRozan and rookie center Jonas Valanciunas.

"We're not going to bow to pressure," Colangelo said. "That pressure is obviously something that's important to all of us, because we play a game that's based on pressure. Hopefully we respond to the pressure. We're not going to make any quick, rash moves."

(If Calderon is dealt, my guess is it won't be for Gasol, or for any player, but to a team that can send Toronto a pick back and create a huge $15.6 million trade exception for the Raptors.)

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature....html#dribbles
                          I was surprised by the international bit by Aldridge. Where a player is from is irrelevant in my opinion. And he is wrong on the trade kicker. Gasol is already max - can't get anymore than max. With all that said, I don't want the Raps to take on Gasol but it has nothing to do with where he is from.

Comment

• Are people still talking about this rumoured trade? Bryan has to do something to save his job, but trading for Gasol would be idiotic.. unless he plans to rebuild in another 2 years when Gasol's contract is off the books.

Bryan needs to stop getting high priced vets (*cough* JO *cough) and rebuild properly. I have no problem with vets, but a vet that will pout for being on a bad team and has tendinitis is not a good idea. Bryan would be better off letting Jose go in free agency and then amnestying Bargnani. Flipping Gasol as an expiring contract is easier said then done (most teams won't have the cap space to take on Gasol's whopping salary even in his final year, and if they did, they would unload crappy players with long term deals in the process).

Bryan needs to work hard to get a 3rd team (or possibly 4th team) involved or try and make a deal with a different team. It would be sweet to see the Lakers fail with Gasol and then have Howard go somewhere else in free agency. I hate the Lakers.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Are people still talking about this rumoured trade? Bryan has to do something to save his job, but trading for Gasol would be idiotic.. unless he plans to rebuild in another 2 years when Gasol's contract is off the books.

Bryan needs to stop getting high priced vets (*cough* JO *cough) and rebuild properly. I have no problem with vets, but a vet that will pout for being on a bad team and has tendinitis is not a good idea. Bryan would be better off letting Jose go in free agency and then amnestying Bargnani. Flipping Gasol as an expiring contract is easier said then done (most teams won't have the cap space to take on Gasol's whopping salary even in his final year, and if they did, they would unload crappy players with long term deals in the process).

Bryan needs to work hard to get a 3rd team (or possibly 4th team) involved or try and make a deal with a different team. It would be sweet to see the Lakers fail with Gasol and then have Howard go somewhere else in free agency. I hate the Lakers.
                              Agreed.

Barbosa yielded little. Peja nothing.

Calderon will be interesting to see what happens.

The only question I have is does the new luxury tax and CBA add any value to Gasol's deal next summer when the stiffer penalties will be due?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Agreed.

Barbosa yielded little. Peja nothing.

Calderon will be interesting to see what happens.

The only question I have is does the new luxury tax and CBA add any value to Gasol's deal next summer when the stiffer penalties will be due?
                                Actually I just thought of something.. The 2014 free agency class looks superb (Lebron, Wade, Anthony, Gay, Deng, Granger, Kobe, Iggy, Ellis, Parker, Lowry, Dirk, Bosh, Amare, ZBo could all be free agents).

A team may want to take Pau to become players in free agency. That is the same year Wiggins will be available.. Hmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X