3 Way Trade Involving Gasol that Makes Sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Way Trade Involving Gasol that Makes Sense

Here it is on trade machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cuvh7fd

Raptors give up: Bargnani, Calderon, Amir, Kleiza
    Raptors get: Boozer, Deng (and I would throw in a 1st rounder from LA)

To me, I'm indifferent between Gasol and Boozer, but the real appeal to this for me is getting Deng. He's the same age as Bargnani and addresses our gaping hole at SF. Boozer can start for us until Davis fully takes the reins in a year or two. Salary-wise although we are taking on a lot, including Boozer's horrible salary, we get to dump Kleiza and Amir's salaries in the process. So salary-wise it's neutral in my opinion.

I think it works great for Toronto and LA but I'm not sure Chicago would go for it.

Thoughts?

gasol is way better than boozer. boozer is a don't want for me. i also think dengs' body will break soon. no one can play that much every year and keep going. t-mac broke down at 30 and deng could too.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      gasol is way better than boozer. boozer is a don't want for me. i also think dengs' body will break soon. no one can play that much every year and keep going. t-mac broke down at 30 and deng could too.
      Gasol > Boozer any day of the week for me. Especially because he would be better suited to our style of play, that of course IF we slow it down. In terms of running, both don't fit at all. Otherwise, Gasol is a longer, better defender, a much better post player, can stretch defenses, and brings more experience to the table.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        +1 on the Gasol > Booz tip. Hell, I'm not sure how much better Booz is than Bargs, and that's sayin something!

Dengs body has been breaking down. In 8 years he's played 82 twice and 78 once. Other than that? at least 12 games missed per year.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

nice try opti fan. this never gonna happen and its a fail. boozer and deng! why???????

Comment

I like it.

Lowry
            Derozan
            Deng
            Boozer
            Val

With:

JLIII
            Ross
            Peitrus
            Ed