Playoffs are statistically unlikely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHD wrote: View Post
    Kupchak is average. He's no Isiah, but he's not even close to the Popovich / Buford dynamic duo.

He has the most desired market in the league for players, he has ridiculous TV money coming in that allows him to laugh in the face of the CBA, and he's had Kobe Bryant for the past 15 years.

LA is the Manchester City basketball, most of the other teams are stuck trying to be Arsenal.
    In no way are the Lakers Man City. I remember when City was coming back to the Premiership and their best player was Shawn Goater (m/s?). The Lakers are Man U. If the Nets start winning titles, or even maybe the Mavs are closer to City -- a team that gave us grief and then was sold to a billionare who threw money at a title.

Not that that changes your argument dramatically-- just saying.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      In no way are the Lakers Man City. I remember when City was coming back to the Premiership and their best player was Shawn Goater (m/s?). The Lakers are Man U. If the Nets start winning titles, or even maybe the Mavs are closer to City -- a team that gave us grief and then was sold to a billionare who threw money at a title.

Not that that changes your argument dramatically-- just saying.
      Hmm, fair point. City doesn't have the history like the Lakers do. I was mainly going by the finances.

Comment

the public talk is just price pushing to me. l.a. has one tradeable asset and a bunch of holes to fill. I think the klieza Jose and bargs deal is a good one for them. I don't know what minny offered but it's probably built around Williams.

our deal shores up their bench well. they have No bench scoring and a chucker like klieza would do wonders for them.

Comment

Pau Gasol and JV would be the best front court in the east if Pau is healthy.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Pau Gasol and JV would be the best front court in the east if Pau is healthy.
            Jonas still has a ways to go before he's a legit "threat". By then, Gasol may not be around.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Jonas still has a ways to go before he's a legit "threat". By then, Gasol may not be around.
              Defensively though right off the bat they should be something special, if the move happens. I would love to see more extended looks at Ed and JV on the floor together more though.

Comment

Working...
              X