Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big V headed to the bench! Are you kidding me????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big V headed to the bench! Are you kidding me????

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/06...g-to-the-bench

So instead of moving Bargs to the bench in favor of Ed or Amir, they're gonna plop JV's ass on the bench.

I don't get it, man. This season just can't get any worse... or can it? Yea, I'm sure it can too.

And obviously this is not a knock on Amir, but maybe we should try the defensive approach first by pairing JV with Ed or Amir, instead of keeping #7's usless ass out there.

$^%&$##^&^$##!!!!

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it!

And if I do see it............................. well then what the fuck? Blame Bargnani?

Comment

Valanciunas has been abused lately, granted its been against tough matchups, but the game against the Jazz is going to be even tougher. I think its understandable and I still expect to see Valanciunas solid minutes.

Comment

Totally disagree and even if this does not come to pass I have to say that a LOT of Casey's decisions this season have been very questionable. Bad substitutions, removing in-form players at crucial times, over-reliance on Bargnani are some of them. It may or may not be possible but a coaching change will help IMO.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

JackfromNZ wrote: View Post
            Valanciunas has been abused lately, granted its been against tough matchups, but the game against the Jazz is going to be even tougher. I think its understandable and I still expect to see Valanciunas solid minutes.
            I am sure that him getting "abused" has a lot to do with the defensive play of his front court partner. I watched this kid battle 2 players for a rebound the entire time he was on the court against the kings while AB floated around and did nothing. If he was paired with ED we wouldn't be having this conversation. Dont get me wrong. He has allowed himself to get backed down right under the basket more often than not but from watching the games he has been fairly solid and is progressing nicely.

If this is true then Casey has got to go.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
              I am sure that him getting "abused" has a lot to do with the defensive play of his front court partner. I watched this kid battle 2 players for a rebound the entire time he was on the court against the kings while AB floated around and did nothing. If he was paired with ED we wouldn't be having this conversation. Dont get me wrong. He has allowed himself to get backed down right under the basket more often than not but from watching the games he has been fairly solid and is progressing nicely.

If this is true then Casey has got to go.
              Don't get me wrong I know he is hustling his ass off every play. But he is just not strong enough in the upper body to deal with these big body centers and I personally don't think you can blame that on Bargs even though we would all like to.

Comment

he seemed tired the past two nights out, let him take it easy, no pressure!

on the other hand, I also don't think you can bench someone who you are attempting to sell to the lakers..
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Alright, I understand he does not deserve starting spot yet, although putting blame on him, when hes literally the only guy who defends the paint... What do you expect, how many times he got dunked because Bargnani lost his player? I'm starting to hate Caseys system, because he is the one who puts Andrea near 3pt line and commands him to play Brickani. He's is not DIRK, come on, all basketball world knows that and they are still repeating same crap. Frustrating.
                  Last edited by RandomGuy; Fri Dec 7, 2012, 04:43 AM.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

With the way this season has been going, benching JV would likely add to losing... Without a good defensive anchor, able to establish himself and be a shot changer, teams are going to attack Bargnani, and Amir isn't the smartest player in the NBA...

Like, goodness gracious, is it that hard to have Andrea come off the bench, where he would most likely be more effective? He has to get it through his head (along with coaching staff), he is no longer the "best" player on this team. It's Kyle Lowry, or Demar Derozan... Debate-able question.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

With everything that Casey said on that article about JV's defence, i want to know what he thinks of Andrea's defence. A guy that's been in the league for 7 years now.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        With everything that Casey said on that article about JV's defence, i want to know what he thinks of Andrea's defence. A guy that's been in the league for 7 years now.
                        Let me answer. He thinks it is perfect.

Brainwash.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Im not really mad with the benching if he gets regular minutes. But I would be happier if Bargina would get benched until he can get his shit together

Comment

I think the combination of Bargnani and Valanciunas against physical big bodies does not bode well for the Raptors. Utah is another team that pounds the boards so essentially, one had to go. We all know that it will never be Bargnani.
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

JackfromNZ wrote: View Post
                              Don't get me wrong I know he is hustling his ass off every play. But he is just not strong enough in the upper body to deal with these big body centers and I personally don't think you can blame that on Bargs even though we would all like to.
                              He was pretty good against vs Hibbert Round 2, sure he needs to get stronger but I dont think he is some defensive liability like he is being made out to be.

I think this will be good for him. Pair him up with ED off the bench. Get him the hell away from AB and I can guarantee he does a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                              X