Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big V headed to the bench! Are you kidding me????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    I'm not upset about JV coming off the bench I'm more upset about the timing of it. Cries for Bargnani to come off the bench are foolish IMO as he is the best big on the team today. With that being said regarding the two points above.

I was surprised JV was the opening night starter and thought they would bring him along off the bench with Jose running pick n rolls.

Bargnani's playing time should be scaled back when he's not giving an honest effort aka a quick yank and seat on the bench. 3 minutes in and no effort have a seat big fella. Sending him to the bench to start the game isn't the message you want to send to him or the rest of the league (trade value). Making him accountable is through PT and making him earn it.

Also for what it's worth when I saw the title of the thread I was expecting to see Ed Davis getting the start but to my disappointment it's Amir. Amir has been the second biggest disappointing this year behind Dre. In my depth chart Amir is the fourth best big. Everyone is crying for Ed Davis to start over Dre but no one cares that Amir got gets the start over Ed...
    Do not give Bargnani less minutes. The less he plays, the less other teams get interested. Showcase.

Comment

Superchunk wrote: View Post
      It is so obvious to me that our best lineup includes Davis and Val. Am I wrong?
      youd be correct IMO! Ed & Amir if Val is struggling but in NO WAY should we be taking Jonas & not Bargs out the starting 5. this has to be a joke..

Comment

Can't we just start 6 players? lol. What we need in a centre playing the centre position. I don't know how we juggle our line ups and Gray never sees the floor. I am not overstating Grays talents but we need a centre on the floor at all times. I thought Gray started quite a bit last season, so why is he not seeing the light of day. Especially since we keep losing!

I love ED and want him to have more playing time. JV's hustle is about the only bright spot on this season. Sure he makes rookie errors, but he needs playing time.

The raps also need to stop the pseudo basket weave outside the three point line until there is only 9 seconds left on the shot clock. That drives me nuts.

Comment

Dudes. Who cares if he starts or not, as long as he gets minutes. He's been getting out muscled hard lately by starting 5's.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            By the way, Casey criticizing Val's help defense is laughable when he continues to throw Bargnani out there who still is entirely useless as a help defender after 7 years. So, Val has to: defend his own man, box out two guys (his and Bargs'), coordinate the defense, play the pick and roll to centre court cause out guards can't defend their way out of a wet paper bag, and play perfect help defense.

F*$^ this organization. I'm close to the edge with this team.
            This^

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              Dudes. Who cares if he starts or not, as long as he gets minutes. He's been getting out muscled hard lately by starting 5's.
              And Amir won't? That's been his biggest issue over the years. If the concern is you are outsized at the five, then start Aaron Gray.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                Do not give Bargnani less minutes. The less he plays, the less other teams get interested. Showcase.
                After 7 years, I don't think any GM can be tricked into thinking Bargnani is someone he isn't. IMO, his playing time is irrelevant to his trade value. Every knowledgeable basketball mind knows who Bargnani is. The next 10-20 games can't change that.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  And Amir won't? That's been his biggest issue over the years. If the concern is you are outsized at the five, then start Aaron Gray.
                  I actually think Amir is stronger than JV in this stage of their careers. Prob won't stay that way. Also, last year Bargs guarded the 5 a bunch and Amir would guard the 4 (like K-Love for example). It was match up related.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                    Young players or unproven players showcase works. The league knows what he is so accountability and making a statement to all player in uniform is more important.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      After 7 years, I don't think any GM can be tricked into thinking Bargnani is someone he isn't. IMO, his playing time is irrelevant to his trade value. Every knowledgeable basketball mind knows who Bargnani is. The next 10-20 games can't change that.
                      Actually, that is true. Hence, he is still a Raptor. hehehe

Comment

People up in arms over this move have lost their minds, most specifically ones who've been saying we need to see JV and ED working together. Guess what? This move does that!! AND it puts them both on the floor more with Jose, who will feed them the ball more. I can't think of a better scenario for their development in working together at both ends.

This move is no diss on JV, but is very likely a good move to make FOR HIM at this time. The last 2 games indicate he may be hitting a bit of a rookie wall while constantly playing against the opponent's #1 C, while he still has lots to work on. This relieves much of the pressure from him and allows for an easier route to adapting to the NBA schedule and lifestyle. It doesn't mean he'll play less minutes (maybe even more), nor does it mean he won't find his way back to the starting unit as the season wears on.

Some people need to chill from criticizing every single move, especially those that wanted ED and JV working together to start with. Sheeesh.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          I actually think Amir is stronger than JV in this stage of their careers. Prob won't stay that way. Also, last year Bargs guarded the 5 a bunch and Amir would guard the 4 (like K-Love for example). It was match up related.
                          We've seen the Amir/Bargs frontcourt for the last 2 years. It worked to the tune of two ~20-win teams. It's pointless.

Comment

val looks exhausted. bargnani play's better with amir it's true. optimistic me is excited to finally see a davis valanciunas front court for extended minutes (even if calderon will be at the point instead of lowry) b/c I'd like to believe that is our future.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                              People up in arms over this move have lost their minds, most specifically ones who've been saying we need to see JV and ED working together. Guess what? This move does that!! AND it puts them both on the floor more with Jose, who will feed them the ball more. I can't think of a better scenario for their development in working together at both ends.

This move is no diss on JV, but is very likely a good move to make FOR HIM at this time. The last 2 games indicate he may be hitting a bit of a rookie wall while constantly playing against the opponent's #1 C, while he still has lots to work on. This relieves much of the pressure from him and allows for an easier route to adapting to the NBA schedule and lifestyle. It doesn't mean he'll play less minutes (maybe even more), nor does it mean he won't find his way back to the starting unit as the season wears on.

Some people need to chill from criticizing every single move, especially those that wanted ED and JV working together to start with. Sheeesh.
                              I just posted but +1. I see jose as a negative, b/c they need to build chemistry with lowry, the point guard who they will be working once we get rid of jose and bargs.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post

Spot on. JV has hit the rookie wall, or rather it has hit him in the form of very large men pushing him around night after night.

JV is very raw and is clearly overmatched by most starting 5s at this point in his career. I don't see how continually throwing him into the fire is going to result in anything but burnout and injury. It's not like we'll lose more games in his absence.

Let the kid develop at a medium pace. Best way to do that is to bring him off the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X