No announcement yet.

Is Casey stuck in dreamland??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather have a big going for offensive rebounds than standing outside the 3 point line

Comment

now that james johnson is gone there is no one to steal casey's stash. He can now roll a big blunt before games and get high as fuck, no other way I can explain poor decision after poor decision. Meanwhile johnson has cleaned up his act, even got a new pair of glasses that make him look like that fat kid I used to beat up at school. (ok I lied I was that fat kid...)

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        from what i seen in that game Lowry was scoring like a beast WAY before Bargs checked back in late in the 4th..if DC really thinks it was Bargs that made Lowry go off then he is blind or stupid...i have alot of respect for DC but he is making me reconsider that now!
        ED was starting to suck wind after 10 minutes on the floor, as evidenced by 2 fouls in 36 seconds against rookie Robinson. In the 7 minutes after that switch was made, Lowry scored 11 of his 34 points. There are other things that didn't work (AB's shooting, Lowry's defense), but that part of the equation did, especially if you watched actual play, period.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
          Agreed on caoching aspect and comparing Lowry to Wade and Kobe is even further of a gap then comparing Andrea to Dirk and we know how far apart that comparision is. Wade and Kobe have the ability to finish above the rim. Lowry can finish but not in as many varieties as those two so the added space certainly helps.
          I've been more frustrated with the offense than the defense.

Defensively we've seen Calderon playing starters minutes, Bargnani & DeRozan playing heavy starters minutes and Valanciunas playing part time (but with the starters to start the game). That's 2 horrible defenders (Calderon & DeRozan), 1 horrible help defender (Bargnani) and 1 undersized rookie (Valanciunas) being counted on to play consistently good defense. Plus, the starting unit has much less chemistry as a group, with the addition of Valanciunas and Lowry, which could explain the slow starts and huge points given up in the 1st quarter. To me, it's little surprise that the defense has regressed thus far this season.

Offensively, I hoped the added focus by the coaching staff, the addition of Lowry, a consistent/healthy Bargnani and an improved DeRozan would have lead to a significant improvement. I've been incredibly disappointed. Bargnani has returned to old form, DeRozan still has no outside shot and can't finish at the rim (and gets no help from the refs), Lowry is looking like a more skilled version of Bayless, the C position is a revolving door (Valanciunas is a rookie, Amir has fallen too in love with his outside shot and Davis isn't getting enough playing time) and the SF position has been a black hole. The bottom line is that our top-3 offensive players (Lowry, DeRozan, Bargnani) are all incredibly inefficient shooters who are lucky to shoot 50% any given night, while taking over half of the team's shots. Who can blame them when the other two spots on the floor have seen extremely poor/inconsistent production?

Offensively, Bargnani, Lowry and DeRozan all need to tighten their game up and it would be nice to get something decent (I'd settle for consistency) out of the C & SF spots. However, the biggest chunk of the responsibility for both the offensive and defensive struggles ultimately fall on Casey.
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Dec 7, 2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            2 paint-oriented big men means 4 bodies in the paint on a drive. Not conducive to driving, regardless of skill.
            Z-Bo and Marc Gasol. Grizzlies seem to be doing fine, as are the Clippers with Jordan and Griffin.

Not comparing our talent with theirs, but I prefer two bigs in the paint. Having Pietrus now helps with a three point threat.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              Z-Bo and Marc Gasol. Grizzlies seem to be doing fine, as are the Clippers with Jordan and Griffin.

Not comparing our talent with theirs, but I prefer two bigs in the paint. Having Pietrus now helps with a three point threat.
              Not trying to defend Bargs, but the concept of no value from having a big that shoots from outside? How many championships have either of those teams won lately, or finals reached? The last 6 championships have been won by teams using a big to shoot a significant amount from beyond 16 ft, translating to him being out there a lot. Again, not trying to defend Bargs and his performance, but the concept of having a big that's a threat from outside leads to significant success in today's NBA.

Comment

The space Bargs create is overrated IMO. Both Jonas and Amir have a decent mid-range, so there's no need for the deep bomber Bargs, and he hasn't even been shooting it well recently (.327 over the last three seasons). For all the 'spacing' he provides for us on the offensive end, he gives back to the other team on the defensive end by not providing any help defense.

Bargs would be better on the second unit.

Comment

Isn't the big picture here suppose to be "Why did we lose and how can we fix it?" Not trying to give Barg credit for someone else putting up points. For shit sake, he is making $10 mil a year. He is suppose to be able to make others around him good. And he is suppose to pick up the slack.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I've been more frustrated with the offense than the defense.

Defensively we've seen Calderon playing starters minutes, Bargnani & DeRozan playing heavy starters minutes and Valanciunas playing part time (but with the starters to start the game). That's 2 horrible defenders (Calderon & DeRozan), 1 horrible help defender (Bargnani) and 1 undersized rookie (Valanciunas) being counted on to play consistently good defense. Plus, the starting unit has much less chemistry as a group, with the addition of Valanciunas and Lowry, which could explain the slow starts and huge points given up in the 1st quarter. To me, it's little surprise that the defense has regressed thus far this season.

Offensively, I hoped the added focus by the coaching staff, the addition of Lowry, a consistent/healthy Bargnani and an improved DeRozan would have lead to a significant improvement. I've been incredibly disappointed. Bargnani has returned to old form, DeRozan still has no outside shot and can't finish at the rim (and gets no help from the refs), Lowry is looking like a more skilled version of Bayless, the C position is a revolving door (Valanciunas is a rookie, Amir has fallen too in love with his outside shot and Davis isn't getting enough playing time) and the SF position has been a black hole. The bottom line is that our top-3 offensive players (Lowry, DeRozan, Bargnani) are all incredibly inefficient shooters who are lucky to shoot 50% any given night, while taking over half of the team's shots. Who can blame them when the other two spots on the floor have seen extremely poor/inconsistent production?

Offensively, Bargnani, Lowry and DeRozan all need to tighten their game up and it would be nice to get something decent (I'd settle for consistency) out of the C & SF spots. However, the biggest chunk of the responsibility for both the offensive and defensive struggles ultimately fall on Casey.
                    Amen to the bolded part

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                      ED was starting to suck wind after 10 minutes on the floor, as evidenced by 2 fouls in 36 seconds against rookie Robinson. In the 7 minutes after that switch was made, Lowry scored 11 of his 34 points. There are other things that didn't work (AB's shooting, Lowry's defense), but that part of the equation did, especially if you watched actual play, period.
                      Agreed the game looks different based on how people view certain players.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                        Isn't the big picture here suppose to be "Why did we lose and how can we fix it?" Not trying to give Barg credit for someone else putting up points. For shit sake, he is making $10 mil a year. He is suppose to be able to make others around him good. And he is suppose to pick up the slack.
                        Actually the subject of this thread wasn't the big picture, but opened with direct reference to Casey's concept of floor spacing and the use of Bargnani for that. The original post got a little convoluted, but if you follow the convo in the thread, it's focused on that, not the big picture.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                          Not trying to defend Bargs, but the concept of no value from having a big that shoots from outside? How many championships have either of those teams won lately, or finals reached? The last 6 championships have been won by teams using a big to shoot a significant amount from beyond 16 ft, translating to him being out there a lot. Again, not trying to defend Bargs and his performance, but the concept of having a big that's a threat from outside leads to significant success in today's NBA.
                          All of these teams had bigs that could shoot, but none of these bigs (Bosh, Nowitzki, Gasol, Garnett) were camped out at the 3 pt line jacking up 3's outside of Nowitzki who I am certain also took many fouls shots that year and has a super midrange game.

I am also fairly certain without having to check the stats that all of them averaged 6+ boards at least and were active defensively for their teams.

A big who shoots from the perimeter shooting under 40% or even his career avg of 44% and not making much other contributions to his team should not be compared to these players that actually helped their teams win a chip.

Comment

Zewo wrote: View Post
                            The space Bargs create is overrated IMO. Both Jonas and Amir have a decent mid-range, so there's no need for the deep bomber Bargs, and he hasn't even been shooting it well recently (.327 over the last three seasons). For all the 'spacing' he provides for us on the offensive end, he gives back to the other team on the defensive end by not providing any help defense.

Bargs would be better on the second unit.
                            The only space he has been creating lately has been the space and distance between wins (4) and losses (15) and that spacing looks like it might get bigger.

I can't believe 'spacing' is now an important part of Andrea's value! lol

Casey should apologize for suggesting Lowry only got off in Sacramento cause Andrea was giving him the room to manouevre.

Ask coach Hollins if Gasol and Randolph are not creating enough space for Gay and Conley? LOL

Comment

Right, because Memphis has two paint-loving bigs, we can get away with it too. Nevermind the fact that Randolph and Gasol are both at least three times as talented as any of our bigs (outside Barg, who isn't in the game in this discussion), and the fact that we have a point guard who absolutely relies on getting into the paint.

Comment

Bargs DOES NOT make his team better.

Big to big passing is what makes paint-loving bigs exist together.

Highpost play making is what makes perimeter bigs succesful.

Bargs sucks at both. Whats the use of spacing if he cant pass it to the open man, and instead shoots for 32% at 3pt?
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X