Derrick Williams - fit with the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Williams - fit with the Raps?

Seems like Derrick Williams of the Timberwolves is close to asking for a trade.

Should the Raps look at him? Seems he likes taking threes too. Might be a black Bargnani.

Thoughts?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...de_Possibility

I would love to have him. Maybe a 3 team trade:

LAL gets Bargnani and Jose
    Minny gets Gasol
    TO gets Williams
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

Minny gets Gasol
      TO gets Williams
      So we are down a PG? We need a legit second man If we lose Calderon Lucas hopefully can play like his late season Bull days he shows flashes of it from time to time.

Comment

Can someone with more knowledge on Derrick Williams fill me in on his abilities, potential, history, and usage?
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Can someone with more knowledge on Derrick Williams fill me in on his abilities, potential, history, and usage?
          Strong inside scorer. Extremely athletic. Has capable range. Strong inside post scorer as well. Solid defender. Tweener. Very good potential, on this team, would be better suited playing the 3, allowing him to use his size and strength, and even though inconsistent outside shooting, he can be a threat. Average ball-handling and passing ability, and is solid without the ball. If we could, I wouldn't mind trying to send out Linas, Andrea and Jose to acquire possibly Williams, Ridnour while Gasol and Blake head over to Minny. (Correct me if it doesn't work).
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Strong inside scorer. Extremely athletic. Has capable range. Strong inside post scorer as well. Solid defender. Tweener. Very good potential, on this team, would be better suited playing the 3, allowing him to use his size and strength, and even though inconsistent outside shooting, he can be a threat. Average ball-handling and passing ability, and is solid without the ball. If we could, I wouldn't mind trying to send out Linas, Andrea and Jose to acquire possibly Williams, Ridnour while Gasol and Blake head over to Minny. (Correct me if it doesn't work).
            Athletic? Not really.

Not even on the defensive end.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
              Athletic? Not really.

Oh c'mon.

Comment

Why cant we get the best of both worlds???

Jose and Bargnani for Pau
                Kleiza for Williams

Comment

What are some deficiencies? Why isnt he being utilized by Minny?

Do we need a strong rebounding post SF who lacks a perimeter game when we have DD doing the same thing at SG?
                  Are there expectations of an improved 3pt shot for DW?

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                    Why cant we get the best of both worlds???

Jose and Bargnani for Pau
                    Kleiza for Williams
                    Stop playing with my emotions Glove!!! It ain't gonna happen! :S

Comment

In case Lowry gets sick of doing this.

Oh c'mon.

Comment

Stop playing with my emotions Glove!!! It ain't gonna happen! :S
                        hahahaha who knows. LK seems fine playing a back-up, he's still young and im sure Minny would love his toughness.

All the other teams have legit SF/PFs. For sure here he'll be a starter. BC will be able to convince Pelinka with no trouble at all. Specially if Eddy puts in a good word.

I have a feeling if Minny does talk to the Raps, theyd want Davis. Are we prepared to give Eddy up?
                        Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Dec 7, 2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

linas is having a worse off season than bargnani...

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

Minny gets Gasol
                            TO gets Williams
                            I like it.

Comment

You want to give up 2 major players on our team for Williams, a guy the T'wolves seem to be hoping to unload anyways?

Comment

Working...
                              X