• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUGE 3 teams blockbuster trade

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ak7fxoh

Lakers get Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani and Luke Ridnour

Timberwolves get Pau Gasol and Steve Blake

Raptors get Nikola Pekovic, Derrick Williams and JJ Barea

What yallllllllllll folks be thinkinnnnn'??
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Sat Dec 8, 2012, 03:27 AM.

blockbuster

I like this approach better than taking Gasol directly. Would try to get Shved from minn instead of Barea, and would want to be sure we could sign Pav.

Comment

blockbuster

I like this approach better than taking Gasol directly. Would try to get Shved from minn instead of Barea, and would want to be sure we could sign Pec.

Comment

Ok, Kahn is a crazy GM, but he's not LOONEY LIKE BABCOCK. Stop this speculation and proposals.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

by the sounds of it , theyre more likely to move K-love, so i doubt Williams is available.

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
            by the sounds of it , theyre more likely to move K-love, so i doubt Williams is available.
            Yes, I read that. Love really does not like being in Minnesota.

I'd absolutely love if something like this happened:
            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abvn7zp

It is Khan so anything is possible.

Comment

Is this the whitest trade in history?

Comment

Twolves are the whitetest team in the modern NBA history (probably)

Comment

This could almost work. Don't think we could get Derrick Williams - but could probably get Buddinger or Cunningham instead. Also, could we play Pek on Jonas together...or is the goal to be able to deal Jonas
                  I think this version would be more realistic:
                  Lakers Get: Calderon, Bargnani, Amir
                  Twolves get: Pau Gasol and Blakeb
                  Raptors Get: Buddinger, Ridnour, Pekovic

Comment

The New # 7 is in town!!!
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I had roughly the same idea:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxnpdec

Lakers get: Calderon / Bargnani / Fields (or Kleiza) & Williams [essentially a whole high-end bench]

Wolves get: Gasol [whom they want] & Johnson-Odom [filler]

Raptors get: Roy / Pekovic / Blake & Duhon and maybe some draft picks

Raptors get a lot less in terms of talent but clear loads of salary/cap space (something like $8 million in yr 1, $3 million in yr 2 and $20 million in yr 3), get Pekovic (who would be a highly desirable commodity) and change the culture of the team (no Bargs).

Getting Roy, Blake and Duhon kind of sucks but that is the price of dumping a guy like Bargnani.

Edit to add: if the Raps really want their draft pick back (this year) they could then look at trading with OKC.

Thunder get: Pekovic and Duhon

Raps get: Perkins, Maynor and 1st back

Not a great trade for the Raps but they do complete the reset and endure several years of suffering while stockpiling talent. OKC does this because Pekovic is better than Perkins and they save quite a bit on salary and cap.
                      Last edited by YKOil; Fri Dec 21, 2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X