Twitterers Unite, Again! #No3rdYearOptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitterers Unite, Again! #No3rdYearOptions

Well, it is too late to decline Casey's third year option but it doesn't mean he has to coach it out.

Colangelo on the other hand, still has his third year option looming and it really should not be picked up.

The franchise needs to be flushed from top to bottom. #tradeBargnani; goodbye Jose; pack your bags Linas; and Amir you're going, going, back, back, to Cali, Cali. Bring in real talented prospects (Derrick Williams is a start), obtain picks in any way manner - even take on bad contracts.... like really bad contracts (and before you say, "But look at SAC and WSH!!" Guess what?? Those franchises suck too. Youth is not the problem - poor decisions and asset allocation resulting in minimal talent is the problem).

Casey has clearly lost the magical defensive touch from last season and more importantly he has lost the locker room (before you disagree, go to the mirror and ask yourself the question).

Colangelo's shine ran out in 2008 (sadly it took me 4 years to recognize that).

And so I bring to you the newest Twitter hashtag:

#No3rdYearOptions

And don't forget old faithful that will be needed to start it all:

#tradeBargnani
    YES! Time to cut the cord!
    77.78%
    NO WAY! Calm down. There is still time to right the ship.
    22.22%

meh, i still believe Colangelo can make the right decisions. Im still giving him this year to rid bargnani
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Yah, I don't think Bryan is a loser on the Babcock scale, I just think that over time he is a leaky dam.

I would ride this piece of crap team for 1-3rd pick, thank Bryan for the steaming pile end of the year and move him on.

Comment

Sad to say, but it does look like Casey has lost them. Nevermind the poor rotations/minutes and end of game play calling. He came to the team with a "pound the rock" mentality and promised to hold players accountable but he's deviated from it so badly it really makes you wonder what's going on.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm up for BC and Casey seeing the door. On board for moving guys like Andrea, Jose, Kleiza and Amir. Hell I wouldn't lose sleep if they moved anyone other then JV. Stock piling picks is great but in the right drafts. One thing worth noting is Derrick Williams isn't an answer to any of our problems. I'd much rather them get players who play a position no more tweeners. Real talent, real athletes and real competitors please.

Comment

Two words........ Shabazz Muhammad.

Tank Nation for life.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Not convinced Casey needs to go. He may have lost the locker room, but I think that means there need to be more changes in the locker room. Now, BC filled that locker room, so he's got to go. Obviously Bargs has to go. He's just not a good teammate, not a good leader, and every game he stays with us is a game that hurts our team, whether we win or lose. We definitely need a general talent upgrade, and I'd say JV is the only untouchable. Demar is maybe untouchable for a couple more years by default because of his new extension: teams will wait to see if he lives up to it before being willing to take him back in a deal, and if that happens, it's hard to see him being traded unless it's for a clear talent upgrade or to fill a gaping hole.
              Just another thought on coaches and locker rooms...I'd much rather try and readjust the team so that maybe they come together under Casey again. It's hard to find a good coach. We've basically only had one, Butch Carter, who was unfortunately stupid enough to publicly pursue his boss' job. If we are going to blow up the team a bit anyway, and shed at least Bargs and maybe some other guys, why not see if Casey can reestablish what he was working on last year? I think it's obvious that Bargs' mere presence is a big reason he's lost the locker room. Bargs doesn't have the respect of his teammates. I think to the extent that they don't even want to get on him for his crappy play because they know he doesn't care.
              So, Bargs is clearly a huge reason for our problems on the court, and he's BC's golden boy, so if you want them both gone, and whatever other players you may hate, that's fine. I think Casey is taking too much heat for what was already a flawed roster. It was never really a secret either. Pretty much all summer, the general consensus seemed to be if we got the 13-game Bargs, we'd have a chance to compete for a playoff spot, and definitely improve. If we got the other Bargs, we'd struggle mercilessly, and that's exactly what's happening.

Comment

Maybe I jumped the gun on Casey.

But by all-star break I think we'll have a definitive answer.

Comment

Next season cannot come soon enough, eh?
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Well, it is too late to decline Casey's third year option but it doesn't mean he has to coach it out.

Colangelo on the other hand, still has his third year option looming and it really should not be picked up.

The franchise needs to be flushed from top to bottom. #tradeBargnani; goodbye Jose; pack your bags Linas; and Amir you're going, going, back, back, to Cali, Cali. Bring in real talented prospects (Derrick Williams is a start), obtain picks in any way manner - even take on bad contracts.... like really bad contracts (and before you say, "But look at SAC and WSH!!" Guess what?? Those franchises suck too. Youth is not the problem - poor decisions and asset allocation resulting in minimal talent is the problem).

Casey has clearly lost the magical defensive touch from last season and more importantly he has lost the locker room (before you disagree, go to the mirror and ask yourself the question).

Colangelo's shine ran out in 2008 (sadly it took me 4 years to recognize that).

And so I bring to you the newest Twitter hashtag:

#No3rdYearOptions

And don't forget old faithful that will be needed to start it all:

#tradeBargnani
                    I'll trend this but trust me, BC is good as gone. This franchise is a mess.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

let the loosing continue heading into the offseason.. and Everyone will get cleaned up starting fresh next year.. get rid of everyone for picks and tank the year for a much talented 2014 draft.. n DO NOT make the same mistakes going forward... thats what i want for christmas

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        I'll trend this but trust me, BC is good as gone. This franchise is a mess.
                        I hope you are right.

Comment

It is obvious the emperor wears no clothes in Toronto.

#No3rdYearOption

Unless Colangelo starts his best George Costanza reenactment, his time is up and it is check out time.

Comment

I strongly disagree with this statement - not that my disagreement is worth anything at all, of course:

“I don’t believe this is a talent issue,” he said. “I think it’s a lack of focus, attention to detail, consistency of competing. We’ve shown flashes of very good basketball, just not good enough to pull out games when we need to pull them out.”

Anyone else scared sh!tless when he says the bold? No, don't make it right. You need to make it more wrong before you can start making it right.... and by "before you can start" I mean your successor.

“We’re all under a microscope now, as should be the case, including myself,” said Colangelo. “We clearly have to make this right.
                            http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...ryan-colangelo

#No3rdYearOption

Comment

Working...
                            X