Bryan Colangelo Interview (Transcript)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copywryter wrote: View Post
    You have to know that every other GM in the league saw this interview (probably through one of those big LOLcat chain email, because that's how ridiculous he sounded), and that they each made a mental note to take advantage of what can only be an increasingly desperate vulnerability in the near future.

Not good.
    If the Raptors had any players anybody wanted this might matter.

Comment

No analysis here. Just a little fun.

Sad thread to read, but full of truth.

I can't offer any better analysis than has already been given, but I can say that using this fun website I have discovered that you can make the following phrases using the letters in "Bryan Colangelo":

- Balance no glory
      - One gay cornball
      - No bacon allergy
      - Early colon bang
      - Banal necrology
      - Loyal Barg nonce

Celebrating the Futility of the Toronto Raptors:
      http://www.holycraptors.com

Comment

Hi, I'm Bryan Colangelo, welcome to Jackass!

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
          the only thing that depresses me more than this thought is the fact that we have little to no chance of keeping Lowry at the end of next year
          By the look of his body language I would be surprised if he doesn't demand a trade mid way through this season. Either that or become a bad presence in the locker room.

Comment

Great article on BC in Toronto Life of all places.

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/inf...ngelo-raptors/

One of the interesting bits of the article:

The Raptors finished the 2010–2011 season with a dismal 22-60 record. In April 2011, the website Basketball Prospectus, a go-to for stats junkies, ranked the Raptors dead last in payroll efficiency, which measures a team’s wins per salary dollar spent. No GM in the NBA was getting less bang for his buck than Colangelo.

Comment

It could always be worse:

Michael Lee of the Washington Post has a piece out on how the Washington Wizards are "still haunted" by Gilbert Arenas' massive contract extension in 2008. The headline and subsequent article is a roundabout way of saying what we noted a few weeks ago: the decision to trade for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza appears to be a $43 million mistake unless the two dramatically pick it up. Forty-three million, of course, is what the two players are owed over the next two years. In essence, the Wizards took whatever money they saved by dealing Arenas for Rashard Lewis and reapplied it to Okafor and Ariza.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/1...a-emeka-okafor

Summary

A 43 million dollar mistake. That's how Mike Prada and countless of Wizard fans have characterized this trade, merely after just the first week of the regular season. Three weeks in, they started pondering any and every alternative Ernie Grunfeld could have made instead. Yes, the duo we shipped off to the nation's capital has been that bad. They comprise roughly 1/3 of the Wizard's payroll but have played in under 19% of the available minutes. That's unacceptable that on a bad team, they have simply been worse than most of their counterparts. We really do owe their fans some type of condolence letter.

http://www.atthehive.com/2012/12/10/...a-okafor-trade

This is also further proof I know shit. I actually thought this trade was a good one when it went down for Washington. Considering I've been spewing what Colangelo has been promoting for the last few years, I'm doing the opposite like George Costanza. Take on the worst contracts in the league but get back lots of first round draft picks in the process. I never would have thought a few months ago I'd think this is the right direction for the team but there it is.

Comment

RapRepRip wrote: View Post
                Great article on BC in Toronto Life of all places.

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/inf...ngelo-raptors/

One of the interesting bits of the article:

The Raptors finished the 2010–2011 season with a dismal 22-60 record. In April 2011, the website Basketball Prospectus, a go-to for stats junkies, ranked the Raptors dead last in payroll efficiency, which measures a team’s wins per salary dollar spent. No GM in the NBA was getting less bang for his buck than Colangelo.
                The "premium" of playing in Toronto probably explains some of this, but a worrisome stat nonetheless.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  The "premium" of playing in Toronto probably explains some of this, but a worrisome stat nonetheless.
                  Yep, a team looking to rebuild and lose shouldn't be at the salary cap....

EDIT: By the way, this is something all the "BC makes MLSE money" guys should take note of. Here's MLSE spending big bucks for a terrible team. Not a great use of revenues. I suspect this is what bugged guys like Glenn Silvestri: the value for money they were getting.

Comment

Listening in today in Primetime with Bob McCowan and he mentioned that part of the issue is having a 20 year-old rookie as a centre. Umm, wasn't that his decision? *Facepalm* Seriously, he sounds like a pathetic, used car salesman. He really sound like he and the franchise are not going anywhere soon.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      Listening in today in Primetime with Bob McCowan and he mentioned that part of the issue is having a 20 year-old rookie as a centre. Umm, wasn't that his decision? *Facepalm* Seriously, he sounds like a pathetic, used car salesman. He really sound like he and the franchise are not going anywhere soon.
                      SCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAM!

It is official. I hate Colangelo. The guy he pins the hopes and dreams of the franchise's fans on is now under the bus.

Man up, Bryan. Man up.

This team is your creation from the top on down to the bottom.

Man up.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        Shorter transcript: I'm not making excuses. Proceeds to list every excuse in the book.

I think it's awesome that he calls out his rooks and Ed Davis then blames everyone else for Bargs' struggles. Don't think he did himself any favors here.

exactly.

Comment

I do not believe that it's a talent issue right now;
                          This guy really needs to go, he is still in denial.

Comment

He got a 1st round overall pick, and Bosh a perenial allstar when he took over for the rebuild, and here we are 8 years later with not even one player the calibre of Bosh.

How he can not beat himself with a mallet is beyond me.

Comment

Typical Raptor luck: I bet we keep our pick this year in a weak draft at number 3 (it's top 3 protected) and then end up giving it away next year when we squeak into the playoffs with a deep draft. FML

Comment

hyperdouche wrote: View Post
                                Typical Raptor luck: I bet we keep our pick this year in a weak draft at number 3 (it's top 3 protected) and then end up giving it away next year when we squeak into the playoffs with a deep draft. FML
                                I would much rather take a top 3 pick in a weak draft, than a 16th pick in a deep draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X