Blow it up..... seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Accepting the current situation ignores the last 5 seasons, condones mediocrity, and shows just how low the bar is set for Raptor fans.
    Disagree.
    I'm not sure anyone is 'Accepting' the current situation. Nor do they 'condone' it. It just 'is'.

So instead of planning the exit of so-and-so, and then basing another assumption off of that previous assumption; I will just assume we will improve from within.

Perhaps I am blind with optimism, but I'd rather that, than be blinded by pescimism (not saying you are, just speaking in general).

Comment

Just to clarify (and this will be put in the original post as well):

What do I mean by blow it up?

1. fire management
      2. trade current veterans (Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza, Amir) for worse contracts, like the worse of the worst in the league, for draft picks
      3. realize the current building process of the team is a giant FAIL and its ceiling is mediocrity if all goes according to plan.... for the love of sweet baby jesus the Raptors are the 2nd worst team in the league 21 games in!
      4. play the youth (DD, ED, TR, JV)

The Raptors are actually ahead of the game on this process. They already have 3-4 decent young players. Another 2-3 drafts with multiple draft picks should do it. And if it does not, well, they'll be no worse off than they currently are: 2nd worst team in the league.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Disagree.
        I'm not sure anyone is 'Accepting' the current situation. Nor do they 'condone' it. It just 'is'.

So instead of planning the exit of so-and-so, and then basing another assumption off of that previous assumption; I will just assume we will improve from within.

Perhaps I am blind with optimism, but I'd rather that, than be blinded by pescimism (not saying you are, just speaking in general).
        Disagree, as well.

I've always been happy to agree to disagree and now is no different.

Here is the reality: the Raptors are 4-17. They have lost to great, average, and bad teams in a variety of ways but in the end it all comes down to the same outcome much more often than not: they lose. They are a bottom 10 offensive team and a bottom 3 defensive team. The Raptors are bad on one side of the ball and awful on the other.

I disagree about accepting or condoning, as well, surprise. When the GM is saying talent is not the issue, well, it is obvious his time is up and throwing DC and TR under the bus is further proof to the situation.

Comment

1. fire management
          2. play the youth (DD, ED, TR, JV)
          Fully support and agree with these two.

Comment

Here is the reality: the Raptors are 4-17. They have lost to great, average, and bad teams in a variety of ways but in the end it all comes down to the same outcome much more often than not: they lose. They are a bottom 10 offensive team and a bottom 3 defensive team. The Raptors are bad on one side of the ball and awful on the other.
            Can't disagree with any of this.
            Perhaps it is in how we respond to this negative situation, where our disagreement lies.

I disagree about accepting or condoning, as well, surprise. When the GM is saying talent is not the issue, well, it is obvious his time is up and throwing DC and TR under the bus is further proof to the situation.
            Apologies, I wasn't including BC in this. I thought you meant fans had accepted and condone the bad play. My bad.

Comment

THe only way the Raps can get an all-star calibre type of talent in my opinion is through draft. Not sure i'm willing to watch 2 straight seasons of tanking though just to have a chance to draft Wiggins. And even if we let's say finish with the worst record in 2014, there is NO guarantee that we're going to get the 1st overall pick.

The Raps only hope right now is for JV to develop faster and DeRozan to continue to improve his game. Because after those 2, there's not much talent here.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fire Wayne Embry!

Comment

Can't disagree with any of this.
                  Perhaps it is in how we respond to this negative situation, where our disagreement lies.

Apologies, I wasn't including BC in this. I thought you meant fans had accepted and condone the bad play. My bad.
                  I might be a whiney bitch but I only want change. What is currently being done is not working. I don't think staying on the current course is going to take us to the promised land (and my promised land is a contender - not necessarily a champion but wouldn't' that be sweet).

Comment

And Denver's team as currently constructed is primarily a result of successful draft picks and asset accumulation leading to asset acquisition.
                    Which is exactly what BC has been doing. The difference, of course, in the current state of the 2 teams is the fleecing of NYK, which could never be accomplished with second-tier talent like Bosh.
                    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

I might be a whiney bitch but I only want change.
                      Hahahaha I never said that!!
                      I guess in the end, ultimately, we all want the same thing: A team we can be proud of.
                      How we get there doesn't really matter. As long as we do.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                        Guys like this are like lottery tickets though. For each of them, there are many incredible players who do take a bit more development time. These late bloomers won't necessarily be superstars, but they can become all-star level talent, and that's a more realistic thing to focus on.

Still don't think they should keep the current team together though. I'm advocating going all out for 2014 draft acquisitions. I'd move anyone on this team besides JV. If we have to take on some bad contracts to get 1st round 2014 picks in the lottery range, we should do it. Those bad contracts will disappear before the prospects we could draft in 2014 do.
                        I hesitantly agree, depending on your definition of "all out". This whole blowing it up idea is worrisome. Less so now with the clarification of the definition of "blow it up". I'm not ready to make a move now for a draft pick 2 seasons away. That could end up biting us in the butt.
                        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Hahahaha I never said that!!
                          I guess in the end, ultimately, we all want the same thing: A team we can be proud of.
                          How we get there doesn't really matter. As long as we do.
                          Well, I am a whiney little bitch of late.

Not much a fan can do.

Oh to own the Raptors. Hey. Is that the ultimate life goal I've been seeking now that I have a wonderful family?

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                            I hesitantly agree, depending on your definition of "all out". This whole blowing it up idea is worrisome. Less so now with the clarification of the definition of "blow it up". I'm not ready to make a move now for a draft pick 2 seasons away. That could end up biting us in the butt.

I would be worried putting all your coin on one bet too - the bet in this case is one draft pick. I would be looking for multiple first round draft picks over the next 2-3 drafts ('13, '14, '15).

Would Chicago give up Charlotte's pick to take on Boozer?

Would Charlotte give up Detroit and/or Portland to shed Thomas or receive another asset?

Would Minnesota give up picks in any (please pray God) deal with LA for Bargnani?

Would Washington give up a, just thinking out loud, 1st round pick top 3 protected in 2013 and unprotected in 2014 to shed Okafor (gives them $15M in cap space this summer with an already young roster)? Okafor is really bad now given his contract.

What about Milwaukee? They are dying to move Gooden.

Phoenix has some undesirable contracts (although I would not touch Beasley).

Obviously you can't do it all but there are opportunities there, I would think, to take on some undesirable contracts now for young talent later (draft picks). I mean, what is the worse thing that happens? The Raptors slip to last place? lol (a very cynical lol).

Comment

Well, I am a whiney little bitch of late.
                              This is the worst I have seen you react, and it is not without reason. There were a select few of us on this site that watched almost every game last season. I think the fact that we had our draft pick made it, a little easier to watch.

This year, what are we hoping for? Chances of us getting a top three pick are slim. The future of this team looks bleak. I agree, this team should be remodelled. The assets to keep are DeMar, Ross, JV, Ed and Lowry. The only untouchable player is JV. It's time to build a team that represents the coach, and the country, because after all, our fan base loves hard nosed, hard working and gritty players.

Acquiring assets (draft picks, and young talent) is the way to approach it. We have the pieces that can be traded for bloated contracts, which would yield young prospects and/or draft picks.

This current roster is flawed and it doesn't take a genius to see that. I don't think we are that far off from having a team that can compete.

JV
                              ????
                              ????
                              DeMar
                              Lowry

Bench

Ed
                              Ross

Those are decent building blocks for the future

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                                This is the worst I have seen you react, and it is not without reason. There were a select few of us on this site that watched almost every game last season. I think the fact that we had our draft pick made it, a little easier to watch.

This year, what are we hoping for? Chances of us getting a top three pick are slim. The future of this team looks bleak. I agree, this team should be remodelled. The assets to keep are DeMar, Ross, JV, Ed and Lowry. The only untouchable player is JV. It's time to build a team that represents the coach, and the country, because after all, our fan base loves hard nosed, hard working and gritty players.

Acquiring assets (draft picks, and young talent) is the way to approach it. We have the pieces that can be traded for bloated contracts, which would yield young prospects and/or draft picks.

This current roster is flawed and it doesn't take a genius to see that. I don't think we are that far off from having a team that can compete.

JV
                                ????
                                ????
                                DeMar
                                Lowry

Bench

Ed
                                Ross

Those are decent building blocks for the future
                                I am Matt52 and one of the founding members of the #tradeBargnani movement and I support this bold statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X