Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan for the Raptors Future.

I have drawn up a plan for the Raptors to contend soon. It is as follows:

1. We trade Andrea for a 2013 late lottery pick. I'm thinking a team like Portland, or maybe Phoenix, Orlando, Detroit, Minnesota.
    2. We trade Jose to Dallas or Chicago who are both in need of a starting point guard - in exchange for their 2013 pick
    3. We get rid of Landry Fields (and his salary) for a late first rounder or recent draft pick
    4. We play our young guys - Lowry, Ross, Demar, Davis, Jonas for the rest of the year and hope to keep that third overall pick. We currently have it, and Cleveland and Washington are both about to get their star point guards back
    5. Lets hope we get the 3rd, 13th,17th and 26th picks (estimates)
    6. We take Shabazz/Otto Porter 3rd overall (fills sf gap), we take a SF/PF/C 13th like Poythress or Mcadoo, we take Myck Kabongo as our backup pg at 17, then take the best player availible at 26.
    7. We give max offers to Josh Smith and Paul Millsap hoping one of them signs here for the cash, and we resign Lowry to a big. time deal
    We go into 2013 season with a line up of Lowry, Demar, Shabazz/Porter, Smith/Millsap, Jonas.
    Seems like a team that could make the playoffs next season, but we said that this year.
    Please leave opinions below?

1. We'd have to take back a bad contract for sure and even then I can't see it happening
    2. Not sure if they'd be interested or not, but I'm down
    3. Good luck with that lol
    4. Mixed feelings on this one. Might be the best year to lose our pick from the Lowry deal since next years draft has a lot of good SF. Definitely agree with giving the young guys good minutes though.
    7. Not going to get hopes up for grabbing 1 of of Smith or Millsap

Comment

raptors98 wrote: View Post
      I have drawn up a plan for the Raptors to contend soon. It is as follows:

1. We trade Andrea for a 2013 late lottery pick. I'm thinking a team like Portland, or maybe Phoenix, Orlando, Detroit, Minnesota.
      2. We trade Jose to Dallas or Chicago who are both in need of a starting point guard - in exchange for their 2013 pick
      3. We get rid of Landry Fields (and his salary) for a late first rounder or recent draft pick
      4. We play our young guys - Lowry, Ross, Demar, Davis, Jonas for the rest of the year and hope to keep that third overall pick. We currently have it, and Cleveland and Washington are both about to get their star point guards back
      5. Lets hope we get the 3rd, 13th,17th and 26th picks (estimates)
      6. We take Shabazz/Otto Porter 3rd overall (fills sf gap), we take a SF/PF/C 13th like Poythress or Mcadoo, we take Myck Kabongo as our backup pg at 17, then take the best player availible at 26.
      7. We give max offers to Josh Smith and Paul Millsap hoping one of them signs here for the cash, and we resign Lowry to a big. time deal
      We go into 2013 season with a line up of Lowry, Demar, Shabazz/Porter, Smith/Millsap, Jonas.
      Seems like a team that could make the playoffs next season, but we said that this year.
      Please leave opinions below?
      1. Why would any of those teams give up a pick for Bargnani? Detroit, Minnesota, and Portland can't trade their pick because it is traded to other teams with restrictions. Phoenix has 2 Bargnani's in Frye and Beasley. Orlando has a better Bargnani in Harrington who is cheaper and the plan you are advocating for Toronto is being employed by Orlando as well.
      2. Dallas does not have a pick. Chicago is interesting but their pick is not the answer it is the Charlotte pick they have.
      3. **poof** Landry disappeared. It is not easy to 'get rid' of a bad contract. Toronto would have to send a late first rounder or recent pick. Landry has no value at $6.23M per year.
      4. No guarantee the Raps keep pick even if worst in league. But I like the idea of playing the youth.
      5. Lets hope Landry Fields runs a 'night with my girl' contest too while we are at it.
      6. A lot can happen in 6 months with the draft.
      7. The Raps are not going to be in a position to make those offers given CBA requirements on trades. Getting all those picks WITH expiring contracts is going to take a lot of extortion and incriminating evidence by Raptor management to pull off on the other 29 GM's.

Does that team make the playoffs? I don't think it is a certainty but it would have more of a chance than the current roster. I think it is also a band-aid approach or a quick fix solution.

That is just my opinion though.

Comment

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying, wouldn't be easy to unload everything without taking too many bad contracts. Are we hoping the raps lose this pick and then are able to keep it in the stacked 2014 draft (Wiggins, Parker etc)?
        Do you guys think we should take on some bad contracts for picks and then just bomb the next 2-3 seasons? Cause if we make a few minor moves and see improvements from Jonas, and other young guys we could maybe make the 8th seed in a year or two but that is this teams ceiling

Comment

raptors98 wrote: View Post
          Yeah, I see what you guys are saying, wouldn't be easy to unload everything without taking too many bad contracts. Are we hoping the raps lose this pick and then are able to keep it in the stacked 2014 draft (Wiggins, Parker etc)?
          Do you guys think we should take on some bad contracts for picks and then just bomb the next 2-3 seasons? Cause if we make a few minor moves and see improvements from Jonas, and other young guys we could maybe make the 8th seed in a year or two but that is this teams ceiling
          You nailed it in my opinion.

Regarding pick - best case scenario would be top 3 this year and top 2 next year. Highly unlikely though. Better to lose it this year than next, imo.

Given the Raps ceiling as you mentioned, #tradeBargnani #No3rdYearOption #BlowItUp

Comment

i believe you trade everyone not names demar, ed, ross, jv and hopefully lowry only let one go if we will get a good pick NEXT year. suck hard this year and next hope for a decent player this year and the canadian kid wiggins next alot of luck involved but get two (at worst top 5) but hopefully top 3 picks its the only way to build look at OKC model. We may need to get rid of a guy like lowry because he could make us too good to lose this many games as we need but building through high draft picks is the only way that we are going to improve in the long run.

Comment

We all know the Raptors are bad really bad. We all know Bargnani needs to go. He is a cancer on this team and city. Win or lose I could watch a starting lineup of Jonas at center, Ed at power, DeMar at small, Terence at shooting, Kyle at point. The Raptors need a vet to keep these young bucks in check. Charles Oakley would never tolerate this shit.

Comment

Another possibility:
                Think we should trade Bargnani this year, but still win enough games so we lose our pick and thus keep it in 2014.
                At the end of the year Calderon expires.
                Then during the off season trade Lowry to a really bad looking team (Sac, Dallas by then, New Orleans) for their first round pick.
                In the 2014 draft we will hopefully have 2 top 7 picks and that will give us a shot to rebuild by the draft like OKC...because like OKC, we are not a free agent destination

Comment

Harrington better than Bargnani???

I have read your posts for quite some time and it is clear you are a AB hater. No problem with that personally, but if you want to add credence to your arguement, put some thought into it...please!

Comment

my plan, stop watching until they become good, however that is. It's a little hard because I am in the habit of watching raptors games for the last 2 years, but I can do it.

Comment

Cancer on team and city....hmmmmmmmmmmm....love those articulate thoughts!!!

Comment

Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
                        Cancer on team and city....hmmmmmmmmmmm....love those articulate thoughts!!!
                        Let's put Bargnani's career into context. Bargnani has had the 4th worse career of any player drafted 1st overall in the last 20 years. M. Olowakandi, K. Brown, and G. Oden are the only players he's been better than.

Bargnani is the worse rebounding PF in NBA history averaging more than 35 min a game. A PF should be embarrassed his point guard is averaging more rebounds than him.

A 7th year 1st overall pick is a vet. He should be leading his team like a General into battle holding players accountable on the court and in the locker room. Instead we have Bargnani saying trade rumours don't bother him because there is nothing he can do abouta it.

I loved Bargnani too for the first 5 years. I gave the opportunity to grow and mature. We all saw him play like an all star last for the first quarter of the season. Now in his 7th year he has regressed to 4th year levels. How can you defend this guy?

Comment

Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
                          Harrington better than Bargnani???

I have read your posts for quite some time and it is clear you are a AB hater. No problem with that personally, but if you want to add credence to your arguement, put some thought into it...please!
                          He is not better than Bargnani now, of course. Harrington is injured.

Here is a glimpse of how true the statement actually is though as neither really contribute to winning and per48 stats are either in Harrington's favour or a draw:

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co...esc&player_ids[]=71&player_ids[]=314&sort=points_over_par_48&utf8=%E2%9C%93

And Bargnani as a player, you are damn right I am a hater. I don't know the man as a person and would never extend the sentiments off the court.

Comment

Hilarious thing is, it's a challenge to loose the TOP 3 pick. Haha
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Profile wrote: View Post
                              We all know the Raptors are bad really bad. We all know Bargnani needs to go. He is a cancer on this team and city. Win or lose I could watch a starting lineup of Jonas at center, Ed at power, DeMar at small, Terence at shooting, Kyle at point. The Raptors need a vet to keep these young bucks in check. Charles Oakley would never tolerate this shit.
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X