Teammates heavily criticized Bargnani in team meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I'm sure BC would try and use any stategy at his disposal to get as much as possible in a trade for AB. However teams that try to win by by way of focusing only on their offense, aka the Phoenix way, are all shifting back to the traditional defensive style of basketball. Phoenix doesn't have Nash or D'Antoni, Goldens State has changed their philosphy completely, Mav's are in flux and only interested in good contracts for a big move in the summer, Lakers are loaded as is.....maybe the Rockets because Morey seems to have a unique methodology to the way he constructs his team. But in general that "run and gun" style of play isn't used very much these days. If you take a look at the teams with the best offensive ratings in the league this season, it's teams like the Knicks, San Antonio, Miami...whom are all defensive savy teams. Bottom line is that BC is going to have a tough time trading Bargnani and it might be best to ride it out with him this season and them amnesty him, imo.
    Defensive-savvy and filled with all-world talent. Hard to dissect the 2 imo.
    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

This franchise is in trouble.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Other dogs are starting to nip at the alpha.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
          It is not at all true that Bargnani is not hard working, has no work ethic etc. What Bargnani does not have at this time is Confidence. It's diminishing day by day because of all the critisism and bashing he's receiving.
          So his apathetic, lazy play is all our fault.

Riiiiiiiiiiight...

Comment

Sorry, when you are in the spotlight and your only source of confidence is what fans think of you on a message board, than chances are you are a born loser and should not be in a professional sports league for men that pays millions per anum.

but hey what do I know maybe the kid really is as soft as downy, all the more reason to get him away from our roster.

Comment

smrt wrote: View Post
              So his apathetic, lazy play is all our fault.

Riiiiiiiiiiight...
              'LAZY' in your opinion. What something seems like and what it actually is are two different things. If you're human you know that life is full of ups and downs. What he's going through is a 'down'. Reaction to his play was exactly the opposite from fans last year, especially in the first part of the season. The big question is, is a fan who stands behind him in good times and critises him in bad times, actually a fan?
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Don't forget about Lowry guys.

Quote from Ryan Wolstat:

"Players yelling at Bargnani and Lowry in the meeting seems about right. Been saying for a while coddling of Bargnani grated on teammates"
                Lowry is playing hard and will be able to adjust to the criticism..Lowry shows he cares. AB doesnt care and they all know it. Players see that AB is not held accountable and they get discouraged. AB being 'out indefinetly' may improve overall team morale.

Comment

haha thanks Matt, I didnt know how to embed it

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                    'LAZY' in your opinion. What something seems like and what it actually is are two different things. If you're human you know that life is full of ups and downs. What he's going through is a 'down'. Reaction to his play was exactly the opposite from fans last year, especially in the first part of the season. The big question is, is a fan who stands behind him in good times and critises him in bad times, actually a fan?
                    I think I answered this already in another thread, but anyone who defends Andrea Bargnani is less of a fan of the Toronto Raptors (re: Andrea Bargnani being the main source of the problems of this team, other than Mr. Colangelo) than someone who disses said player.

Basically what you're saying is you're a bigger fan of Bargnani (and losing lots of games) than we are.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post

Basically what you're saying is you're a bigger fan of Bargnani (and losing lots of games) than we are.
                      It's what you're saying I'm saying. As far as what I'm saying is concerned, it's already been said.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X