Amnesty Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amnesty Bargnani

place this in whichever thread merits it. But I was playing around with the trade machine, and although many combinations and salaries work...who in the fuck would take Andrea Bargnani?

I came up with four teams that would be interested for different reasons.

Minnesota: Love doesn't like them. Kirilenko, Peckovic, and Rubio can hide him on defense and Adelmans system suits his strengths.

Houston: With Lin and Harden penetrating and able to keep their man in front of them and Asik manning the middle perhaps there is an opportunity for Bargs there. Perhaps we could land Royce White since we only show up for home games anyway.

Indiana: With Hibbert packing the paint, Bargnani could be well suited to a role their. We could finally pick up an above average 3

Lakers: It has been much discussed.

If we can't land a deal with any of these teams....we need to consider busting out the Amnesty
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

man id rather a 2nd rounder than to amnesty!

Besides id rather amnesty a TRULY untradeable, like Kleiza, who if not gone in a package, will likely net us zero.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Bad contracts BC has handed out: Hedo, Amir, Lenis, Andre, Landry. I say we amnesty BC for the rest of this year. No one should trust BC with a franchise ever again.

Comment

Why is Landry in that list? We traded for him, no? Is there an extension i don't know about?
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Why is Landry in that list? We traded for him, no? Is there an extension i don't know about?
          Landry Fields. Maybe I'm spelling his name wrong. No trade. BC put up a overpriced offer sheet on this second rounder who had a poor 2nd year. Someone call Trump cause our GM needs to here two words right now "You're Fired."

Comment

I don't think anyone wants to pay $10 mil a year for the next 2 years in exchange for a player that will weaken every single team in the NBA's defense. Amnesty AB at the end of the year and with Jose's contract expiring they will have roughly $20 mil that comes of the books. BC will then proceed to smile in front of the media and talk about how much money he has in the off season to sign some major talent, but will likely end up with an aging veteran well past his prime.

Hopefully he can use some of that $$ to load up on draft picks for 2014.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I don't think anyone wants to pay $10 mil a year for the next 2 years in exchange for a player that will weaken every single team in the NBA's defense. Amnesty AB at the end of the year and with Jose's contract expiring they will have roughly $20 mil that comes of the books. BC will then proceed to smile in front of the media and talk about how much money he has in the off season to sign some major talent, but will likely end up with an aging veteran well past his prime.

Hopefully he can use some of that $$ to load up on draft picks for 2014.
              The only hope is things get so bad in LA they too fall victim to the potential Bargnani has in their system with D12 backing him up.

Sadly, where ever Bargnani ends up he is likely to return to his near all-star status of last year.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Sadly, where ever Bargnani ends up he is likely to return to his near all-star status of last year.
                Momentarily, that is.

The novelty of his new surroundings will surely motivate him initially. But doing the "complicated stuff" (i.e. rebounding, rotating and boxing out) will soon get too taxing for Bargnani, and no other coach/GM would be willing to put up with such nonsense from a non-core player. Eventually, his minutes will be reduced (like they should've been in Toronto), and his numbers will suffer.

Comment

Sad, but true. Bargnani may finally be in the right situation to flourish.

The more likely scenario though is that the Lakers may want to trade for Jose instead, as he is already quite familiar with Gasol already from their national team. Jose would fill in for Nash, nicely and when Nash gets back would come of the bench which he is quite comfortable with as well. Also, his contract is coming off the books, so L.A. wouldn't be taking much of a risk with him. For this reason I hope BC can get back something of true value to which ever team he trades JC to.

Jose should be able to up huge assist numbers in L.A.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    The only hope is things get so bad in LA they too fall victim to the potential Bargnani has in their system with D12 backing him up.

I wholeheartedly disagree with the All-Star status. He simply is too one-dimensional to EVER be considered to be an all-star. With the Lakers, he's option 3 at best (4 realistically). Bargnani makes me forget about Vince (where he got us to the playoffs) and Bosh (where he got us to the playoffs). He's the one player I will never forget for all the wrong reasons.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Bargnani currently is better suited t be on a legit contender knocking down shots rather than be the center piece of a struggling team where when he isnt hitting his Jumpers the team is dead in the water. We dont have to get much for Bargs we just got to move out of this era.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        I wholeheartedly disagree with the All-Star status. He simply is too one-dimensional to EVER be considered to be an all-star. With the Lakers, he's option 3 at best (4 realistically). Bargnani makes me forget about Vince (where he got us to the playoffs) and Bosh (where he got us to the playoffs). He's the one player I will never forget for all the wrong reasons.
                        Which is why I said near all-star status. A guy who puts up 22 ppg on a winning team is usually going to be at least mentioned.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          U remember Hoffa LOL still easily the raps worst draft pick in recent memory..thats the player ill never forget for all the wrong reasons LOL we had a decent team then too & a REAL lotto pick type player like Iggy could have done wonders for us then..

as for this thread... maybe put this up after the trade deadline..its not helping anyone right now to be talking amnesty..1. cant do it till after this season 2. any team who has interest in him but arnt in win now mode may just wait & see if they think theres a chance of amnesty.. we should be focusing on trade partners..even if its rack of towels we get...its better then paying Bargs to play in Miami or LA
                          Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Dec 12, 2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I really think Bargnani is a trade-able player and for something not great, but pretty good. If amnestying him though makes sense, they should do it.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Profile wrote: View Post
                              Bad contracts BC has handed out: Hedo, Amir, Lenis, Andre, Landry. I say we amnesty BC for the rest of this year. No one should trust BC with a franchise ever again.
                              Amir is not on a bad contract. He's making a pretty acceptable amount for a decent rotation big, a guy who is capable of starting in case of injuries, but otherwise is a good 3rd big. He almost always plays with good energy, and he's making less of the mistakes that were a concern in his early years.
                              I agree with the rest though, and would even like to add at least a couple more: Jason Kapono (how was this not second on your list after Hedo? =P though Fields has the potential to take that spot), and Jarrett Jack. Jack wasn't really a bad contract, but such a useless signing in the end, because he basically didn't give us anything we hoped for and he made enough that it could've netted us a better fitting player. BC wastes money on guys for the wrong reasons. Lets give Jack a near mid-level to try and keep Bosh happy because they're friends. Lets sign Fields because it will screw NY...right, how's that working out Bryan?

Comment

Working...
                              X