Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky wrote: View Post
    Yep!

Does anyone really think Bargs can be traded for an asset or assets that would be of greater value to the Raptors than exercising the amnesty provision?

Under the new CBA, and given what Bargs brings, it is hard to envision any GM willing to make a trade that provides greater value to the Raptors than the cap flexibility the amnesty provision would.
    I think people forget how talented Bargnani is. He reminds me of Z. Randolph when he was on New York. Everyone had given up on him but look at him now. What he needs is some one who can motivate him. He

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
      dude. Andrea has torn a ligament in his shooting elbow and strained his shooting wrist. There are no deals being made for him.
      if im not mistaken plenty of NBA players have been delt even while injured...so its not completely out of the realm of possibility..although it is unlikely..

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
        Very interesting, if true. I doubt BC will be fired at this point in the season. I wonder if its Bargs getting amnestied. Is there any advantage to doing that now vs at the end of the season?
        Amnesty only occurs in July.

Comment

Profile wrote: View Post
          I think people forget how talented Bargnani is. He reminds me of Z. Randolph when he was on New York. Everyone had given up on him but look at him now. What he needs is some one who can motivate him. He
          You are probably right and everyone dying for a trade should be aware of that.

Comment

Sometimes the best motivation for a player is a trade. Billups is one example, was moved around until he got it right. I cringe using the example as it is so overused, but it is possible.

We know that a motivated Andrea can drop jaws, unfortunetally it only has happend for 13 games and resulted in him getting injured.

...that said it may be the best for all involved. Andrea may need a wake up call that he can only get at another franchise (away from Bryan/MG) and the Raptors may need to start looking at other big guys down low, that rebound and make work off of garbage buckets.

The Evens situation was an interesting one. Evens is a scrub, generally, but on our team he brought a side that was rarely seen and his role ended up being quite substantial. I think our club needs a bit more of that.

EDIT: If there is a player that has the tools to make us regret this trade, it is Andrea. The only question is if he can become a man by leaving the raptor nest, and keep the mindset for more than 13 games.
            Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Dec 13, 2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              i smell something! kind of smells like front st. on a rainy afternoon LOL
              Like Kensington market on a hot summer day.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Here's my prediction:

1. There's no trade happening at all. Bargs and Calderon will stay on for the rest of the year.
                2. BC ain't getting fired but will not be retained or renewed.
                3. Casey stays and is safer than BC.
                4. Gasol ain't coming here, Derrick Williams ain't coming here. There's a good chance hockey happens first before Bargs and Calderon are shipped out of town.

All opinions are mine of course. No sources, just hunches. That is all.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen
                  At end of regularly scheduled board luncheon, Bryan Colangelo, MLSE Board "informally discussed" state of Raptors. Story coming via @npsport

Brian Gerstein ‏@RaptorsDevotee
                  Smith and Jonesy were on PTS. They reported that the MLSE board met first with Casey, and then with Colangelo individually.

Comment

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...ronto_raptors/

According to multiple sources, a meeting of the Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment board took place on Thursday to discuss the state of the team.

It remains unknown what was discussed, who called it or whether the meeting was pre-scheduled. One team source described it as "a quick update" and that it involved team President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo giving the board a briefing on where the team currently stands.

With both coach Dwane Casey and general manager Bryan Colangelo taking heat over the Raptors disappointing start, some veteran Raptors players voiced their support for Casey and the job he has done with the team through their rough start to this season.
                    Ed Davis
                    "I think he's done a great job," Davis said. "Just starting with him being the same, not changing. Some coaches they might come in and don't speak. He always speaks to everybody, he's always been the same, the whole way since the first day that he got here and that helps a lot."

"It's definitely good when you can give the coach advice and say it in front of everyone and not behind closed doors," Davis said. "Coach is saying things in front of everyone and not behind closed doors. Little things like that help. It's always, when things go wrong, you always try to figure out what's wrong and we did it in front of everyone. We didn't do it, like, me talking to DeMar saying, 'I think it's this person or that,' we did it out in the open and I think that helped."
                    Demar Derozan
                    "(Casey)'s not pointing the finger, saying it's this person, it's this person," Davis explained. "He's not putting the blame off on people."

Fourth-year swingman DeMar DeRozan echoed Davis' thoughts after practice on Thursday.

"It's teaching you every day," DeRozan said about Casey's coaching methodology throughout the losing streak. "He's not letting up on a dude just because he's tired… just staying on you. Stuff like that. It's what helped us last year to be a good defensive team. Just staying on us, besides everything. It's been tough for him. With all the injuries to key players and he's still teaching us and working us at the same time. Once we get everybody back, I'm happy that Alan (Anderson) should be able to go tomorrow, little steps like that is going to help us out."
                    "A lot said between us and only we can say to each other," DeRozan explained. "Other times when you have meetings it's kind of a team meeting or something, that's self explanatory. What we had in Utah, that was between us, like a family."

"We really haven't had a full…nothing…with everybody," DeRozan said
                    "He's definitely been on us, but one thing he has been trying to keep us positive out of everything," DeRozan said. "It's easy to do whatever, to throw in the towel and not still be able to fight, like last night [with eight available bodies against Brooklyn], we had every excuse in the world. We could have went out and laid down, but you know. Just keeping us positive and keeping us working hard."

Comment

Funny how the vets are backing Casey which is fair. Who's backing BC? I assume no one after he threw his own coach under the bus for DC's apparent lack of attention to detail.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                        Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen
                        At end of regularly scheduled board luncheon, Bryan Colangelo, MLSE Board "informally discussed" state of Raptors. Story coming via @npsport

Brian Gerstein ‏@RaptorsDevotee
                        Smith and Jonesy were on PTS. They reported that the MLSE board met first with Casey, and then with Colangelo individually.
                        If true, that would probably be the safest thing for Colangelo. If I was Casey I would be mighty pissed off with Colangelo. Oh wait, I'm not Casey and I am already pissed off with Colangelo. That showed no class by Colangelo.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          if im not mistaken plenty of NBA players have been delt even while injured...so its not completely out of the realm of possibility..although it is unlikely..
                          I agree it has happened, but I don't think it is our secret that Andrea is an offense only type player and with two injuries to his shooting arm, I don't think a trade is going to happen. Isn\t there some sort of physical that he would have to pass to conclude the trade?

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                            I agree it has happened, but I don't think it is our secret that Andrea is an offense only type player and with two injuries to his shooting arm, I don't think a trade is going to happen. Isn\t there some sort of physical that he would have to pass to conclude the trade?
                            Id assume that they'd have to take a physical but dont have to pass...the team getting the player would have to agree to accept the players injury.. i think anyway..

Comment

Physicals can be waived.

They are sometimes used when teams get trade remorse, and their market is not swallowing the trade, it becomes your last option to ditch the deal as part of the terms.

We took JO with a wink wink physical. If teams know the risk they sometimes waive those physicals. Like when we traded Ford away.

Comment

Working...
                              X