Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Davis a top ten power forward?

From Tim Chrisolm

Did you know that Ed Davis was leading the Toronto Raptors in PER? After spending two seasons hovering around the league average, Davis has jumped up to a 20.8 rating early this season, and that has put him in the top-ten amongst NBA power forwards. That means that Davis has a higher Player Efficiency Rating than Kevin Garnett, Zach Randolph, Paul Millsap, Kevin Love and Serge Ibaka - the next five guys on the list.
    http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=411593

He goes on to point out the limited minutes and how Ed needs to prove himself in heavy minutes now but it is a pretty good stat. More evidence pointing to Ed Davis as the future of the Raps at power forward.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Regardless of this with exteneded Minutes Ed Davis should be a double double guy for us most nights which is just awesome. What more is there to say but LET ED PLAY!

Comment

Who cares?? Bargnani is our guy!!
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

A 13th overall pick gone terribly right.

Comment

A player that by all accounts was almost moved.

Comment

Yeah, right....we'll see how he does with starter minutes. Hopefully he thrives, I'll just be happy if he averages 10 and 10. I don't know if that makes him a top 10 PF, but really it just makes him above average PF statistically. Ed still makes some mistakes, and he's also still way too small to play his game, which is all around the basket, for 82 games as a starter. But if he plays decently, and learns what it'll take for him to reach a higher level, it could pay off big time next season...if he's still here.

Comment

Hoping Ed takes the opportunity and runs with it. That being said the names that are mentioned after him takes the whole top 10 PF out of the equation. If Ed plays hard and is focused night in and night out that's enough for me. Consistency is what has plagued this franchise.

Comment

No, we should stick with bargnani come hell or high water :P
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

I'm ready for anyone other than Bargnani.

Good luck, ED.

Comment

I love Ed Davis, always been a supporter. BUT, I really don't want to trade Amir Johnson either.

See ya later Primo!
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Hmm, let me think about this....

Comment

But seriously, this is the guy many were writing off last year and were willing to trade for other teams' stashed doodoo. PER is also overrated in my opinion.

His 12 rebounds didn't surprise me at all yesterday. But his offensive game looked a lot better, and his confidence to take those shots was impressive.

Comment

He has instincts you can't teach. Very accurate around the basket. Lots of guys that don't have the talent start off looking like gariatrics driving to the hoop. The kid makes it look effortless in traffic, with a lot of plays making you scratch your head on how he got his fingers on it.

A top PF is a PF that can score even though you know the ball is going to him. Bosh was capable of that. Ed Davis is a very productive power forward, but lets see him against starters before we get too excited. Also his consistency has improved this year, would like to make sure its legit.... lets see if he can maintain it.
                          Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Dec 13, 2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

All right, small sample size. Let's not get too carried away and then throw this kid under the bus once defences starts to figure out his game.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              All right, small sample size. Let's not get too carried away and then throw this kid under the bus once defences starts to figure out his game.
                              That is what TO fans do. Andrea December 2011 cries for All-Star appearance fast forward 2012 people happy he is hurt and hoping for amnesty. The roller coaster of emotion on this site is amazing reminds me of high school... For the record was a high school was a blast! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X