Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakers won 3 of last 12 Games. Why are us Raps fans upset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Guys im sorry, a loss for the lakers is SO much worse. They have no young development to look forward too. Every loss is a kick to the gonads, every loss to washington is a spit in the face, at least the raptors are supposed to lose and we can feel more pleased if Ed shows development than bargs going HAM to win us a game.
    You don't need development to look forward to when you've got a deep playoff run to look forward too.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      You don't need development to look forward to when you've got a deep playoff run to look forward too.
      And valuable assets to trade if necessary. And money to spend if necessary. And heavily desired location to exploit if necessary. And knack for fleecing other teams if necessary. And........

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
        I am enjoying the season so far, lots of side stories. JV growing as a player, TRoss, Davis.

My expectations were low. I thought the guy with the fancy collars was on the pipe when he said playoffs.
        You are a masochist. Raps games are unwatchable. Even the love for the game does not do the trick anymore. Turned off the last two games half way through. Never in my life have I turned off bball before... shame and embarrassment.

My expectations were watching a fight every night. Instead, I see my team schooled on a nightly basis.

Comment

It's good we can talk about the Lakers, because we can't really say the Knicks are garbage anymore and won't have a better record than the Raptors this year like we did in pre-season...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Except the guy with no arms AND no legs, is the Raptor fan....
            Yea.. I had a hard time with that analogy. It's hard to find solace when your team is struggling just because some other team is struggling. The Lakers can't stop anyone, but if they played the Raptors 82 times per year, every Laker would make it on the all-defensive team.

The real problem is that we're not Lakers fans. Well, at least not all of us are. (I think every Raptor fan needs to have a second team to cheer for, to keep us from falling into deep depression.)
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              The Heat went to the Finals first year and won it in their second. What do u mean?
              I meant that the Lakers are trying to copy the heat in that they wanted a super team. That's all.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                This thread is like going up to a war amputee with no legs and telling him you just saw a guy with no arms or legs, so he should feel happy.
                LOL, very extreme but I get where you're coming from.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Guys im sorry, a loss for the lakers is SO much worse. They have no young development to look forward too. Every loss is a kick to the gonads, every loss to washington is a spit in the face, at least the raptors are supposed to lose and we can feel more pleased if Ed shows development than bargs going HAM to win us a game.
                  Thank you very much. Those are the exact summary of what this thread was suppose to be. Well said.

Comment

I think it further underlines how special it was to have Carter and Bosh here. These sorts of chances don't come all the time and some times fans take the teams success for granted.

This is a difficult league. Players have their windows. Maybe this dificulty will allow us to cherish the success next time it comes around.

The Lakers are being used as the example, but Cleveland has been winning better picks than us, their rebuild should be that much further ahead. They are not anchored by a 3pt shooting center, yet they are not much better than us.

Comment

uuhhh the lakers have won almost 20 championships? how can you even compare? for the laker's it a trade here, a new coach there, you win a few and you lose a few but you'll be back up at the top soon...

We're so desperate for something positive to happen we actually have a thread trying to justify ED as a top 10 PF in this league just because he's played really well for 10 games.

Comment

Working...
                      X