Ding! Dong! Hollinger's gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ding! Dong! Hollinger's gone!

Our team may be terrible but at least we won't have to read about it from Hollinger anymore. In the words of DD....#Clown

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/87...s-front-office

In the words of DD "Definitely, ya definitely glad hes gone"

Comment

I like Hollinger. I wonder what he'll be doing with the Grizz exactly.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        VP basketball operations. I guess they like his stats.

Comment

The man was a staple for messege board discussions. Other analysts gave their opinions, Holinger gave you the numbers that he based his opinions on.

I think overall he was a positive contributor to pro basketball.
          Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Dec 14, 2012, 12:37 AM.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            didn't like him at first, but he was beginning to grow on me...

Comment

Hollinger always seemed to have Colangelo and the Raptors pegged. Maybe that's why he's not popular with some on this forum. Though not foolproof, Hollinger is the very best at evaluating NCAA talent for the NBA draft.

Comment

we can permanently kill any AB or DD rumours for Rudy Gay (or anyone else) on Memphis, as JH aint gonna let either of those deals happen ...

Comment

I can't help but feel that the Grizzlies are much better off with Hollinger on board.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I can't help but feel that the Grizzlies are much better off with Hollinger on board.
                    Basketball is slowly going the way of baseball where you need to have strong scouting and analytics groups if you want to be successful. With the harder cap coming, being creative and innovative is going to be crucial.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      Basketball is slowly going the way of baseball where you need to have strong scouting and analytics groups if you want to be successful. With the harder cap coming, being creative and innovative is going to be crucial.
                      My thoughts exactly.

Hollinger = Jonah Hill

Comment

I found his numbers only truly worked to show the impact that star players had and did a piss poor job on middle tier guys, but I'm also of the school that believes basketball is one of those sports that can't be quantified with numbers and that the roles that are necessary on a team don't allow it to be properly analyzed with pure stats the way you could in baseball for example.

Comment

Good luck to him.

It will be interesting to see him have an opportunity to put his money where his mouth is - so to speak.

Comment

Hollinger gets promoted to one of the most exclusive jobs in the world, running one of the best teams in the NBA, and gets paid millions to do it.

Raptors fans think they got last laugh.

Comment

Working...
                            X