No announcement yet.

How will Wiggins change this franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiggins = basketball Jesus. The potential franchise savior is a long shot to be drafted by the Raptors but there is always the future, looking forward.

Comment

Andrew Wiggins and his Huntington Prep team will be playing in Hamilton next Sunday, Feb. 17 according to Doug Smith:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...tive_play.html

Comment

Lowry
        Wiggins
        Derozan
        Gay
        JV

Would be a nice small-ball lineup to go with, damn that could be a crazy lineup.

Or move DeRozan, and then end up with Millsap or a true PF, and move Gay to the 3.

Comment

Not gonna happen. If the Raps are primed to he a playoff team next year, they won't have a chance for luck with the lottery balls. I don't see Bargnani or even DeRozan landing a 1st round pick from a likely lottery team, given the loaded draft in 2014.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
            Lowry
            Wiggins
            Derozan
            Gay
            JV

Would be a nice small-ball lineup to go with, damn that could be a crazy lineup.

Or move DeRozan, and then end up with Millsap or a true PF, and move Gay to the 3.
            Wiggins plays SF and is already taller than Derozan.

Comment

If we somehow land Andrew Wiggins and he lives up to the hype, he will change our franchise as we know it. He will have the same impact Vince Carter had in putting the Raptors on the map. We will have nationally televised games in the States. David Stern will elevate us to status we haven't seen in a while in terms of marketing and referee favoring.

Essentially, we will be the next OKC in terms of hype. For Canadian basketball, his presence will elevate basketball to another level, impacting every aspect of Canadian basketball from the grassroots level and up. As Vince Carter paved the way for the Tristan Thompson's and Andrew Nicholson, several years from now, as more Canadians enter the league, you will get "I wanted to be like Andrew Wiggins."

That said, it's a LONG SHOT. Even if the Raptors completely change directions, trade off all assets for future picks, completely tank next year, pray for the #1 pick assuming he is the consensus #1 overall. Then, add another 3 years of more tanking and building and developing and establishing assets. So we are looking at a 5 year time frame from this season. It's a BIG risk and I'm not sure it's worth going after.

If this was an automatic #1 pick for the worst team in the league, then I would advocate for the move. But seeing Mr. Stern has a lot to say in such events, the probability of pulling it off is very small. I'm still a believer that he rewards teams who are in need of a "bail out" in order to be financially sustainable in the long run.
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
              X