Mike Conley w/ a quote equally relevant to the Raps as Grizz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If you are talking wins and look beyond the last 25 games, you'll see Calderon has been the predominant starter for 5 years and no playoff appearances. Lowry

Calderon is a good player but he hasn't led Toronto to the playoffs and he is only getting older.

Lowry has not been to the playoffs either but in the last 2 years he was predominant starter in Houston and they finished above .500 each season in the WEST.
    +1. Everyones turning on Lowry already, it's crazy

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
      +1. Everyones turning on Lowry already, it's crazy
      LoL

It is RaptorsRepublic!

Comment

JB5 wrote: View Post
        i dont even know why this is a topic.. for everyone that is saying calderon is just as good defensively as lowry and he's better out there for the raptors then lowry your crazy.. you must not have been around to watch this bum try an run our team for the past 6 years, get rid of him and that ridiculous contract and send bargs right with him.. calderon he cant play man to man, he needs his team to help him, he is so slow.. and im tired of watching bargs throw up ridiculous 3's and shooting ridiculous percentages for a power forward.. im actually just tired lol
        In agreement.

Comment

If you are talking wins and look beyond the last 25 games, you'll see Calderon has been the predominant starter for 5 years and no playoff appearances. Lowry

Calderon is a good player but he hasn't led Toronto to the playoffs and he is only getting older.

Lowry has not been to the playoffs either but in the last 2 years he was predominant starter in Houston and they finished above .500 each season in the WEST.
          Exactly. People need to look at total body of work for JC. Don't get too high with two nice wins. Be realistic , look at the big picture.

Comment

I think comparing records of the two point guards is nutso. Unless your name is Westbrook, Nash or Rose, I'm not looking for a point guard to carry us into the playoffs. Just play hard and run our offense please. Derek Fisher's teams have averaged 49 wins, and that includes two lockout-shortened seasons, one of which only had 50 games. Does that mean we should trade for him? If anyone says yes, please go away.

For Jose, Colangelo's been trying to replace him ever since he's been our GM. And time and time again, Jose has stepped up and played amazing basketball. His defense isn't the best, but tell me one other flaw that he has. Other than being overpaid (not his fault), I can't think of any.

For Lowry, I've heard he's a top 10 PG who for brief moments in a young career has played at an all-star level. I still see Mike James. I do see that he's a good rebounder, but if we're trading Bargnani then a rebounding point guard is no longer a pressing need. He plays aggressively on defense, but that doesn't seem to always equate with having a good defensive game. But he's still young and I hope he'll grow into his role a bit better.

I'm on the fence in terms of which needs to go, but right now it just makes more sense to trade Calderon because he is expiring and he's a very serviceable guy. I can think of a dozen teams that could use him, provided they're able to make cap room space to fit him in. Most teams would be extremely fortunate to have him. He's a good trade piece and you are getting a guy that will do exactly what you think he will do for you.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              I think comparing records of the two point guards is nutso. Unless your name is Westbrook, Nash or Rose, I'm not looking for a point guard to carry us into the playoffs. Just play hard and run our offense please. Derek Fisher's teams have averaged 49 wins, and that includes two lockout-shortened seasons, one of which only had 50 games. Does that mean we should trade for him? If anyone says yes, please go away.

For Jose, Colangelo's been trying to replace him ever since he's been our GM. And time and time again, Jose has stepped up and played amazing basketball. His defense isn't the best, but tell me one other flaw that he has. Other than being overpaid (not his fault), I can't think of any.

For Lowry, I've heard he's a top 10 PG who for brief moments in a young career has played at an all-star level. I still see Mike James. I do see that he's a good rebounder, but if we're trading Bargnani then a rebounding point guard is no longer a pressing need. He plays aggressively on defense, but that doesn't seem to always equate with having a good defensive game. But he's still young and I hope he'll grow into his role a bit better.

I'm on the fence in terms of which needs to go, but right now it just makes more sense to trade Calderon because he is expiring and he's a very serviceable guy. I can think of a dozen teams that could use him, provided they're able to make cap room space to fit him in. Most teams would be extremely fortunate to have him. He's a good trade piece and you are getting a guy that will do exactly what you think he will do for you.
              I'm looking for a point guard to help contribute to making the playoffs. Jose has not done that in 5 years.

Comment

Working...
              X