Any Trade that Went Down Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Trade that Went Down Today

Ever since I was little, I have this anxiety problem with a lot of things, kind of like Royce White with the Houston Rockets with his airplane problems, my anxiety problem as of now has to do with the trade, it's 5:00pm and I see no trades pulling through in every single teams in the NBA, I mean what's going on! Please, please, trade Bargs + Calderon + fillers for one of Love, Gasol, T.Evans, E.Gordon, Derrick Williams, others, please, I'm a bit anxious now.

I was just reading on hoopshype that the twolves are dying to trade Derrick Williams, to the point that they're willing to take on whatever just to make it happen - kind of like us and Bargs.

Interesting, I think. I wonder if you could get a first rounder (say, 2014) out of them too.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Same article said raps were shopping Bargs HARD, tho doubtful anything happens while he's injured.

Word is Jose is being shopped too, though not as furiously. I think the team has to be smart with it, he's probably the best trade chip on the team not named JV.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm looking at the twitter feeds for the R.A Dickey to Toronto trade. Any minute now and we will be WS Contenders.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
          I'm looking at the twitter feeds for the R.A Dickey to Toronto trade. Any minute now and we will be WS Contenders.
          +1

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
            I don't like the trade. Giving up top prospects for a 38 year old pitcher. Sorry, that's a dumb trade in my books.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

lol..

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                I was just reading on hoopshype that the twolves are dying to trade Derrick Williams, to the point that they're willing to take on whatever just to make it happen - kind of like us and Bargs.

Interesting, I think. I wonder if you could get a first rounder (say, 2014) out of them too.
                2013 first round draft pick from Memphis
                Memphis' own 2013 1st round pick to Minnesota via Houston (top 14 protected in the 2013 Draft, top 14 protected in 2014, top 14 protected in 2015, and top 14 protection in 2016 Draft). If Minnesota via Houston has not yet received this first round pick by the 2016 draft, then so long as Memphis' own 2016 2nd round pick is among the top 55 picks then Minnesota via Houston shall instead receive (1) Memphis' own 2016 2nd round pick and (2) cash. If, however, Minnesota via Houston has not yet received this first round pick by the 2016 draft, but Memphis' own 2016 2nd round pick is not among the top 55 picks then Minnesota via Houston shall instead receive (1) Toronto's own 2016 second round pick via Memphis and (2) cash. [Houston - Memphis, 2/24/2011 and then Houston - Minnesota, 6/24/2011]

2013 first round draft pick to Phoenix
                Minnesota's own 2013 1st round pick to Phoenix (Top-13 Protected in the 2013 NBA Draft, top-13 protected in 2014, top-12 protected in 2015 and top-12 protected in the 2016 NBA Draft). However, if Minnesota is entitled to receive Memphis' own 1st round pick (top 14 protected in the 2013 Draft, top 14 protected in 2014, top 14 protected in 2015, and top 14 protected in the 2016 Draft) via Houston, then Minnesota shall convey the less favorable of the two picks to Phoenix. [Minnesota-New Orleans-Phoenix, 7/27/2012]
                http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

I am not sure if Minnesota can trade a 2014 pick until their obligation to Phoenix is fulfilled.

However, if Toronto could get Williams and a 2014 first round pick for Bargnani, I would be ECSTATIC!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

I am not sure if Minnesota can trade a 2014 pick until their obligation to Phoenix is fulfilled.

However, if Toronto could get Williams and a 2014 first round pick for Bargnani, I would be ECSTATIC!
                  He has been a bit of a bust so far, would you be willing to give up on ed davis for this?

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                    He has been a bit of a bust so far, would you be willing to give up on ed davis for this?
                    I'm not convinced that Williams cannot play SF.

He has shed pounds, he had nasal surgery last summer. He is just in Adelman's doghouse and was never wanted in Minnesota. He has put up some exceptional numbers in games when given minutes. Honestly, I am surprised he has done as well as he has considering one night he could play 30mins, then not get in a game for 3-4 games, only to get 10 minutes or less for the next 3-4 games. He was taken because he was deemed the #2 overall talent in the that draft. Minnesota was trying to trade the pick before the draft and has been trying to trade him since the draft.

But to answer your question, I didn't say anything about giving on Ed Davis. Williams and a 2014 pick would have to be considered a nice return on Bargnani at this point in time.... or am I just overly jaded?

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      I don't like the trade. Giving up top prospects for a 38 year old pitcher. Sorry, that's a dumb trade in my books.
                      Especially when D'Arnaud could become a poor man's Buster Posey. Don't like the trade AT ALL. But I digress. I'm REALLY interested in Derrick Williams. I like his game.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

I would love to get Derrick Williams for AB.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I'm not convinced that Williams cannot play SF.

He has shed pounds, he had nasal surgery last summer. He is just in Adelman's doghouse and was never wanted in Minnesota. He has put up some exceptional numbers in games when given minutes. Honestly, I am surprised he has done as well as he has considering one night he could play 30mins, then not get in a game for 3-4 games, only to get 10 minutes or less for the next 3-4 games. He was taken because he was deemed the #2 overall talent in the that draft. Minnesota was trying to trade the pick before the draft and has been trying to trade him since the draft.

But to answer your question, I didn't say anything about giving on Ed Davis. Williams and a 2014 pick would have to be considered a nice return on Bargnani at this point in time.... or am I just overly jaded?
                          Williams for AB straight up might work. I highly doubt t wolves will give up pick as well for AB....

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            Williams for AB straight up might work. I highly doubt t wolves will give up pick as well for AB....
                            Which is why I would be ECSTATIC.

Wolves don't want Bargnani though. The names floating around about the WOlves are Varejo and Gasol. I don't see any similarities between those players and Bargnani. Plus if the Wolves took on Bargnani they would not be able to trade him for 3 months unless they sent him out on his own but then the numbers would not add up to receive Gasol.

The closest Bargnani gets to Minny is via a 3-way with LA.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Especially when D'Arnaud could become a poor man's Buster Posey. Don't like the trade AT ALL. But I digress. I'm REALLY interested in Derrick Williams. I like his game.
                              A knuckleballer who just had his best year at 38. Led the league in strikeouts. Can probably pitch for as long as he wants, at least 10 years. No I'm not joking. His delivery doesn't place the stress on his body that most pitchers experience. It would give them a starting five that could be the best in baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X