No announcement yet.

Any Trade that Went Down Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering about a 3-way trade with Tor/LA/Min without Bargnani, to land Williams in Toronto, maybe along these lines. I imagine Toronto could include some of their 2nd round picks to the Lakers as well.

ESPN Trade Machine link: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cevh8xh

Probably not I know, but just messing around

Comment

At this point, I would take a 2nd round pick to get Bargnani off the team. He really needs to go.

Comment

#bringDerrickWilliamshere

A little long I know. As for his role on the team - a small forward. I think he can play there. Shed a few more pounds. He has a perimeter game as well.

Lowry, DeRozan, Williams, Davis, Valanciunas - WOW!
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Will someone please explain the fascination with Derrick Williams to me?

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            Will someone please explain the fascination with Derrick Williams to me?
            He is better than Bargnani in more ways than one. How's that for a start?

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Being better than a guy who has been absolute shit this season doesn't exactly excite me. The guy can't get off the bench in Minnesota, and you think he'll come here and be a star?

Comment

Being better than a guy who has been absolute shit this season doesn't exactly excite me. The guy can't get off the bench in Minnesota, and you think he'll come here and be a star?
                You're right, you got me, let's keep the 7-footer that can't rebound and defend. I'm happy to see that rational people still frequent this site. Can't get off the pine? Ask Adelman and Love (who's got a lock in the position btw).

Comment

If James Johnson was capable of being a starting small forward for the Raptors after being in the Bulls' doghouse prior the trade, I don't see why D-Will can't do the same. By the way, I still think James Johnson was better than any of our scrubs at the 3 this year.

The good thing about D-Will is he can shoot the ball and has also shown the ability to score and go off on a given night.

Trade Lowry for Bledsoe and call it a rebuild. Tank away and see you in 3 years with Wiggins.
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    You're right, you got me, let's keep the 7-footer that can't rebound and defend. I'm happy to see that rational people still frequent this site. Can't get off the pine? Ask Adelman and Love (who's got a lock in the position btw).
                    I didn't say we should keep Bargnani, and I don't know why you're resorting to a semi-personal attack on me.

If you play williams as a 4, I don't see him providing much more than Bargnani, and I'm not convinced he's got the ability to play the 3. After 7 years of Bargnani I want a traditional 4 and a traditional 3, not a tweener.

Having said that, I understand he has talent (he was the 2nd pick, after all). I could get behind a trade to acquire him, I just think there are some overly optimistic views on him right now. He hasn't shown me that he'd be a star here, thats all.

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                      If James Johnson was capable of being a starting small forward for the Raptors after being in the Bulls' doghouse prior the trade, I don't see why D-Will can't do the same. By the way, I still think James Johnson was better than any of our scrubs at the 3 this year.

The good thing about D-Will is he can shoot the ball and has also shown the ability to score and go off on a given night.

Trade Lowry for Bledsoe and call it a rebuild. Tank away and see you in 3 years with Wiggins.
                      Thing about James Johnson is that he was actually a decent player, but had some serious issues with discipline and/or respecting his coaches. It's unfortunate but even though he's probably better than Anderson / Kleiza / Fields, he wouldn't have helped us in the end.

Comment

So we are not going to take a shot a former second overall pick who has tremendous upside, can play a position that we a really weak at, and who is only 21 years old. Plus all we have to give up is a guy we were thinking of amnestying anyway? Now I'm sure the deal would be more complicated than just that but I think any deal where we send out Bargnani and get back Williams is like striking gold for us.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I didn't say we should keep Bargnani, and I don't know why you're resorting to a semi-personal attack on me.

If you play williams as a 4, I don't see him providing much more than Bargnani, and I'm not convinced he's got the ability to play the 3. After 7 years of Bargnani I want a traditional 4 and a traditional 3, not a tweener.

Having said that, I understand he has talent (he was the 2nd pick, after all). I could get behind a trade to acquire him, I just think there are some overly optimistic views on him right now. He hasn't shown me that he'd be a star here, thats all.
                          Not meant as a semi-personal attack. I came on strong just as much as you did. Sorry. I never mentioned that he'd be a star here. I just mentioned that he'd be better than Bargs, who also happens to not be a star here either. He's backing up Kirilenko at the 3 so to say he can't do it is ludicrous. I think he can get past him being undersized (not comparing him to Barkley) but he is versatile. No one knows why he can't get off the pine in Minny and people in the know is not putting him up as a bust. He's agile and rebounds. That I know. He can score inside and out, that I know. Beyond that, it's speculation. I still think he will be better than Bargs overall.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            Not meant as a semi-personal attack. I came on strong just as much as you did. Sorry. I never mentioned that he'd be a star here. I just mentioned that he'd be better than Bargs, who also happens to not be a star here either. He's backing up Kirilenko at the 3 so to say he can't do it is ludicrous. I think he can get past him being undersized (not comparing him to Barkley) but he is versatile. No one knows why he can't get off the pine in Minny and people in the know is not putting him up as a bust. He's agile and rebounds. That I know. He can score inside and out, that I know. Beyond that, it's speculation. I still think he will be better than Bargs overall.
                            Fair enough.

As I said, I can get behind acquiring him, I just think that if we're to get him, we need to keep our expectations reasonable. We need to find a star in the draft, that's our best bet.

Comment

Kevin Love and Derrick Williams for Andrea Bargnani, Jonas Valanciunas and Linas Kleiza. What about that?

Comment

Raúl wrote: View Post
                                Kevin Love and Derrick Williams for Andrea Bargnani, Jonas Valanciunas and Linas Kleiza. What about that?
                                I feel like slapping you for mentioning Jonas in any trade scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X