Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee / Toronto

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dx7a5kc

Toronto: Jennings + Gooden + first rounder (with protections)
    Milwaukee: Lowry + Amir

Why Toronto:
    Lowry is 26 and will be a free agent after next season. He is arguably a better player than Jennings but he may not be the right piece for the Raptors team going forward as he may be peaking in the next couple of years (when we really try to contend) or he may explore free agency (and is unrestricted). Gooden is 31, but would need to be included to be able to obtain a draft pick from Milwaukee. I don't think that pick could be obtained without restrictions, but a pick is a pick, and it can always be traded to move up in the draft, etc.

Jennings is an RFA so we can match any offer in the off season (and most teams already have their PG, so I don't see to many offers), plus he has great chemistry with DeMar already. He is also only 23 so would still be a piece we can build with even 2 to 3 years from now.

Why Milwaukee:
    Milwaukee doesn't appear to be rebuilding, so a 26 year old PG could be a nice fit. Jennings was not given an extension and Jennings may not like that, so even though he's an RFA he may prefer to play elsewhere. Could be smart to cut that cord now. It has been rumoured that the Bucks want to move Gooden. Amir in my opinion is an upgrade. He's younger and can play both PF and C. The pick would have restrictions on it so if they do fail to make the playoffs and they win the lottery it would come back to them so it might be worthwhile to give up a guaranteed contract, especially since the past few draft picks haven't really panned out for them.

I would consider this trade seeing how much Jennings has upgraded his game especially in his passing game. The only thing is that if we trade Lowry, I want Calderon to stay. On an unrelated note, I'm surprised that this trade doesn't include Bargnani...

Comment

Working...
    X