Why do we want to trade Jose again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we want to trade Jose again?

Jose has looked amazing in a starters role so far and with Andrea out we have a good defensive group behind him to make up for when he gets beat. Right now I would much rather see Jose extended and running this team long term than Lowry and Bargs.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

and he wants to be here in Toronto (hint bargnani). You could tell he was having a blast during the post-game interview as well, nice to see a player enjoying to play

Comment

We cannot extend him at 10 mil, thats for sure.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

for Calderon I would do 3 years @ up to 18 million with a fourth year team option
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Yeah I would do a 6 MIL/Year deal,

Would Calderon?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

#extendJose

Comment

Well, extend Jose if he accepts his backup role, and limited minutes. Because when Kyle Lowry comes back I think we have to stick with him as our true starting point guard, at least for now.

It's funny how 2 weeks ago everybody wanted him out since it was supposedly impossible to make them both play together, but now, after a couple really good games with Jose as our starting point guard, we want him extended again.

Anyway, I'll keep saying that if he accepts less money and less minutes, we can't get a better backup point guard, who's that much of a leader.

Comment

Wasn't necessarily being serious. But honestly, Jose has been FAR better at the point than Lowry this season. Lowry hasn't run the team well at all.

Comment

Trade him while he has value, he is not coming back next year.

Comment

this is crazy, he goes off and everyone is loving him.. Jose is a backup point gaurd unless its on a team like miami where they have 2 superstars.. #josesucks

Comment

Way too early to write off Lowry after just 15 games with a new team, several of which he was playing injured. He's definitely got some growing to do as a player (not so much in terms of his talent, but in learning how to run a team and be a leader), but his upside is still tremendous. I'm not totally sold on him being our PG of the future, but it makes more sense to plan on him leading this team in 4 years, rather than banking on a 35-year-old Calderon.

I don't think you automatically trade Calderon, but if the Raptors get a great offer, then yes, you pull the trigger on that, and probably still make him a $6 million offer in the offseason if he hits free agency. And realistically, the team acquiring him is more likely to be thinking a pure rental, rather than a long-term acquisition.

Comment

JB5 wrote: View Post
                        this is crazy, he goes off and everyone is loving him.. Jose is a backup point gaurd unless its on a team like miami where they have 2 superstars.. #josesucks

Comment

we might as well extend alan anderson and sign him to a big deal.. he did have 24 points tonight, our new go to guy..

Comment

Derozan just said that since he has been with the team, he has only seen Jose upset once, "he is the tim tebow of the group, always upbeat and in a good mood, just a good dude"

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                              Way too early to write off Lowry after just 15 games with a new team, several of which he was playing injured. He's definitely got some growing to do as a player (not so much in terms of his talent, but in learning how to run a team and be a leader), but his upside is still tremendous. I'm not totally sold on him being our PG of the future, but it makes more sense to plan on him leading this team in 4 years, rather than banking on a 35-year-old Calderon.

I don't think you automatically trade Calderon, but if the Raptors get a great offer, then yes, you pull the trigger on that, and probably still make him a $6 million offer in the offseason if he hits free agency. And realistically, the team acquiring him is more likely to be thinking a pure rental, rather than a long-term acquisition.
                              Oh for sure, I'm not saying Lowry isn't capable of improvement, but so far Jose has shown a much better ability to run a team. Lowry plays too much hero-ball. Hopefully he can get healthy and then get better acquainted with his teammates. He's got to trust them more.

Comment

Working...
                              X