Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AB to San Antonio?!

Source
    Bargs for Stephen Jackson, we get a chucker for a chucker and cap relief for the future. An expiring contract, great defender, for some dead weight.

Coach Pop is the only coach in the league IMO who can whip Bargs' lazy ass into game ready mentality.

I don't know maybe some picks will go as well, elaborate.....
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

I like it a lot. Although Captain Jax is getting old and the fact that he has never been much of a leader, he can definitely play and maybe a new scenario would rejuvenate his career.

As for Bargnani in San Antonio, I think he could fit really well in their system, as a stretch 4 like Matt Bonner but with more skills.

I would do it.

Comment

like it. Jackson generally gives his best right after a change of scene.

Comment

I've never really liked Stephen Jackson, for when he was on a team without someone to put him under his head (Indiana, Golden State), he would get into some trouble.

He's an if for me, but if Casey holds a guy like him accountable, and we do have a couple of good vets in Pietrus, Gray, Calderon who could really hold a guy like him accountable, than I wouldn't have a huge problem. He is a guy that plays hard for his team though, and really protects guys if he feels they've been disrespected, but doesn't care too much for the opposition...
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Don't think we have the personnel to keep Jackson in check, trade demands are inevitable.

Comment

20 million coming off the books this summer? ooh lala!

Good idea, its like amnestying Bargs, but with a year vet rental at SF to hold together our development.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I like the idea, just not the trade. Jackson isn't the guy you want in your locker room. I could write a novel about all the shit he's got in trouble for but don't wanna waste anyone's time. The amnesty is use it or lose it. If I had the choice I'd ride out the year with bargs then amnesty him, rather than ride out the year with a locker room cancer/old washed up player.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                Don't think we have the personnel to keep Jackson in check, trade demands are inevitable.
                he could be included in a deadline deal to a contender. former champion who plays d and hits 3s, rebounds and working for his next contract would entice teams

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c9bvsog

Let's do it all in the same trade

Comment

difference between bonner and bargs is bonner knows his role and works hard. Bargs may be skilled but is not a hard worker. No way Pops wants anything to do with AB.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Bargs + Calderon + Kleiza for Jackson + K.Leonard + D.Blair + 2013+2014 1st round picks, sure yeah

Comment

nah Stephan Jackson is pretty much on the downside of his career & we already got Alan Anderson as the chucker on this team, Bargs still have some value & its not worth to just shed salary. Add this guy to the mix and now we are talking:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d4rl2am

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                          Bargs + Calderon + Kleiza for Jackson + K.Leonard + D.Blair + 2013+2014 1st round picks, sure yeah
                          as much as i would like a straight jackson for bargs trade. i am with ten for the win. his option is way better for us. we get jackson and leonard. winner

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, the spurs could really use an upgrade like Calderon for Tony Parker...
                            Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bohty4d

lot's of risk but I actually want cousins on the raps

Comment

Working...
                              X