Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto - Utah - Minnesota

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d9xp4jt

Gotta be honest, I'm extremely bored, and I'm willing to acquire a sack of potatoes and Kwame Brown for Andrea Bargnani with the way we are playing without him.

Anyways, this is my proposed deal:

Toronto Receives: Paul Millsap, Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour.
    Toronto Sends: Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani.

Minnesota Receives: Jose Calderon, Enes Kanter, Gordon Hayward.
    Minnesota sends: Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea, Chase Budinger.

Utah Receives: Andrea Bargnani, J.J. Barea, Chase Budinger.
    Utah sends: Enes Kanter, Gordon Hayward, EDIT* Paul Milsap (Thanks Enlightenment!)

Minnesota is able to receive Jose Calderon, whilst they were fairly strong at the point position, Jose Calderon and Ricky Rubio should allow a very good guard tandem, both at which are very good at getting others involved. With a team of Pekovic, Love, Hayward entering the scene, the team's offense should improve drastically with the ball movement, and fundamental play. Not to mention, Jose's expiring 10$ million at the end of the season, they can either resign for cheaper as a veteran back-up/mentor to Rubio, or they are able to open 10$ million of cap space. Also, they're able to find a partner willing to acquire Derrick Williams.

Utah can open up their log jam at the power forward, allowing them to have Favors, and Bargnani the two main pieces at that position. Bargnani will be able to open up the floor on a more free lance offense, and Favors will get consistent minutes whether starting, or coming off the bench. J.J. Barea is a solid back-up point guard, and also a solid, capable starter. Mo Williams and J.J. Barea are two uptempo scoring guards that work well within an offense that moves up and down. Also able to find answers to their wing production in Chase Budinger, who had a solid season in Houston before signing with Minnesota.

Toronto may be in another wing hunt, and while Derrick Williams is a tweener, there's no doubt he's very capable of playing the 3. Capable of playing outside, or inside. Solid ball-handling, athletic, and a solid defensive player. Potential and talent is there, just needs the minutes to perform. Paul Milsap is a border-line all-star power forward, who is undersized, but definitely plays big. Rebounding, defense, inside presence, he'll give it to you. Luke Ridnour than filling the back-up guard to Lowry. I wouldn't want Lucas being a full-time backup.

Go ahead and trash it, lol. Just want to start reading something interesting other than #tradebargnani, #firebc, #firecasey threads....
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Dec 18, 2012, 12:44 AM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Edit, Utah is also sending Milsap!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Overall I like it. Im not sure Utah fully bites, but this is heaven for a Toronto fan!
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Overall I like it. Im not sure Utah fully bites, but this is heaven for a Toronto fan!
        Yeah, I think J.J. Barea and Budinger are really, really nice pieces, but it's whether Bargnani can make a positive impact, or if he'll be a negative impact. Especially with a young team, risks are hard to get rid of when they don't live up.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
        X