• Show
Clear All

• Would you make these trades ?

Sacramento looking to deal.
    Would you trade:[*]Bargnani[*]Lowry[*]Ross
    for[*]Cousins[*]Evans[*]Salmon

And continuing on our quest to get an elite SF trade:[*]DeRozen[*]Salmon
    for [*]Gay

I don't like these trades at all. Evans has been struggling mightily, Cousins is a hot head and Salmons snubbed us before, as well as not being a very good player. I really think Ross is gonna be a good NBAer, and don't want to see him go...however for the right package (certainly not this one) I would.

Even if that trade went down, I doubt Memphis does that trade.

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
      Sacramento looking to deal.
      Would you trade:[*]Bargnani[*]Lowry[*]Ross
      for[*]Cousins[*]Evans[*]Salmon

And continuing on our quest to get an elite SF trade:[*]DeRozen[*]Salmon
      for [*]Gay
      Cousins is a 20 & 10 type guy so I don't see Sacramento letting him go regardless of his immaturity. Perhaps a straight swap of Bargs for Evans but we're already two deep at sg

Comment

I was about to say I'd so them but on further consideration, no, I don't like either of these. In the first trade the only piece who is an upgrade is Cousins, and he's crazy. I don't think Evans isn't any better than Derozan and Salmons is pretty bad. I'd love to have Gay but I think a starting 5 of:

Calderon
        Evans
        Gay
        Ed Davis
        Cousins

Isn't going to do much better than our current roster. I like the idea of Bargnani for Cousins somehow though.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

evans and cousins? no thanks. DMC is an empty headed stat stuffer and Evans USED to be but now he's just empty headed and rarely stuffs the statline. Salmons is done. Plus they are toxic. You cannot overlook that fact if you want to build a winner.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Agree with not wanting any part of Cousins and Salmons, but Evans just seems like a guy whose in a bad situation. Clearly he has talent. If he could play pg I wouldn't mind giving it a shot but I don't think he can

Comment

Plus Salmons has an awful contract. One of the worst in the league.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Evans is broken down goods..Cousins is clearly worse off mentally then Beasley so doubt BC has any interest there & salmons is Garbage & besides he pulled a fast one on the raps a few years back & i doubt theyd want any part of him either..

The Gay trade is the only one BC would have to think about but Memphis isnt going to trade him just yet i dont think..

Comment

Too worried Cousins is toxic. Wouldn't take Evans over Demar at this point...Evans clearly has loads of talent but has regressed since his rookie year. Demar on the other hand, was really really raw when he came in with an unknown ceiling, but assumed to be high because of his physical tools. Demar really was just a line drive dunker in his first year. He couldn't do anything else. He still has flaws, but every year he improves a bit on one or many of them.
                  I don't particularly want Salmons, but I would take him back for Bargs if they also give us a 1st rd pick. I know that sounds odd, but Bargs could fit in nicely next to Cousins in terms of skills...of course it would also be the oddest frontcourt duo in the league personality-wise. And while I would hate to see Jose sent there, I don't care about Bargs, because, well, it's not like he'd care either.
                  I'm also not a big fan of Gay's. He's highly paid, and hasn't really done anything to warrant it. I really don't want him on his escalating contract that hits over 19 million in 2014/15. If anyone who wants Gay thinks Demar's contract is bad, how can they justify being a fan of Rudy's?
                  Quick recap: the only version of this I'd do is Salmons + 1st rd pick for Bargnani

Comment

Cousins is the type of kid that might not ever come out of it (grow up). You might be get 2-3 truly good years out of him and then he'll be near the time when he's past his prime and he'll have some comments about regrets of his earlier (wasted) years. That's kind of how I see his career going.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

I have Cousins in my NBA Fantasy team, and i hate his poor shooting percentage. He looks lazier than Bargnani and I think he should play more inside... But i would make this
                      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

What about this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d5478m8 ? We could acquire their first rounder too
                        (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          Plus Salmons has an awful contract. One of the worst in the league.
                          Actually it's not bad.. according to shamsports his last year is only partially guaranteed (so could be waived for only $1M). So you could think of him as an expiring contract next year essentially. You would still have to owe him $7.5M next season though which would be the main reason why Sacramento would do a deal like this.

I would take on a bad contract for another pick. Salmons could rot on the bench (and he deserves it for not wanting to play in Toronto so many years back). I'd be in favour of a deal like this but I don't see Bryan doing it.

Bryan doesn't like head cases.. and if you looked up head case in the dictionary you'd see Cousins face.

Comment

I'd take Cousins in under 5 seconds flat! Especially for Bargnani.

Is he nuts...it's looking more and more that way, is Keith Smart a terrible coach, almost certain. So who's to blame?

I think a guy like Casey could foster all the great talents out of DMC and help him taper the craziness, but this is pure speculation on my part. Either way I'd take the gamble instead of Baron Blackhole von NoFeelings (Bargs)...really what's the harm, either way we'd be screwed.

Evans I'd pass on, too bad too, coulda been a contender.

Salmons has hit the wall and I doubt there is any recoupe in his future. He's a bag of overpaid gym socks at this point.

Either way, the Kings don't want our garbage, and we likely don't want there's, so I think it's a dead deal.

No one has mentioned perennial all star James Johnson yet, and it's kind of a Kings thread...c'mon people!
                            i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
                              What about this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d5478m8 ? We could acquire their first rounder too
                              Thats a terrible trade.
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X