Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN - Trade debates: Who stays, who goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minks77 wrote: View Post
    Mike B-eZ Can't carry D roses jock. Did a quick search because I don't remember their relative positions pre draft but if you want a good laugh read this:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...nba-mock-draft

my favourite part:

"Michael Beasley is a hybrid of so many players past and present, and is as much of a sure thing that we’ve seen in the draft since Tim Duncan.

He combines Charles Barkley’s rebounding as an undersized power forward, Antawn Jamison’s versatility and ability to score from anywhere on the floor, Shawn Marion’s explosive leaping and offensive rebounding talents, and Carmelo Anthony’s quick first step and strength. I am not saying what Beasley could become; I am listing what Beasley is right now."
    Obviously he can't now but, back than it wasn't such a far gone conclusion. At one point during the draft process Derrick Rose even said that B Easy was better than him. People have to remember that it's not just how good you are but, where you get drafted. Derrick Ross got the keys from day one and B Easy came off the bench for Haslem. Little stuff like that can change careers. It's all about confidence in the NBA. I honestly think if DeMar wasn't drafted by Toronto and fed minutes he would be as good as he is now.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If Beasley were anywhere near what some of his predraft predictions were saying he'd of taken the starting spot from day one. Wade needed help carrying the scoring load more than anything else on that team. MB was given chances in Miami, he started 19 games and played an average of 24.8 minutes. He wasn't buried on the bench. At any rate it's looking like he cleaned up his act for his single college season and then gone back to more of what he was in HS: a talented scorer who is too small to play PF, too slow to play SF, not interested in playing D and not interested in maintaining focus without the ball in his hands. He has shown little growth, lack of discipline and focus issue. These were the red flags. They were right. 5 years, 3 teams (including a wide open window of opportunity in PHX) and he keeps falling on his face. NO THANK YOU. You really think he's a good idea after 7 years of Andrea?
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        Yeah exactly, But I still don't get why the Cavs want to trade Varejao
        I'm guessing they want to try and get as many young prospects and draft picks to add to their young nucleus of Irving, Waiters and Thompson. They are trying to build the right way (through the draft). Varejao is their most valuable, expendible peice. If they can land another top 5 pick or a young prospect like Biyombo for Varejao, they might be happy with that.

Comment

If Beasley were anywhere near what some of his predraft predictions were saying he'd of taken the starting spot from day one. Wade needed help carrying the scoring load more than anything else on that team. MB was given chances in Miami, he started 19 games and played an average of 24.8 minutes. He wasn't buried on the bench. At any rate it's looking like he cleaned up his act for his single college season and then gone back to more of what he was in HS: a talented scorer who is too small to play PF, too slow to play SF, not interested in playing D and not interested in maintaining focus without the ball in his hands. He has shown little growth, lack of discipline and focus issue. These were the red flags. They were right. 5 years, 3 teams (including a wide open window of opportunity in PHX) and he keeps falling on his face. NO THANK YOU. You really think he's a good idea after 7 years of Andrea?
          Good post. Agree with everything.

Comment

+1

Would never touch Beasley.

I believe a Phoenix anonymous front office person referred to him as "toxic".

Comment

They use to say the same thing about Zach Randolph
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                They use to say the same thing about Zach Randolph
                True. But if we are using Z-Bo as the measuring stick, there are still a few teams and 5 years to go before he should be considered.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  True. But if we are using Z-Bo as the measuring stick, there are still a few teams and 5 years to go before he should be considered.
                  Lol hopefully we would speed that process up.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Randolph also produced everywhere he went. This was a 20-10 guy whose dedication to winning was questioned. Beasley the question is more than just dedication. Its can he produce, can he be consistent, can he be efficient, where does he fit and then can he become dedicated.

Thats alot more questions that Randolph had.

Comment

I cannot for the life of me get on board with all this blind Dwill love you guys are throwing around lately.Y'all have convinced yourself this lemon is a lime. Reminds me of years past when some of you were gettin wet at the possibility of beasley.
                      It was Jonny Flynn and other "diamonds in the rough" like him before that. If we were to take a look at the young, non-star players many posters wanted to acquire over the past few years, I bet a large proportion are now deep bench players or out of the NBA.

I am OK with this being basically a popularity contest; we all have soft spots for certain type of players.

Comment

Working...
                      X