Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN - Trade debates: Who stays, who goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    The Cavs are smart. They are a true rebuilding team. Varejao is not a winner. He gets good stats on a bad team (sound familiar?) but is already 30 and would most likely not be on the team when they become contenders instead of pretenders.

The Cavs will also be seeking the moon for him. They would want an all-star caliber player back, draft picks or young prospects (similar to what OKC got with Harden). Cavs are selling high, just like Bryan will be doing with Andrea. The difference is that Varejao is playing like an all-star this season where as Bargnani is playing like a stiff.
    I have a feeling Derrick Williams will end up in Cleveland.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Cavs are trying to net something on trade him now while value is high a lot of teams would want Varejo hes a good solid hustle Center. Should also make people forget he is hurt a lot with his play as of late.

And 100% agree that Id stop watching if Ross is traded...

Comment

I can't be sure of this, but I don't think Ford is ever that good at following the chatter in the league. He ONLY knows about the draft, and even then, only a bit.

Comment

Does not look like any of the 29 GMs is interested in AB. He's been "on the block" for over a week now, and actually led the rumor to be traded first with over 21K votes (double of the next guy) on nba.com the other day... I've never checked the final status but it wouldn't surprise me to see him keeping the #1 position. I'd take a 2nd rounder for him at this point. If this does not work out, amnesty his ass in the off season! Sign Calderon for a vet min and suddenly we've got all this cash to throw around. Again. Who wants to come to T.O. drama/trauma continues

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I have a feeling Derrick Williams will end up in Cleveland.
            THat sounds pretty likely. With Thompson not really improving much as a scorer, I could see a Pekovic + Williams + 1st rounder for Varejao working out for Cleveland, and really Varejao is a better fit than Gasol in terms of bringing what Minny needs, namely D, hard play and leading by example.

Comment

I cannot for the life of me get on board with all this blind Dwill love you guys are throwing around lately.Y'all have convinced yourself this lemon is a lime. Reminds me of years past when some of you were gettin wet at the possibility of beasley.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

He rebounds, he's athletic, he can score, he is also very young. And He will probably come off the bench, and be solid, with potential to be really good. Listen, Ridnour and DWill are amazing returns for Bargnani right now..
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                  I cannot for the life of me get on board with all this blind Dwill love you guys are throwing around lately.Y'all have convinced yourself this lemon is a lime. Reminds me of years past when some of you were gettin wet at the possibility of beasley.
                  I would still be happy if we got Beasley. Beasley has had red flags throughout his basketball career(went to five different HS). Which is actually the reason why he didn't go #1 cause Derrick Rose was the safest pick even though Michael Beasly had the the higher skill level and talent. I feel like he still can live up to his potential he just needs the right place(example Zach Randolph) but, that's a story for another thread. Derrick Williams has never had any red flags. He just was never a fit for that T-Wolves team and they knew it since the beginning. They just did what your suppose to do. Pick the best player available.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Derrick Williams and Michael Beasley put the most effort into their NCAA careers and in the workouts leading up to the draft and have been coasting ever since.

As for Verejao, he has been consistent when not working through injuries. Yes, he puts up great stats on a bad team, but don't forget he put up good stats on a very good Cleveland team just a few seasons ago.

Comment

+1 I don't get this obsession with DWill. Are we just assuming that he will become great once he is traded to Toronto?
                      Don't follow me. @AngryRaptorsFan

Comment

I love how we would have to include young talent just to get rid of this guy. Lamar Odom his ass, and tell him to go sit in Italy till we can amnesty him.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I would still be happy if we got Beasley. Beasley has had red flags throughout his basketball career(went to five different HS). Which is actually the reason why he didn't go #1 cause Derrick Rose was the safest pick even though Michael Beasly had the the higher skill level and talent. I feel like he still can live up to his potential he just needs the right place(example Zach Randolph) but, that's a story for another thread. Derrick Williams has never had any red flags. He just was never a fit for that T-Wolves team and they knew it since the beginning. They just did what your suppose to do. Pick the best player available.
                          Mike B-eZ Can't carry D roses jock. Did a quick search because I don't remember their relative positions pre draft but if you want a good laugh read this:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...nba-mock-draft

my favourite part:

"Michael Beasley is a hybrid of so many players past and present, and is as much of a sure thing that we’ve seen in the draft since Tim Duncan.

He combines Charles Barkley’s rebounding as an undersized power forward, Antawn Jamison’s versatility and ability to score from anywhere on the floor, Shawn Marion’s explosive leaping and offensive rebounding talents, and Carmelo Anthony’s quick first step and strength. I am not saying what Beasley could become; I am listing what Beasley is right now."
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

While looking over past mocks for 08 I noticed that Bayless was near universally ranked higher than Westbrook. Just goes to show you never can tell:

http://www.nba.com/draft2008/board/mock.html
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

While looking over past mocks for 08 I noticed that Bayless was near universally ranked higher than Westbrook. Just goes to show you never can tell:

http://www.nba.com/draft2008/board/mock.html
                              Yeah, I remember that.

Durant and Harden might have been givens but Presti surprised many with the Westbrook selection and most had no clue about Ibaka. There are certainly some uncontrollable events that led to Durant and Harden but Presti had full control on Westbrook and Ibaka.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Ross and JV for Varejao?

That might actually make me stop following the Raptors. Seriously. That would be beyond bad on so many levels.
                                +1000

Not sure what Chad Ford was thinking.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X