Is Casey finally figuring things out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Casey finally figuring things out?

So finally, Casey is starting to do what's best for the team and play those who are actually making a difference rather than just putting people out there. Based on this article http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/17...-time-cut-back about cutting JVs minutes back to play ED & AJ together because they have been playing well together. Wonder if he is going to also keep Jose as the starting point guard as he actually is a great shooter when he wants to be and he certainly knows how to pass the ball well. (ZERO) turnover last game was crazy.

Don't know if it's BC telling him to not play JV as much because of what happened with Sam and Barg and want to make sure he comes along properly. If BC stays around to see it happen that is. Or if it's Casey trying to FINALLY put his foot down and say, " I am playing the best players available" Either way, good for you Casey.

i get the sense that casey's finally doing what he wants, that Bargs' injury is his reason not to play him, thus giving him the opportunity to do what he wants to do, personnel wise.

i could be very well reading far too into it all though
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ive said from the start, as long as Bargs is here Casey has to play him. Honestly, trade Bargs, make Casey's job easier.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Casey Ball lives with no Bargnani.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          Casey Ball lives with no Bargnani.
          I'm with you on that one.

Comment

When Bargs got injired, BC went into his room crying and hasn't come out since. Thus resulting in Casey getting to actually run the show. Don't tell BC we are winning, he'll man the helm again

Comment

fuchan wrote: View Post
              when bargs got injired, bc went into his room crying and hasn't come out since. Thus resulting in casey getting to actually run the show. Don't tell bc we are winning, he'll man the helm again
              lmao

Comment

I think Casey is finally coaching like he did last year. Since Bargnani is injured: a) help defense and ball movement improved. b) Colangelo is not in Casey ear telling him to play Primo Pasta 30+ minutes.

Comment

I wonder if MLSE told BC to keep his nose out of coaching and Casey is actually allowed to coach the team the way he wants to.

Comment

RapRepRip wrote: View Post
                    I wonder if MLSE told BC to keep his nose out of coaching and Casey is actually allowed to coach the team the way he wants to.
                    That is good speculation.

DC and BC reportedly had separate discussion with MLSE board.

Comment

Bargnani's injury has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Casey is not forced(for whatever reason) to play him more than he deserves. Plus I see an improvement in defence.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                        Bargnani's injury has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Casey is not forced(for whatever reason) to play him more than he deserves. Plus I see an improvement in defence.
                        Agreed. I think AB's injury is main reason.

Comment

This is no coincidence that Bargs injury and Lowry's coincides with winning basketball.....look at how many assists and blocks the raptors have had over the past 3 games now. This is Dwayne Casey basketball, where we left off last year.

Sad to think that if Bargs was benched much earlier the Raps could've been a 30-40 win team. You need your power forwards to help get rebounds and protect the rim, Ed Davis is that guy right now.

Bargs injury is probably saving Colangelo's job.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            i get the sense that casey's finally doing what he wants, that Bargs' injury is his reason not to play him, thus giving him the opportunity to do what he wants to do, personnel wise.

i could be very well reading far too into it all though
                            THis is what i'm thinking as well.

Good post.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Did anyone else see the look on Barg face while they were walking through the tunnel on Sunday after the win? Maybe my eyes were seeing things or it was just my imagination but he didn't look too pleased. Almost like he was secretly wishing for the team lose that game so he could feel better about not playing. Like I said, might be my eyes playing tricks on me.

Great game tonight thought against the Cavs. Go Raps!

Comment

Working...
                              X