No announcement yet.

For now only 5 games out playoff spot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For now only 5 games out playoff spot.

So I know I am going to get my head ripped off for typing this but, only five games ago we were the second worst team in the league. Now the team is playing they did during preseason the bench is looking deep once again. After last night's win, we are only five games behind both Boston and Brooklyn. We finished poorly with one of the toughest opening schedule in the league but now have a much easier schedule ahead for a bit. Both boston and Brooklyn, who were suppose to be high up Internet standings are struggling at the moment.

I strongly believe that if we continue to play team ball, with no hero ball we can surprise everyone come April.

Who's with me?

Anything is possible but I would say no to the playoffs.

If they can keep playing the way they have been (i.e. a continuation of last season) they might make things interesting come playoff time (*edit*: and by this I mean the last couple of weeks fo the season).

If they add assets before the trade deadline (picks and prospects) and continue to play/develop the youth, I'll be very happy with this season.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 20, 2012, 11:20 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      So I know I am going to get my head ripped off for typing this but, only five games ago we were the second worst team in the league. Now the team is playing they did during preseason the bench is looking deep once again. After last night's win, we are only five games behind both Boston and Brooklyn. We finished poorly with one of the toughest opening schedule in the league but now have a much easier schedule ahead for a bit. Both boston and Brooklyn, who were suppose to be high up Internet standings are struggling at the moment.

I strongly believe that if we continue to play team ball, with no hero ball we can surprise everyone come April.

Who's with me?
      To put this into context, Toronto is as far from making the playoffs as they are from being the worst team in the league.

Comment

Not to totally discount the Raptors current success (which I'm very happy about), you do have to consider the circumstances of each win as well. The win streak includes Cleveland and Detroit who are both very bad teams, Dallas (who is bound for lottery without Dirk) and Houston (who was probably looking ahead to their game in NY).

Without Bargnani and Lowry we are the team we were last year. And last year we were 8th worst. We are still a lottery team unfortunately.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Anything is possible but I would say no to the playoffs.

If they can keep playing the way they have been (i.e. a continuation of last season) they might make things interesting come playoff time (*edit*: and by this I mean the last couple of weeks fo the season).

If they add assets before the trade deadline (picks and prospects) and continue to play/develop the youth, I'll be very happy with this season.
          And, if I may be so bold as to add to your comment, if they are able to do this they will have met their goals for this season. Having meaningful games in March will be a big leap forward for this group, even if they do not lead to a playoff appearance. But if even 1 of the teams ahead of us are met with the injury bug that slaughtered our roster, the playoffs are not out of the question. This would be a massive success for this squad.
          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
            And, if I may be so bold as to add to your comment, if they are able to do this they will have met their goals for this season. Having meaningful games in March will be a big leap forward for this group, even if they do not lead to a playoff appearance. But if even 1 of the teams ahead of us are met with the injury bug that slaughtered our roster, the playoffs are not out of the question. This would be a massive success for this squad.
            Seems to me like the injury bug has done anything but slaughter this roster......

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Without Bargnani and Lowry we are the team we were last year. And last year we were 8th worst. We are still a lottery team unfortunately.
              We have some developed players from last year in Ed Davis and Demar Derozan. The Everywhere Man is better too and don't forget young Terrence Ross and Jonas Valanciunas. The Raptors are better team than last year
              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

I don't know if we will make the playoffs but as long as we are close I think we can consider it a success after our abyssmal start. This is a transition year for us, either we commit to trying to win with the guys we have or we blow it up. Some retooling could be done (trade Bargs) but I think that's the decision to make and being close to the playoofs helps with that decision.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

The schedule continues to be favorable for the next month and a half or so and then gets tougher again to close out the season. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we closed distance on the last playoff spot and perhaps even got as high as eighth, before falling back to around 9th or 10th in the conference by the end of the season. Of course, it is possible they stay on a roll, continue to win the games against weak teams, and start to knock off some of the better teams as well. But my gut says that they end up on the outside looking in.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post

I think injuries saved this season to be honest.

Comment

Hope you did not type that too soon. Lol

Comment

Hope you did not type that too soon. Lol
                        True.

It has been phenomenal to see the Raps success without #tradeBargnani.

Lowry has been unfortunate but it also shows him this team can win and does not need a saviour, just another solid contributor.

Fields injury (or should I say the reason behind his struggles) was a life saver for his confidence, I would think.

Moving forward, please keep the youth healthy!

Comment

Who's with me?
                          6 games back.

Comment

Really? What if Anderson didn't get hurt? What if Fields didn't get hurt? Lowry missing games at the beginning of the season certainly didn't help. I look at all of that and wonder what our record could have been coming into this stretch of games.
                            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

"who the hell is this, paging me at 5:46, its my homie Jack from the tsn crew, why you callin jack?, he tellin me we's blowin up like nitro, heard we beat the mavs, clipped the cavs, kicked the pistons ass, heard we made harden sad, now the nba is mad and the magic are practicing hard for a Friday, so dat it won't be a raptor win day"

Comment

Working...
                              X