Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks wanted Amare-Bargs swap in February

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/12/k...toudemire.html

Not sure if this has been posted previously, but mods can delete/move if needed.

I'm kinda surprised they wanted Bargs, but considering how well he was playing at the time, it makes sense that they were interested.

Thoughts? anyone happy/disappointed this didn't happen?

As much as I want Bargnani gone, I would not want Amar'e.

Comment

I love it!

I would be fun to read posts about Amar'e's defensive acumen.. A thread titled "Where are Thou?" showing clips of Amar'e trying to find a player to guard would be very entertaining.

Comment

So we trade Bargs for what is perhaps the worst big man defender in the league? Sounds like something we'd do...
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I think I'd sooner trade Bargs for both Stoudamire's than Stoudemire, if you catch my drift.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

ya i wouldnt do it...Amare is too much a risk with HUGE $ thats not insurable. id rather get a TPE then Amare

Comment

I guess it would have been like trading for Jermaine O'Neal, let's say, in 2008... Oh wait we did it.

Comment

i wouldnt mind it
                he would be a good mentor for jv+davis

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                  i wouldnt mind it
                  he would be a good mentor for jv+davis
                  Amar'e: So kids.. see this thing? With the extinguisher inside? Don't punch that.
                  JV: Okay...
                  Amar'e: Cuz your hand will, like, fall off.
                  Davis: Got it.
                  Amar'e: My work here is done.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    Amar'e: So kids.. see this thing? With the extinguisher inside? Don't punch that.
                    JV: Okay...
                    Amar'e: Cuz your hand will, like, fall off.
                    Davis: Got it.
                    Amar'e: My work here is done.
                    That right there is some quality! lol well played sir well played!

Comment

Defense aside I think he would play really well with Calderon.

Comment

So nice to see the collective voice of reason here. No sense getting rid of our problem by taking on a bigger problem. We've tried that.

Comment

He can't possibly be a worse help defender than bargnani

Comment

From the NY Times article,

This past summer, the Knicks offered Stoudemire to nearly every team in the league — “available for free,” as one rival executive put it. But they found no takers because of his diminished production, his health and his contract, which has three years and $65 million remaining (counting this season) and which is uninsured against a career-ending knee injury.
                            In February, the Knicks wanted to send Stoudemire to Toronto in a deal for Andrea Bargnani, a person briefed on the discussion said. But the proposal was vetoed by James L. Dolan, the Garden chairman, before it ever reached the Raptors

Ouch......

Comment

At least he can score consistently and is a former all star

Comment

Working...
                              X