Take back Nene or Okafor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take back Nene or Okafor?

Would you do a one for one with Bargs for one of them?

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Would you do a one for one with Bargs for one of them?
    Nene yes, Okafor no.

Comment

apparently nene is disgruntled with wizards management for not holding the young players accountable. I would take on nene and a bad contract for bargs.

Comment

nene and first round pick for Bargs and calderon
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

isn't nene maxed?

don't want unless it's nene and a 2013 first rounder

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            isn't nene maxed?

don't want unless it's nene and a 2013 first rounder
            Agreed.

Only way I touch Nene or Okafor is for a 2013 first rounder and/or right to swap picks in 2013 and 2014.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Agreed.

Only way I touch Nene or Okafor is for a 2013 first rounder and/or right to swap picks in 2013 and 2014.
              Wha? If they take Bargnani (and Kleiza?) for Nene or Okafor we take the deal and run. Ask for a draft pick too? Umm, yeah right. Most likely we'de need to give them one. Nene is awesome, and Okafor is way better than Andrea. Let the Management worry about salaries.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
                Wha? If they take Bargnani (and Kleiza?) for Nene or Okafor we take the deal and run. Ask for a draft pick too? Umm, yeah right. Most likely we'de need to give them one. Nene is awesome, and Okafor is way better than Andrea. Let the Management worry about salaries.
                My thought was Calderon as the centre piece (i.e. expiring contract giving Washington significant cap space), not Bargnani.

But addressing points about Nene and Okafor: Nene is a chronic injury case who played to get paid. Read some of the articles by Denver beat journalists who are hardly surprised with his limited burn in Washington thus far. Okafor is a shell of his former self.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  My thought was Calderon as the centre piece (i.e. expiring contract giving Washington significant cap space), not Bargnani.

But addressing points about Nene and Okafor: Nene is a chronic injury case who played to get paid. Read some of the articles by Denver beat journalists who are hardly surprised with his limited burn in Washington thus far. Okafor is a shell of his former self.
                  Yeah, I wouldn't trade Calderon for either of them. But Bargnani? Done deal.

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co...r_ids%5B%5D=72

Comment

I'd definitely trade him for Okafor. Okafor has only 2 years left on his contract, which would shave one year off of Bargnani's. He's a legit center and would be a good body while JV recovers from his injury. I like the idea of freeing up cash for the 2014 free agency class since that class is so good.

I also do think we could squeeze another asset (like a pick) for an Okafor/Bargnani trade, since Okafor is older and is rapidly declining. You could still sell Bargnani's potential to anyone if you tried hard enough.. Bryan has been doing it for the last 7 years in Toronto and it has worked for a lot of people.

Nene is a maybe. He's a much better player obviously but he has 4 years left on his massive new contract. That contract scares the bejeezus out of me, especially since he's so injury prone. If the deal happened I wouldn't get mad, I would prefer someone else though.

Comment

Working...
                    X