X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about DeMarcus Cousins?

Kings aren't satisfied with guy's behavior and suspended him indefinitely:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11802

Management are tired of his character. They are really bad team and need some big changes. We could offer them who they really need - a proven PG (Lowry or Jose), we have Bargs too so Raptors could acquire one bad contract with Cousins (Salmons or Thornton).

What do you think?
    Last edited by japetas; Sat Dec 22, 2012, 04:39 PM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

japetas wrote: View Post
    Kings aren't satisfied with guy's behavior and suspended him indefinitely:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11802

Management are tired of his character. They are really bad team and need some big changes. We could offer them who they really need - a proven PG (Lowry or Jose), we have Bargs too so Raptors could acquire one bad contract with Cousins (Salmons or Thornton).

What do you think?
    Demarcus might be better in a change of scenery. Who knows? With Casey, and some of our vet guys, we could hold a guy like Demarcus accountable.

Than again, it is Demarcus Cousins we are talking about, probably the worst attitude in the NBA.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      Demarcus might be better in a change of scenery. Who knows? With Casey, and some of our vet guys, we could hold a guy like Demarcus accountable.

Than again, it is Demarcus Cousins we are talking about, probably the worst attitude in the NBA.
      Maybe he's just tired of losing. I don't say that coming to Toronto would dramatically change everything in comparison with Kings in winning/losing, but maybe a new environment, new team mates would change his attitude at least for a while, and if a team would start winning...
      With some discipline and good coaching he could easily be a superstar, he has never played with a true playmaker like Jose. In my opinion The Kings are the worst team in the NBA (Washington and New Orleans have some potential when injured players returns (J. Wall and E. Gordon respectively)), Kings have no strategy...
      Last edited by japetas; Sat Dec 22, 2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Does Cousins get paid during this suspension?

Comment

What about Tyreke Evans?
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
            Does Cousins get paid during this suspension?
            I'm quite sure that a suspended player does not get paid unless he appeals and wins the appeal.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              I'm quite sure that a suspended player does not get paid unless he appeals and wins the appeal.
              I think that's only if he gets suspended by the NBA. In that case, reports almost alway talk about 'suspended without pay'. That's not the case in these reports. I don't think that's possible when there is no timetable set for the suspension and I'm not sure teams are allowed to do suspend players without pay; my guess would be that it's only the league-office that's allowed to do that. I have no clue where to find the rules about this though.

Comment

I wouldn't touch him with a 39 and a half foot long pole.

Comment

If you think purely, PURELY BASKETBALL.

Jonas Valanciunas and Demarcus Cousins in the front-court? Getting rebounds, offense, defense...

Holy shit.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'd be willing to try. We'd have to take on a big contract to make the money work- probably Salmons given his age and the three years remaining on his contract. Cousins IS being paid right now. Only problem would be finding minutes for both Cousins and JV.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bnltuyg YIKES

Comment

Guuuyyyys, we cant afford chemistry issues right now...
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

It's a one game suspension! .....a slap on the wrist.

Comment

chrisbem100 wrote: View Post
                            I'd be willing to try. We'd have to take on a big contract to make the money work- probably Salmons given his age and the three years remaining on his contract. Cousins IS being paid right now. Only problem would be finding minutes for both Cousins and JV.
                            no team will be taking on a big contract for cousins. he had the talent to go number 1 but guy is crazy. if sac town starts asking what teams will give up the sharks will smell blood and start lowballing.

with cousins i think their best bet is to tank the season and try to pawn him off for a couple mid first rounders if any team has 2 this year. that team can say they get a super talent for a couple of picks in a weak draft and sac town can hope to get a player

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                              It's a one game suspension! .....a slap on the wrist.
                              After reports that Cousins was reinstated from his suspension, he's still not with the team in Portland and won't play tonight.

From Rotoworld.com:

DeMarcus Cousins didn't travel with the Kings to Portland for Wednesday's game.
                              Beat writer Jason Jones reported Tuesday that Cousins was likely to play, with a source telling Jones that Cousins' ban would be limited to one game as long as Cousins apologized. Now, with the Kings dubbing Cousins' second straight missed game as a "coach's decision," it's fair to wonder whether Cousins and Keith Smart have kissed and made up. Something tells us this is a long way from being over

So, there is still possibility that Cousins could be traded?

Comment

Working...
                              X